91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What were the 3 best games you've played (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1830)

qazavul 01-27-2011 07:59 AM

What were the 3 best games you've played

I was mostly wondering if any has truly liked a game not just playing it but the story, details, and gameplay. its ok if you dont have 3 just what games did you truly like playing.

my favorite games

1. Shadow of the Colossus-Excellent games with amazing design for a ps2 game.
2. dot hack// series- I greatly love to storyline of the dot hack// series and enjoy its gameplay.
3. Disgaea series- I love its funny Storylines and how it allows you to reach insane lvls and get lots of power. ( Cant w8 until Disgaea 4 comes out in US)

Rhetorical Gamer 01-27-2011 08:08 AM

Re: What were the 3 best games you've played

1. Eh its a tie with Mega Man X and Final Fantasy 6
2. The complete Halo series
3. Pokemon Crystal

Zero Gravity 01-27-2011 09:23 AM

1) Pokemon Blue - my first ever Pokemon game, the game that I wanted the MOST during Christmas of '99, I received the packaged deal at Sam's Club, 1 Pokemon version + Gameboy Color console + Guidebook. I was just sucked into it so much, you could not pry it away from me.

2) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 + Knuckles - While Sonic 2 was my first Sonic game, Sonic 3 was ultimatley my favorite, the add on from Sonic and Knuckles made it seem more like a challenge. I've played it so much that I know where EVERY hidden special stage Ring and Secret lies, I never fail a special stage or die on a level. the OST was also amazing.

3) dotHACK//GU - My First REAL JRPG for a console (non portable). I loved the battle system, I loved the music and story line. Even though I didnt see the anime before hand (And only picked this up because I had no $ and it was on sale at TRU for $5) but I roughly got the idea of what happened. It was just such a great game for me.

grimdefeat 01-27-2011 11:19 AM

World of Warcraft-it is the definition of amazing
Okami- such a beautiful game all together
Dead Rising- you and a mall full of zombies always equals tons of fun

qazavul 01-27-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 26107)
1)3) dotHACK//GU - My First REAL JRPG for a console (non portable). I loved the battle system, I loved the music and story line. Even though I didnt see the anime before hand (And only picked this up because I had no $ and it was on sale at TRU for $5) but I roughly got the idea of what happened. It was just such a great game for me.

yea I know wut ya mean tho i didnt pay 5$ for mine lol

Zaig 01-27-2011 03:21 PM

Only three? Even in college I have not been asked such a difficult question. But okay, I'll try.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog series- My first games. I love playing as the blue blur and his ever increasing companions; though, after a while, some of the characters were beginning to get annoying. >.>
2. dothack- Bought and played through all seven games by dataflagging in my first playthroughs. If Atoli's awesomeness in GU isn't enough to gain a spot as a most loved video-game series, then how about those lovable grunties--yes, even you, the noble one in the IMOQ games.
3. Pokemon- Unfortunately I am no longer into them as much as I were two years ago (sites, forums, crater, competitive battling all of the time, etc), but I will never forget them--except the ones in Black and White, as those are already forgotten.

Honorable mentions because three is simply impossible-

Digimon World series
Mana Khemia series (or Gust games in general)
Shin Megami Tensei series
Super Smash Bros. series

These above series I could not live without replaying and have made up a large part of my lifestyle.

Bargain Gamer 01-27-2011 03:25 PM

Hm, this is a tough one. But I'm going to have to go with Persona 4 for the PS2, Legend of Dragoon for the PSO, and Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast/Gamecube! I'm a bit of an RPG junkie. ^ ^;

Zaig 01-27-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargain Gamer (Post 26148)
Hm, this is a tough one. But I'm going to have to go with Persona 4 for the PS2, Legend of Dragoon for the PSO, and Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast/Gamecube! I'm a bit of an RPG junkie. ^ ^;

Darn it! I knew I was forgetting The Legend of Dragoon! I have two copies (the first disk had broke) of the 4-disk game. And Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 is great as well. Never played Skies of Arcadia before, though. =/

Bargain Gamer 01-27-2011 03:38 PM

I still have two copies of legend of dragoon as well. ^ ^ And if you can find a copy for the Gamecube you should totally pick up Skies of Arcadia.

It was such a fun game! #glorious

Leviathan Mist 01-27-2011 05:01 PM

Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, and Final Fantasy 6. :D

nerdwerld 01-27-2011 05:07 PM

Pokemon Silver
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy 6

honerable mention that trumps all three The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Tsundere 01-27-2011 05:11 PM

Final fantasy 9, Tales of symphonia and zelda ocarina of time. In that order

Gatx 01-28-2011 02:33 AM

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (hands down, now and forever, or at least until Skyrim comes out)
2. Steambot Chronicles
3. Gotcha Force (very few people know about this game, but it is an absolute blast to play)

Though I also have a soft spot for Dissidia, the Crystal Chronicles series, Phantasy Star Portable 2, and of course Super Smash Bros Brawl (I don't like Melee because I can't even comprehend what just happened before I die when I play with pro people).

Zaig 01-29-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bargain Gamer (Post 26154)
I still have two copies of legend of dragoon as well. ^ ^ And if you can find a copy for the Gamecube you should totally pick up Skies of Arcadia.

It was such a fun game! #glorious

Did some research on the game and it definitely looks like worthwhile for me. Unfortunately, as you might have guessed, the usual stores I would buy new and used games from don't have it even within 100 miles--and these are stores I could find somewhat rare gamecube and playstation 1 games in! I could get it on amazon, but it's expensive there. This is the first time I've had both of these problems. Geebus. XD

Bargain Gamer 01-29-2011 10:52 AM

Hm. My only suggestion in that case would be to check out ebay. There are a couple of copies on there that aren't too expensive, though of course they could go up with bids. Other than that though, just keep your eyes open and maybe you'll get lucky. ^ ^;

gannon133 01-29-2011 12:42 PM

1. No More Heroes 1+2: Just that good of a story when you reflect upon it

2. Megaman Zero Collection: I have the game as of recent. The story is more developed than any other Megaman games I have played, the gameplay is hard I give it that but I got use to it.

3. Metroid Fusion: I like this story from all the other Metroid games in general and was my first Metroid game to play

JinnRemona 02-26-2011 08:17 AM

1: Legend of Dragoon - Amazing storyline, extremely well done battle system, and for the time it came out, breathtaking visuals.

2: Chrono Cross - There's not much I can say about this that won't involve my saying Amazing, over and over again for an hour straight.

3: Megaman Legends - It was one of the first Megaman games that I played where it had a 3D freeroam aspect to it, and with a great storyline, extremely funny characters, and fun battles. Especially when you have to fight giant robots five times your size. With a pea shooter.

EagleEyes 02-26-2011 01:43 PM

Crash Bandicoot, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Pokemon Silver

Jubilee 02-26-2011 01:46 PM

Pokemon Gold, Final Fantasy X, Diablo II

No particular order :awesome:

Flame 02-27-2011 04:32 PM

#1 Pokemon Heart Gold on DS
#2 Resident Evil 4 on Wii
and #3 Chrono Trigger on Super NES Emulator.