91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Previous Gen (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pokemon Black and White version (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821)

Zero Gravity 04-08-2010 10:32 PM

Pokemon Black and White version

The official Pokemon website has announced the new 5th Gen games
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

The 5th Generation taking place in Isshu, far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Orre/etc. A New beginning, and you play it, on your Nintendo DS/Lite/i/XL

EDIT:

The Games are now released and thus any spoilers have been removed from the front page! GO FORTH AND EXPLORE THE WONDERS OF THE UNOVA REGION!

will continue to update with Black/White events as they happen

Kanashimi 04-08-2010 11:17 PM

Re: Pokemon Black and White version

I saw this before I went to bed, it was interesting to say the least... but I already had a hunch it was on the Nintendo 3DS as is. Now then, all that's gonna sicken me now is the racist jokes.

Zero Gravity 04-08-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 11973)
I saw this before I went to bed, it was interesting to say the least... but I already had a hunch it was on the Nintendo 3DS as is. Now then, all that's gonna sicken me now is the racist jokes.

Yeah it's gonna be obnoxious.... my decision is whatever Pokemon looks less stupid like I did with Dialga and Palkia

Mollybibbles 04-09-2010 12:44 PM

I'm not too surprised that there is yet another installment to what seems like a never ending pokemon journey in the seemingly endless world of pokemon. I swear, though, if they create a companion anime (which they probably will) Ash will have been perpetually 10 years old for well over a decade.. I look forward to seeing what those crazy creators came up with this time to wow the masses with

Camajak 04-09-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollybibbles (Post 11985)
I'm not too surprised that there is yet another installment to what seems like a never ending pokemon journey in the seemingly endless world of pokemon. I swear, though, if they create a companion anime (which they probably will) Ash will have been perpetually 10 years old for well over a decade.. I look forward to seeing what those crazy creators came up with this time to wow the masses with

Actually, regardless if they make an anime adaptation, Ash has aged. He's roughly 15 right now, if I remember correctly, because he ages, like, a year every 3 years of the anime. Makes sense, too, since he's taller now and everything...

Oni 04-09-2010 06:34 PM

Black and White eh? So we've finally moved onto shades...I'll bet you the third game in the 5th generation is Pokemon Grey. xD

But, yes, Ash has aged. There is more than just physical evidence too. At around the end of each few seaons (an arc, basically), they'll say something like "Man, that was one great year!" or "Ash honey, you haven't been home for a year, at least have a meal before you go!".

Elc1247 04-10-2010 01:05 AM

i can only shake my head to this. some game series need to know when to just pull the plug. the moment they make a full on Pokemon MMO... the world will come to an end...

Mollybibbles 04-10-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camajak (Post 11990)
Actually, regardless if they make an anime adaptation, Ash has aged. He's roughly 15 right now, if I remember correctly, because he ages, like, a year every 3 years of the anime. Makes sense, too, since he's taller now and everything...

That makes sense. They don't put too much emphasis on age unless a character is 10 or too young to train.

As far as the game goes, they can keep this franchise alive as long as they keep the masses buying. The little interactive poke-walker with Soul/ Heart games was a step in the right direction. Little gimmicks like that will keep the company alive for years to come

Zero Gravity 04-10-2010 11:56 AM

An Early release of CoroCoro scans have been revealed, thanks to Pokemonbeach for the update, I added the images Pokemon beach provided on the original post for easier viewing, or you can read the entire report by going to pokebeach.com

netforce 04-10-2010 03:05 PM

3d battling is gonna look sexy

Camajak 04-10-2010 07:35 PM

Oh my gosh! I love how the game looks so 3-D! Much more advanced than D/P/P/HG/SS! Very nice, very likable from these few scans. Very beautiful. Thank you so much. :)

Oni 04-10-2010 09:04 PM

Looks like they're pulling the futuristic spin this time.

Camajak 04-11-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 12026)
Looks like they're pulling the futuristic spin this time.

Which I am quite happy for, I really like this new look on Pokemon games. :)

Zero Gravity 04-17-2010 06:47 PM

Pokemon Sunday revealed very little game play, it just shows the main character walking around the city, the effects pretty snazzy, but bare in mind, the quality is "meh"

EagleEyes 04-17-2010 07:33 PM

I have decided, I am getting black version.

That is until the exclusives are revealed.

Llian 04-17-2010 07:43 PM

I'm automatically set to get the black version. I like the character designs. Could be pretty good; I just hope it's not as boring as Diamond and Pearl =/

Oni 04-17-2010 08:08 PM

I could care less which legendary is in which, I don't use them anyway.

digitalricket 04-18-2010 04:19 PM

What really catches my eye is that it was said that every aspect of the game was going to be innovatively reborn, or something like that. I hope they change up a bit of the gameplay, like some sort of additions that can make the battles a little bit more fun to watch and more fast paced. Other than that I wouldn't mind if the main games stays the same. I've been playing the games for over a decade and here I am enjoying Soul Silver as if I first started playing it.

