91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3159)

nerdwerld 04-07-2013 08:32 PM

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere aka as Kyōkaisen-jō no Horaizon was a light novel created by Minoru Kawakami and illustrated by Satoyashi. It is currently my favorite anime, and oddly like Baccano I keep marathoning it sporadically and shoving it into people's faces. I made this so people can discuss this awesome series.If you want to watch the anime series it is on Crunchyroll and you can buy it through Sentai Filmworks who has brought the first season over to North America.
I will say this, however it starts off really slow. There is no plot until episode 4, has tons of fanservice. (the whole female cast is fanservice) However, by episode 5-9 things not only get clear, but it becomes a rather enjoyable and engaging show. If you like history, character development, and Minorin then this is the show for you. Minori Chihara sings the opening and theme of the series, and also voices the main female protagonist.

Cheflelouch 04-08-2013 01:22 AM

Re: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere

Sounds in treating I should check it out later on the week on my days off

MakiMaki 04-12-2013 02:22 PM

I just added this back into my queue. Don't know how it got deleted, but it's back on my list to watch!

LivingShadow 04-13-2013 10:29 PM

This is one of those series that's awesome, but makes no sense. Just roll with it.

I could write several pages about the creativeness of all the characters and concepts in this. I particularly enjoyed the use of pile-drivers for stabilization.

MakiMaki 04-15-2013 11:32 AM

I finally got around to and started S1...finished it in one sitting! Absolutely right about the first few episodes (mind you I don't mind the fanservice! LOL) but once the plot got rolling, I was hooked! Fight scenes were awesome and the way they tugged at the emotions, especially with the core character back-stories was great.

Masazumi (Miyuki Sawashiro is just too awesome! <3) and Suzu are my sentimental favorites after watching their background stories. Kimi...I bow to her as my goddess and ruler after watching her idol/dance seduction powers! XD

Looking forward to S2 (which I'm sure i'll finish in one sitting again lol)

nerdwerld 04-15-2013 07:32 PM

Personally I like how everything builds up in the first season. Once you start to understand the world, the second season does become enjoyable, although it has lost some of it's charm. This is just my opinion, but I still love the 2nd season. I like how they take minor characters and put them in the main characters shoes.