91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Previous Gen (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [Discussion] Favorite oldgen system; favorite game. (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127)

Rocco 01-10-2010 08:11 AM

Re: Favorite oldgen system; favorite game.

I think my favorite battle network was 2.

christmas4477 01-10-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocco (Post 4020)
I think my favorite battle network was 2.

2 was my first, and will always be my fave. 6 was pretty good though.

Oni 01-10-2010 05:05 PM

Battle Network 3 will always be my favourite in the series. The music was awesome, and the plot was great.

Rocco 01-10-2010 05:32 PM

3 was pretty good, I didn't like how they split into 2 versions.

Oni 01-10-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocco (Post 4196)
3 was pretty good, I didn't like how they split into 2 versions.

It was the exact same game.

XIamSogekingX 01-10-2010 07:14 PM

They probably looked at the Pokemon video game model and thought, "Yeah...if we can release the same game, with a few alterations and call them something different, we can make more money." I usually just bought one of the versions.

Oni 01-10-2010 10:59 PM

I actually bought MMBN4 Red Sun AND Blue Moon, for some reason. Allowed me to 100% Blue Moon.

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-11-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 4224)
I actually bought MMBN4 Red Sun AND Blue Moon, for some reason. Allowed me to 100% Blue Moon.

I love the Battle Network series, I played all of them! Well, all except the first, go figure. Unfortunately, I can't find my BN3: White, and I have 2 copies of BN4: Red Sun.

Oni 01-11-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 (Post 4285)
I love the Battle Network series, I played all of them! Well, all except the first, go figure. Unfortunately, I can't find my BN3: White, and I have 2 copies of BN4: Red Sun.

I have also played through and beat all three Star Force games. No, I am not going to pick up Operate Shooting Star. It's a disgrace to the Battle Network series, especially when you compare it to the much superior Battle Network 5: Double Team DS.

...Why am I not going to pick it up? Because I have played through to Number Man in the Japanese version, and Geo is very overpowered.

Kate 01-11-2010 04:09 AM

Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia. The first game was AWESOME! I was really addicted to this series from this game. The combat was good and the story was perfect. Best thing about it, I got to spam Angel Feathers.

PS2 - Final Fantasy X and Dark Cloud. Final Fantasy, mostly everyone knows. Dark Cloud is a rare RPG. I don't know many people who know of the series. My favorite was Xiao. She was just a personal favorite.

PS1 - Final Fantasy VII/VIIIand Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear is AWESOME! Enough said.

N64 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Best Zelda game I've played.

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate (Post 4326)
PS2 - Final Fantasy X and Dark Cloud. Final Fantasy, mostly everyone knows. Dark Cloud is a rare RPG. I don't know many people who know of the series. My favorite was Xiao. She was just a personal favorite.

I played Dark Cloud 1 and 2. They offered both at a local rental store. It is definetly a sleeper hit.

Kate 01-11-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX (Post 4363)
I played Dark Cloud 1 and 2. They offered both at a local rental store. It is definetly a sleeper hit.

Yeah. I just like the first one better. The second game was still good too.

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 10:46 AM

Ironically not the first console I ever played on (we had a sega saturn and playstation before we found it in the cupboard), but I really love the SNES XD
And playing original Super Mario World 2 player, is just epic :awesome:

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-11-2010 04:25 PM

To tell you the truth my fave console of all time will and always be the SNES and megaman 7 since it was my first game. Holy was i blown away. Then i would say the gb is the next one with SSBM, ps1 with dukem nukem, n64 with mario party, ps2 Shadow of the colussus, and finishing up with the psp and Disgaea: Afternoon of darkness

Rocco 01-11-2010 05:16 PM

Shadow of the colossus is an awesome game!

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 05:19 PM

I would love to see a remake or some kind of sequel to that game with updated graphics.

chefofdeath 01-12-2010 09:09 AM

i would have to say that two oldgen games caught my eye and that was total carnage and UN Squadren

victorious0702 01-14-2010 12:22 PM

Darkcloud was a pretty good game. I wish moar games were made in that style because i think Darkcloud coulda been even better.

My fav old gen is the playstation
Im a Final Fantasy fanboy so FF7 would be my favorite.

IPaidthePrice 01-14-2010 01:32 PM

I have to add another one, EarthBound the War of Gyigas for the SNES.

dbull620 01-14-2010 01:37 PM

PS2 - Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
Gamecube - Metroid Prime
Xbox - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
N64 - Super Smash Bros.
PS1 - Megaman X4 (FFVII a close second)
GBA - Metroid Fusion
GBC - Pokemon Crystal
NES - Super Mario Bros. 3

All those consoles/handhelds, yet somehow I've gone this long without an SNES.. shame on this gamer.