91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Manga (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   [Spoilers] POKEMON ON... MOTORCYCLES?!?!?!?!?!? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1794)

Zero Gravity 01-17-2011 04:00 PM

POKEMON ON... MOTORCYCLES?!?!?!?!?!?

Now that I have your attention, YES there is a new pokemon manga coming out, but (as far as I'm aware), there are no motorcycles. Unless it's this JERK!
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi.../GenIBiker.png

The manga will be published in Shogakukan's Weekly Shōnen Sunday in japan this March. Some of the titles that ran in Shōnen Sunday include The World God Only Knows, Detective Conan (known as Case Closed in America), and InuYasha.

The manga is set to take place in the Isshu/Unova Region and chronicle Black and White (the game?). The manga is set to target OLDER audiences (again, since Black and White is targeted for an older audience, considering it's a re-boot of the franchise, and the characters are between 14 and 16 as opposed to 10 years old)
here are the only images released so far.

Shidohari 01-17-2011 04:03 PM

Re: POKEMON ON... MOTORCYCLES?!?!?!?!?!?

that's a scary thought.

Ryoji_Kun 01-17-2011 05:13 PM

Wow im liking how this is going ;P The Pokemon Manga was funny to read ;P

nerdwerld 01-20-2011 05:23 PM

This sounds awesome!

Gatx 02-01-2011 07:51 PM

Is it a new separate thing, or is it just the new Black and White entry to that one manga that has a separate continuity from the show that's been running all these years?

Pokemon targeted at older audiences sounds pretty cool though, I'll be sure to check it out. I like Pokemon, but I'd watch the show if Team Rocket didn't show up every episode (though I understand the simplistic formula is meant for kids).

quostin 02-05-2011 02:43 PM

Yeah, isn't it just a branch off of Pokemon Adventure like the other games were?

ClearMetalVoltar 02-22-2011 08:04 PM

about f-ing time! i was starting to think that ash had drank from the fountain of youth!

2 very big questions arise out of this:

will there be blood and pokemon actually killing each other and vice versa, like in the average teen/young adult mangas? (i hope so) and will the pokemans use weapons in battle(like guns ana knives/swords?

will it be set in the future or alongside the current anime with ash and the gang?

i hope that the anime version isnt too far behind.

and werent there squirtles on motercycles very early on in the show?

ps/ zero- please provide info, since ur the pokyman guru AND thread owner!#dragon
march is nxt week!

Gatx 02-26-2011 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quostin (Post 26548)
Yeah, isn't it just a branch off of Pokemon Adventure like the other games were?

A little bit ago I saw that actual continuation of Black and White part of Pokemon Adventures, so now its safe to say its not it. But I guess since the pictures up there didn't have the designs of the main characters from the game, it wouldn't have been Pokemon Adventures

So yeah, looking forward to a mature take on Pokemon. Not really blood or killing since that's not directly in the game (though there is the Pokemon graveyard, and that hilarious bit of lore in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum where a guy runs around with his sword killing and eating Pokemon). Just not having a comedic relief group of villains like Team Rocket attempt to steal their Pokemon with a giant robot every week is good enough for starters. Focus on the trainer life of adventuring and being stronger and what not would be cool enough.

Snapplemonkey 03-02-2011 09:01 PM

Uhm... haven't the Pokemon Mangas always been different than the tv show?!?

Gatx 01-22-2012 01:32 AM

So I just found out more info, though the manga has been released for a while. It's called RéBURST, and ohhhh man.

So anyone a fan of Digimon? Remember the 4th season? This is like that; the characters transform into Super Sentai-ish forms by fusing with Pokemon.