91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   R.I.P Leonard Nimoy (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4358)

Bobby Henshin 02-28-2015 10:56 AM

R.I.P Leonard Nimoy

Yesterday morning Leonard Nimoy, popularly know as Mr. Spock in the SiFi series Star Trek, passed away at 83 due to heart failure. As a writer, director and actor he was a big icon in both the serious cinematic and nerd community. His roles left an impact of humor, curiosity and entertainment. Nimoy suffered from his constant years of smoking and ran campaigns later in his life to help those who do smoke, quit, so they wouldn't suffer like he has.

As a in-training entertainer and fan myself, this is a sad loss. My late Uncle and Father showed me the original Star Trek as child and I remember growing up with the character which actually made me question what it is to be human at a young age. As Captain Kirk said in The Wrath Of Khan, "Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most human." To those of the U.S.S Enterprise who have past, rest in peace. And to those still alive and to everyone else in the world, as Mr. Spock would say, Live Long And Prosper.

Now I would like to know your favorite Mr. Spock scene or favorite role of Leonard Nimoy. Mine is the ending scene to The Wrath of Khan. It was a scene that literally had me at the edge of my seat and made me cry for a character for the first time.

Zero Gravity 03-01-2015 12:10 AM

Re: R.I.P Leonard Nimoy

It really sucks considering how much of an icon he was in the sci-fi community, and how he was able to go from trying to escape Star Trek (he wanted Spock's death in #2 because he wanted to stop) to embracing the community and loving every minute of it.

It sucks seeing him go.

Kanashimi 03-01-2015 03:13 AM

I'm more sad about Kingdom Hearts work than his work in Star Trek. RIP.

Zero Gravity 03-02-2015 09:21 PM

OMG, it just occurred to me that he won't be able to continue as Master Xehanort D:

Bobby Henshin 03-04-2015 04:31 PM

Question is who is going to replace him?

MakiMaki 03-05-2015 01:42 PM

His final tweet was pretty amazing:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

I didn't start watching Star Trek until my dad brought home Wrath of Khan on VHS (yes, yes, before you remind me...I'm old!) I still tear up whenever I watch the final scenes.

Also, there is no replacement! LOL

Zachary Quinto does a good job though in the parallel universe that Abrams created for the latest ST movies.

Zero Gravity 03-07-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakiMaki (Post 38624)
His final tweet was pretty amazing:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

I didn't start watching Star Trek until my dad brought home Wrath of Khan on VHS (yes, yes, before you remind me...I'm old!) I still tear up whenever I watch the final scenes.

Also, there is no replacement! LOL

Zachary Quinto does a good job though in the parallel universe that Abrams created for the latest ST movies.

That was great, my girlfriend had many feels when she read it :(