91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Ravens aren't the only birds that can talk! (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747)

Aero 03-27-2010 08:09 AM

Ravens aren't the only birds that can talk!

Hello everyone~

I've been following the site for awhile, but haven't really had time to lurk around the forums until now. Unlike a lot of you, I'm probably not as much into anime as I once was, but I still watch it from time to time and classify myself as a bitter oldbie (some people might consider that being an elitist >.>;) when it comes to show selection. Japanese culture and food also isn't a big thing for me, but there is one type of thing from Japan that will always interest me: games. I'm not so much into JRPGs as much as some of the niche titles that seem to do well in the Japanese market, but not so well here (or simply just not sold here). I always enjoy a number of cult classics like Valkyrie Profile.

All and all, I'm happy to be here : ) I've been waiting for Kana to put something nifty like this site together for awhile, so I'm excited to see where it goes.

See you all around,
Aero

Zero Gravity 03-27-2010 08:48 AM

Re: Ravens aren't the only birds that can talk!

Welcome! Wether it be anime or video games, enjoy your time here!
Hope your into Pokemon, its the big thing here

EagleEyes 03-27-2010 11:20 AM

Eagle's can talk too? Well at least their eye's can.

Welcome ^^

Aero 03-27-2010 03:02 PM

Thanks you two : )

@Zero
I've noticed the pokemon thing. It seems to be cropping up everywhere. Quite a few of my friends have been playing it a lot recently.

ace8489 03-27-2010 04:17 PM

Hello

Welcome to the site.

Aero 03-27-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace8489 (Post 11450)
Hello

Welcome to the site.

Thanks <3 Nice looking avatar and such ^^

Kanashimi 03-27-2010 04:51 PM

Heya Aero, thanks for joining! I'm glad you like the site and I hope you stay around!

Camajak 03-27-2010 08:36 PM

Hello, Aero!
I can relate to the whole not-that-big-into-anime-anymore thing. I still love my anime! But I'm not specifically seeking it out too much anymore... ;P
So, yeah, welcome to the forums! Hehe. I'm not big into the forums, either. Mostly just the IRC, or having the radio play in the background if I'm drawing something ;)
Hmmm, I have a question: Is Monster Hunter one of those series that you're into that's bigger in Japan than it is here?

Aero 03-27-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camajak (Post 11460)
Hello, Aero!
I can relate to the whole not-that-big-into-anime-anymore thing. I still love my anime! But I'm not specifically seeking it out too much anymore... ;P
So, yeah, welcome to the forums! Hehe. I'm not big into the forums, either. Mostly just the IRC, or having the radio play in the background if I'm drawing something ;)
Hmmm, I have a question: Is Monster Hunter one of those series that you're into that's bigger in Japan than it is here?

Thanks for saying 'hi' : )

And no. I've been meaning to play one of those Monster Hunter games (I've heard nothing but good things about them), but haven't really had the time lately. Since I'm in class or on campus quite a bit, I've been playing a lot more PC games (I always have my trusty lappy, Alia, with me). I'm sure I'll have more time to play games once graduate though : ) So maybe then.

Lite 03-28-2010 01:37 AM

Hey Aero, nice to meet ya ^^
Hope to see you around the boards!

Oni 03-28-2010 03:24 AM

...Ravens can talk now?

Aero 03-28-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 11480)
...Ravens can talk now?

Yeah. They have an extensive vocabulary consisting of the word "nevermore".

Mollybibbles 03-28-2010 01:42 PM

I never doubted that birds can talk, although, those pesky parrots leave a lot to be desired when it comes to their minimal vocabulary... but I digress.
Welcome and enjoy the forums ^.^

Chris 03-29-2010 03:16 AM

Welcome Aero!