91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Television (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Your favorite western cartoon/animation (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288)

Leviathan Mist 08-18-2010 09:58 AM

Your favorite western cartoon/animation

I know this board mostly revolves around anime, but I'm sure a lot of you like at least some western cartoons as well. Maybe not as much as anime, but there are still good ones out there. The Simpsons and Family Guy immediately come to mind.

There were also some old shows that aren't on the air anymore which I used to love. Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were awesome.

Jubilee 08-18-2010 11:31 AM

Re: Your favorite western cartoon/animation

I loved Catdog as a kid...

Invader Zim was of course awesome...

All super hero cartoons :awesome:

Xiaolin Showdown & Jackie Chan Adventures were some of my favorite Saturday morning ones...

Oh the memories #waterfall

grimdefeat 08-18-2010 01:16 PM

hey arnold was awesome
phineas and ferb is deffinately one of the best ones out right now
i enjoyed code monkeys on g4
futurama the simpsons family guy are all great
and finally robot chicken is epic funny

Tyto 08-18-2010 02:56 PM

Oh man do i ever miss watching Super Friends and all the old Hanna Barbara super hero shows. Herculoids, Space Ghost, Birdman, Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, Johnny Quest, The Impossibles, Shazzan, that god awful Godzilla cartoon with Godzooky, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids, Charlie Chan and the Chan Clan...

Good lord thanks a lot, I practically nostalgia'd myself into a damn coma right there. This is more of my childhood than I need in one sitting. Now I'll be on youtube watching old OPs forever.

hounddog 08-18-2010 04:57 PM

My old roommates and I used to watch the Kirby cartoons and the Winx Club or whatever it was called (this is, uh, last year). Good times.

Nostalgia-wise, Hey Arnold was pretty awesome - and Doug. Man, I miss Doug.

chefofdeath 08-18-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hounddog (Post 18322)
Doug. Man, I miss Doug.

if you didnt know they brought back or they are bringing back doug if u didnt know

ClearMetalVoltar 08-18-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefofdeath (Post 18324)
if you didnt know they brought back or they are bringing back doug if u didnt know

liar liar pants on fire!!!( i know that u cant prove it due to forum rules)

ahhh i remember all of those epic saturday morning toons. ducktails,sonic,marsupulami,darkwingduck,chip n dale,mightyducks,timon and pumbaa,ahh real monsters,loony toons,duck dodgers, dexters lab, johnny bravo,ren and stimpy,beavus and butthead,cow and chicken,tom and jerry,recess,filmore,the tick,eek,teachers pet,etc......................................

those were the good ol days T-T I NEED A TIME MACHINE!!!

choum123 08-18-2010 06:47 PM

When I woke up I usually watched Fairy Odd Parents. Later in the day there would be Totally Spies and Xiaolin Pokemon. I'm not sure if this counts but Code Lyoko was a big one i'd always watch

chefofdeath 08-18-2010 06:47 PM

just saying what i heard ..... i know that they show doug on tv still but u need to get certain channels

Leviathan Mist 08-18-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClearMetalVoltar (Post 18327)
liar liar pants on fire!!!( i know that u cant prove it due to forum rules)

ahhh i remember all of those epic saturday morning toons. ducktails,sonic,marsupulami,darkwingduck,chip n dale,mightyducks,timon and pumbaa,ahh real monsters,loony toons,duck dodgers, dexters lab, johnny bravo,ren and stimpy,beavus and butthead,cow and chicken,tom and jerry,recess,filmore,the tick,eek,teachers pet,etc......................................

those were the good ol days T-T I NEED A TIME MACHINE!!!

I remember most of those. Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck were probably my favorite of those you mentioned. I'm also reminded of Tale Spin and Inspector Gadget. Good stuff.

Oh, did anyone watch Angry Beavers? XD

chefofdeath 08-18-2010 06:54 PM

its all about SUPERHERO STATIC SHOCK

moonhawk81 08-18-2010 06:57 PM

Phineas and Ferb is the funniest new cartoon I've seen in years! Also love The Powerpuff Girls--if I ever go all supervillian, I'm gonna be Mojo Jojo. . .And can't forget Samurai Jack! Ed, Edd, and Eddy is great, but I still think Sarah's gonna ditch Jimmy and marry Double D. . .

twillÿ 08-18-2010 07:11 PM

Oh man, I love...

Dave the Barbarian, The Weekenders, Lloyd In Space, Darkwing Duck, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Doug, Ahhhhh! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, KABLAM!, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Family Guy, South Park, Code Monkeys, Daria, Braceface, Catdog, Cow & Chicken, 2 Stupid Dogs, Johnny Bravo and Powerpuff Girls.

...just to name a few. #giddy

hounddog 08-18-2010 07:21 PM

Oh man, Chip 'n' Dale! And Rocko! <3 Kids these days are missing out.

Leviathan Mist 08-18-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hounddog (Post 18349)
Oh man, Chip 'n' Dale! And Rocko! <3 Kids these days are missing out.

Ya, can't believe I forgot Ch-ch-ch-chip n' Dale, Rescue Rangers!

I saw Rocko's Modern Life back in the day too. Old Nickelodeon cartoons were awesome. Rugrats, Doug, Rocko, Ren and Stimpy, etc.

Zero Gravity 08-18-2010 08:05 PM

Batman the Animated Series (and affiliations, aka, Batman Beyond, Justice League, etc etc)
The Simpsons
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (more of a live acion/cartoon splice)

moonhawk81 08-18-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillÿ (Post 18345)
Oh man, I love...

Dave the Barbarian, The Weekenders, Lloyd In Space, Darkwing Duck, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Doug, Ahhhhh! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, KABLAM!, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Family Guy, South Park, Code Monkeys, Daria, Braceface, Catdog, Cow & Chicken, 2 Stupid Dogs, Johnny Bravo and Powerpuff Girls.

...just to name a few. #giddy

Thanks, Twilly! I totally forgot Darkwing Duck, Johnny Bravo, and 2 Stupid Dogs. Hey, look--corn!

grimdefeat 08-18-2010 10:51 PM

dont tell me you guys are forgeting hey arnold and doug

Zehutsumei 08-19-2010 08:07 AM

My favourite would have to be a show I rediscovered a week ago: Zeta Project. The first season was a blast, though the second is a little lacking.

Marpolo 1991 08-19-2010 05:16 PM

Justice League, JL Unlimited, Megas XLR, Avatar the Last Aribender, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Hey Arnold, Freakazoid, Batman Beyond, Batman the Animated series, Dark Wing Duck, Invader Zim, Loyd in Space, and Pinky and the Brain.