91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Previous Gen (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pokemon Black and White version (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821)

Zero Gravity 04-08-2010 10:32 PM

Pokemon Black and White version

The official Pokemon website has announced the new 5th Gen games
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

The 5th Generation taking place in Isshu, far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Orre/etc. A New beginning, and you play it, on your Nintendo DS/Lite/i/XL

EDIT:

The Games are now released and thus any spoilers have been removed from the front page! GO FORTH AND EXPLORE THE WONDERS OF THE UNOVA REGION!

will continue to update with Black/White events as they happen

Kanashimi 04-08-2010 11:17 PM

Re: Pokemon Black and White version

I saw this before I went to bed, it was interesting to say the least... but I already had a hunch it was on the Nintendo 3DS as is. Now then, all that's gonna sicken me now is the racist jokes.

Zero Gravity 04-08-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 11973)
I saw this before I went to bed, it was interesting to say the least... but I already had a hunch it was on the Nintendo 3DS as is. Now then, all that's gonna sicken me now is the racist jokes.

Yeah it's gonna be obnoxious.... my decision is whatever Pokemon looks less stupid like I did with Dialga and Palkia

Mollybibbles 04-09-2010 12:44 PM

I'm not too surprised that there is yet another installment to what seems like a never ending pokemon journey in the seemingly endless world of pokemon. I swear, though, if they create a companion anime (which they probably will) Ash will have been perpetually 10 years old for well over a decade.. I look forward to seeing what those crazy creators came up with this time to wow the masses with

Camajak 04-09-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollybibbles (Post 11985)
I'm not too surprised that there is yet another installment to what seems like a never ending pokemon journey in the seemingly endless world of pokemon. I swear, though, if they create a companion anime (which they probably will) Ash will have been perpetually 10 years old for well over a decade.. I look forward to seeing what those crazy creators came up with this time to wow the masses with

Actually, regardless if they make an anime adaptation, Ash has aged. He's roughly 15 right now, if I remember correctly, because he ages, like, a year every 3 years of the anime. Makes sense, too, since he's taller now and everything...

Oni 04-09-2010 06:34 PM

Black and White eh? So we've finally moved onto shades...I'll bet you the third game in the 5th generation is Pokemon Grey. xD

But, yes, Ash has aged. There is more than just physical evidence too. At around the end of each few seaons (an arc, basically), they'll say something like "Man, that was one great year!" or "Ash honey, you haven't been home for a year, at least have a meal before you go!".

Elc1247 04-10-2010 01:05 AM

i can only shake my head to this. some game series need to know when to just pull the plug. the moment they make a full on Pokemon MMO... the world will come to an end...

Mollybibbles 04-10-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camajak (Post 11990)
Actually, regardless if they make an anime adaptation, Ash has aged. He's roughly 15 right now, if I remember correctly, because he ages, like, a year every 3 years of the anime. Makes sense, too, since he's taller now and everything...

That makes sense. They don't put too much emphasis on age unless a character is 10 or too young to train.

As far as the game goes, they can keep this franchise alive as long as they keep the masses buying. The little interactive poke-walker with Soul/ Heart games was a step in the right direction. Little gimmicks like that will keep the company alive for years to come

Zero Gravity 04-10-2010 11:56 AM

An Early release of CoroCoro scans have been revealed, thanks to Pokemonbeach for the update, I added the images Pokemon beach provided on the original post for easier viewing, or you can read the entire report by going to pokebeach.com

netforce 04-10-2010 03:05 PM

3d battling is gonna look sexy

Camajak 04-10-2010 07:35 PM

Oh my gosh! I love how the game looks so 3-D! Much more advanced than D/P/P/HG/SS! Very nice, very likable from these few scans. Very beautiful. Thank you so much. :)

Oni 04-10-2010 09:04 PM

Looks like they're pulling the futuristic spin this time.

Camajak 04-11-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 12026)
Looks like they're pulling the futuristic spin this time.

Which I am quite happy for, I really like this new look on Pokemon games. :)

Zero Gravity 04-17-2010 06:47 PM

Pokemon Sunday revealed very little game play, it just shows the main character walking around the city, the effects pretty snazzy, but bare in mind, the quality is "meh"

EagleEyes 04-17-2010 07:33 PM

I have decided, I am getting black version.

That is until the exclusives are revealed.

Llian 04-17-2010 07:43 PM

I'm automatically set to get the black version. I like the character designs. Could be pretty good; I just hope it's not as boring as Diamond and Pearl =/

Oni 04-17-2010 08:08 PM

I could care less which legendary is in which, I don't use them anyway.

digitalricket 04-18-2010 04:19 PM

What really catches my eye is that it was said that every aspect of the game was going to be innovatively reborn, or something like that. I hope they change up a bit of the gameplay, like some sort of additions that can make the battles a little bit more fun to watch and more fast paced. Other than that I wouldn't mind if the main games stays the same. I've been playing the games for over a decade and here I am enjoying Soul Silver as if I first started playing it.

Chris 04-18-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalricket (Post 12410)
What really catches my eye is that it was said that every aspect of the game was going to be innovatively reborn.

I'm sure that mostly has to do with it being released on the 3DS. They've most likely made a few changes here and there to make the three-dimensional play more attractive and easy to use. I can't see them doing too much in terms of the game play itself

Oni 04-18-2010 07:15 PM

Pokemon Black and White were announced to be released by the end of the year.

The 3DS is set to be released next April.

Unless the game has already-programmed-in 3DS features, it had nothing really "new" specifically for the 3DS.