91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   College Thread~ (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1268)

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke 08-14-2010 12:34 PM

College Thread~

Hey guy's~ I'm gona be gone for a couple of days cause I have to get ready for college, so to keep you all entertained while I'm gone, Imma start a college thread. Basically you try to 1-up the post above you with something awesome about your college, and if you're not in college yet (everything that's not college is horrible!!! #waterfall) you can brag about your current school, or if you're older and dont go to school, brag about your job, or if you dont have a job and dont go to school, then GET A LIFE DEADBEAT!!! #pwned

so I'll go first

My college has their own debit cards that work on Vending Machines! SO HA!

ZshadowX 08-14-2010 12:36 PM

Re: College Thread~

You too!! I'm also starting college, but for me classes starts on the August 21

Let's see, My college is locate on top of a mountain

moonhawk81 08-14-2010 12:43 PM

At my alma mater, we guys were only about 10% of the student population. Top[less] that!

Mollybibbles 08-14-2010 01:12 PM

We don't need sororities or frats to be awesome for we are an art school dedicated to being awesome. And we don't have just one 1 or 2 school colors but a color CHART! And we have some odd school song in which the melody is non-existent.

Actually, college isn't all that bad. As long as you keep up and study hard, it can be a lot of fun. I'm glad not to be living in the dorms again, though. YAY for my own apartment!

Jubilee 08-14-2010 01:32 PM

I shall be moving into my dorm room on the 21st as well #waterfall

Although I am excited to get started, and back into the swing of actually doing things in my life again...

The dorms scare me...#gyarados

It is quite silly as my mother lives 5 miles from the campus...but I suppose it is their choice not mine...(save me #baw)

EagleEyes 08-16-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee (Post 18025)
I shall be moving into my dorm room on the 21st as well #waterfall

Although I am excited to get started, and back into the swing of actually doing things in my life again...

The dorms scare me...#gyarados

It is quite silly as my mother lives 5 miles from the campus...but I suppose it is their choice not mine...(save me #baw)

Can I get your nice things?

Mollybibbles 08-16-2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 18128)
Can I get your nice things?

Jubi is moving into the dorms, not dying.
The dorms aren't that scary. They can be a lot of fun. You make friends with the people on your floor and if you happen to not like your roommate (which has happened to me), well, that's what headphones were put on this earth for. If you join or start an anime club, you'll find a lot of them live in the dorms with you prompting you all to have super special anime gatherings. All in all, dorms aren't all that bad. They aren't the best, but they aren't bad.
#thumbup You'll be fine, I know it!

homie_jiraiya 08-16-2010 12:57 PM

well im gonu be taught to be a teacher so ha

ScrumYummy 08-16-2010 02:50 PM

My college sucked, and my job sucks. So I concede defeat in advance. XD

TehScribbles 08-17-2010 12:27 PM

I also move it the 21st, but it's a week early for my school because of RA training, I'm scared, excited and nervous at the same time. The awesome part is that I get my own room! Although I'm hoping they painted back to white instead of keeping it pink...#waterfall

They only thing cool about my college is that we have a life size rocket on campus. And we have the museum of space for the kiddos.

chefofdeath 08-17-2010 05:14 PM

at my college a famous chef from thai land came to our school and make some Chicken Curry it was so good

http://www.chefmcdang.com/

hounddog 08-17-2010 05:40 PM

The worst part about college was having to leave and be a grown-up. :( Don't ever do that, kids. SERIOUS.

The best part was meeting my roommate, who I lived with all four years and even after college because she is my soulmate. So you might really like your roomie, which makes college that much more awesome!

Elanora 08-17-2010 06:37 PM

I got paid for college AND graduate school.

Finishing college with zero debt pretty much takes the cake for me.

ScrumYummy 08-18-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hounddog (Post 18216)
The best part was meeting my roommate, who I lived with all four years and even after college because she is my soulmate. So you might really like your roomie, which makes college that much more awesome!

Oh, man! I feel that way about my college room-mate, but I only lived with her for six months :( I miss her. We live on opposite sides of the country now, but whenever we talk it's as if I never left.

hounddog 08-18-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrumYummy (Post 18295)
Oh, man! I feel that way about my college room-mate, but I only lived with her for six months :( I miss her. We live on opposite sides of the country now, but whenever we talk it's as if I never left.

Aw, see, Scrum...it wasn't all bad!

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke 08-22-2010 12:01 PM

lol college is awesome, my roommates nice, theres shops everywhere, and I live right next to a turtle pond!!!! #mayoi

ZshadowX 08-27-2010 10:07 PM

I dont think my college even have a school color or mascot

Zaig 02-08-2011 10:25 PM

On campus, our anime club has three times the amount of members than the second biggest club.

Gatx 02-09-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaig (Post 26696)
On campus, our anime club has three times the amount of members than the second biggest club.

Our anime club is small, like, less than 20 people . . .

Well, let's see, my college is by/on the beach. Not sure how to say it, I guess technically there's a beach ON campus.

Oh, and Mark Z. Danielewski (good for you if you know who he is) is going to come to one of my classes next week! Woo!

Zaig 02-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatx (Post 26718)
Our anime club is small, like, less than 20 people . . .

Haha, I know it's big. It was established only a year ago, too. Although it has a lot of registered members, most people only come when we're learning about cosplaying or other activities. =/