91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Introduction (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220)

Leviathan Mist 08-06-2010 07:13 PM

Introduction

Oh hi, I'm Leviathan Mist, and I'm here because I like anime music, and J-Pop in general. I don't like to disclose personal information, but I can share some of my interests.

I love to play video games, especially RPGs. My favorite RPG series are the Namco Tales, Dynasty Warriors, Disgaea, and old-school Final Fantasy series (before 7). I'm also a huge fan of video game music, and some of my favorite VGM composers are Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura, Yasunori Mitsuda, and Kenji Ito. My favorite J-Pop artists are Minori Chihara, Elisa, Yui Horie, and Suara.

Will I blend in and become a regular here? It'll take some work, there are very few forums I can say I visit regularly, even after trying to join many. Perhaps I need some motivation. ;)

Kanashimi 08-06-2010 07:22 PM

Re: Introduction

Thanks for joining and hope you stick around~ I'm sure you'll fit in, our community is rather wacky, but that makes it fun. Make sure to read the rules and enjoy!

Leviathan Mist 08-06-2010 07:35 PM

Well yeah, a good, friendly community is always a plus, but that alone isn't enough to keep my attention for long periods (months+). I usually end up practically abandoning every community I join, and rarely even reach 100 posts anywhere. I think the key reason is that most boards like these are specialized to one area, for example, this one is mainly focused on anime-radio, which may expand to topics such as anime or japanese music. However, as a human, I have many interests, and just one interest usually won't keep my attention forever... my other interests are better suited for discussion at communities which specialize in those, because I'll have a greater audience there. Even if this forum has sub-forums for those interests, it would be irrational to, say, expect the people browsing the video games subforum to have the same detailed discussions as people at GameFAQs or other specialized gaming forums.

Anyway, I kind of went off on a tangent there, but thanks for the response!

Drago142222 08-06-2010 08:30 PM

Welcome to 918thefan I hope u enjoy it around here and u should visit the irc some times

Kibs 08-06-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan Mist (Post 17295)
Well yeah, a good, friendly community is always a plus, but that alone isn't enough to keep my attention for long periods (months+). I usually end up practically abandoning every community I join, and rarely even reach 100 posts anywhere. I think the key reason is that most boards like these are specialized to one area, for example, this one is mainly focused on anime-radio, which may expand to topics such as anime or japanese music. However, as a human, I have many interests, and just one interest usually won't keep my attention forever... my other interests are better suited for discussion at communities which specialize in those, because I'll have a greater audience there. Even if this forum has sub-forums for those interests, it would be irrational to, say, expect the people browsing the video games subforum to have the same detailed discussions as people at GameFAQs or other specialized gaming forums.

Anyway, I kind of went off on a tangent there, but thanks for the response!

#hand Hi, my name is Kibs, and I will probably be banning you later. You see, I don't like people who insult my community by implying it's too narrowly focused to keep the attention of someone who most likely has ADD, and abandons communities based soley on the fact that they're all not all inclusive, and fail to realize that no one community is going to serve every community need they have.

Enjoy your stay. While you can #naked

JK :awesome:

Amui 08-06-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibs (Post 17306)
#hand Hi, my name is Kibs, and I will probably be banning you later. You see, I don't like people who insult my community by implying it's too narrowly focused to keep the attention of someone who most likely has ADD, and abandons communities based soley on the fact that they're all not all inclusive, and fail to realize that no one community is going to serve every community need they have.

Not gonna lie, i laughed pretty hard :durhur:

But still, VVelcome...for now! :bang:

Llian 08-06-2010 09:12 PM

LOL! Zac!
I lol'd pretty hard too. See we have wacky people here just like Kana said. Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here.

Jubilee 08-06-2010 09:13 PM

Oh la la ...

Welcome #kiratroll

moonhawk81 08-06-2010 09:37 PM

Well met and welcome! (But if you come in ruffling feathers, don't be surprised to get plucked. . . ;-p)

Mollybibbles 08-06-2010 09:48 PM

Welcome welcome! Don't worry about Kibbles over there. He doesn't bite... most of the time.
If there ever was a forum to frequent it would be this one because you just never know what kind of hilarity could ensue at any given moment. On that note, I'm sure you'll fit right in!
Enjoy

TheNinja4759 08-06-2010 10:06 PM

Welcome to our humble home. Enjoy the stay, and spread the word that 91.8 The Fan blows the competition away when it comes to everything.. Everything you want, and nothing you don't.

Leviathan Mist 08-06-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibs (Post 17306)

JK :awesome:

Well at least you're honest about your feelings. :P

Eh, in all honesty, I meant no offense to this community, and I wasn't even referring to this board, I was referring to a hypothetical situation which tends to apply to any new board I join. This is the first time I've said anything about my tendency to leave communities on any board though, so maybe you guys can assist me, or something. :P

EagleEyes 08-06-2010 11:04 PM

*I fire a harpoon at the newcomer and tie them up*

No leaving #smize

ZshadowX 08-06-2010 11:24 PM

* cuts the ropes and set free to the newcomer *

you are Free at last! Free at last!
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...f?t=1281161883
Welcome

Kibs 08-06-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 17335)
*I fire a harpoon at the newcomer and tie them up*

No leaving #smize

bloody 'arpoon

fish and chips, cor, wanker.

'arpoon

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke 08-06-2010 11:40 PM

Nice to meet you ^^ names Doph~ say hi when ya stop by~

Zero Gravity 08-07-2010 03:26 AM

Welcome! DO NOT feed the EagleEyes or the Cerulaine! They WILL beg for more!

EagleEyes 08-07-2010 06:20 AM

Morrrrreeeeeeeeee Noms!

Leviathan Mist 08-07-2010 08:41 AM

I must say, I never expected such a turnout in a simple introduction thread. That's a good sign right there, it means you guys are active, which is rarely the case anywhere else. On that note, I figure it may have been a mistake to say anything about it, when it's really my problem to begin with. I look forward to future shenanigans with you guys. :P

Cerulaine 08-07-2010 09:29 AM

I'm a bit late when it comes to responding but I always am!
Welcome!
Hope you enjoy your stay!