Chris 04-18-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalricket (Post 12410)
What really catches my eye is that it was said that every aspect of the game was going to be innovatively reborn.

I'm sure that mostly has to do with it being released on the 3DS. They've most likely made a few changes here and there to make the three-dimensional play more attractive and easy to use. I can't see them doing too much in terms of the game play itself

Oni 04-18-2010 07:15 PM

Pokemon Black and White were announced to be released by the end of the year.

The 3DS is set to be released next April.

Unless the game has already-programmed-in 3DS features, it had nothing really "new" specifically for the 3DS.

Camajak 04-18-2010 08:15 PM

Why am I the only person I know who's going to get white??
Contrary to how I dress, I actually prefer white <3 Anyone going for White regardless? Not Black? :<

digitalricket 04-18-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camajak (Post 12420)
Why am I the only person I know who's going to get white??
Contrary to how I dress, I actually prefer white <3 Anyone going for White regardless? Not Black? :<

I'm guessing it'll be just like how Silver sells more than Gold.

Llian 04-18-2010 09:50 PM

I wanted silver as well. I think people had the conception that (Oh well everyone loves gold so I won't get that one).

Zero Gravity 04-19-2010 01:06 AM

By the rules of nerds and wanna-be cool kids, black is more popular then white.

For me, I'm undecided, it depends on which cover art Pokemon less stupid

Kanashimi 04-19-2010 01:50 AM

Zero Gravity 04-19-2010 02:11 AM

Kana makes everything better! :3

Llian 04-19-2010 07:45 AM

FFF, wait, you mean I'll actually be able to tell apart different buildings now?:lol:

ZshadowX 04-19-2010 03:49 PM

I'm automatically set to get the white version, and my brother will be getting black version so...yay!

MaxDagger 04-24-2010 04:01 PM

I am getting both. Mwuahaha! :3 if not I'll get white. :D -eats a pokeball shaped cupcake- nom nom. Mine! hahah!

DoctorForHire 04-28-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 11991)
But, yes, Ash has aged. There is more than just physical evidence too. At around the end of each few seaons (an arc, basically), they'll say something like "Man, that was one great year!" or "Ash honey, you haven't been home for a year, at least have a meal before you go!".

That reminds me of a picture

Black and White is piquing my interest, I'm curious on how they will try to one up Arceus. In a related matter (and quite vain at that) I am the first Pokemon Black and White cosplayer in the western hemisphere. Closet cosplay still counts. http://doctorforhire.deviantart.com/...Male-160237895

Zero Gravity 04-28-2010 05:59 PM

I hope the main character looks like that, it'd be nice so see someone cool/average and not ridiculous like RSE or DP

Oni 04-28-2010 07:52 PM

Oh, I saw that picture a while ago. It was a great way of looking at the characters if we looked at the characters as if they were aging with us, not in the series own time frame.

Jubilee 04-28-2010 08:18 PM

I always go with the first version that piques my minds intrest :biggrin:
Red
Gold
Ruby
Pearl
HeartGold
Gonna be White :smile:
Can't Wait!!!

Zero Gravity 05-06-2010 01:17 PM

May 16th (the 15th for us) Pokemon Sunday will reveal the 3 new starter Pokemon for Pokemon Black and White versions as well as some added features to the upcoming 5th Gen games, as well as some new material regarding the Upcoming movie "Ruler of Illusion: Zoroark!".
This weekend they will be revealing a new Pokemon for the 5th Generation as well. But theres speculation that it either be another silhouette of the starter Pokemon or a new form of an already existing Pokemon (Which is believed to be Celebi).

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Camajak 05-06-2010 02:31 PM

Omg, thanks Zero! That really makes me happy! By the way, that's the weekend of my birthday. ;) Lol. Any other news besides these starter pokemon and such?

Zero Gravity 05-06-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camajak (Post 13205)
Omg, thanks Zero! That really makes me happy! By the way, that's the weekend of my birthday. ;) Lol. Any other news besides these starter pokemon and such?

No unless your looking forward to the Zoroark Movie, thats really it
Just the 3 Starters, Possibly a new Pokemon and some new game footage, I'm gitty about that weekend too

Pokemon Sunday has revealed the silhouette of the 3 new starters Pokemon. They will reveal their names and images on next week's show.
I've posted the silhouette on the front page, which will be replaced with their images once they have been revealed (Most likely CoroCoro leeks will reveal their true pictures first as it happens 9 out of ten times, CoroCoro leeks it first)

The new starter Pokemon have been revealed! Information has been added to the first post!

EagleEyes 05-12-2010 04:43 AM

New starters are ugly is hell. But I shall stick to my water type as normal.

Edit: On further consideration, I do like the water Panda.

Oni 05-12-2010 05:19 AM

Can I have the fake starters now? I much prefer them.

Tyto 05-12-2010 09:01 AM

This might prove to be first time I ever use the Grass starter... Unless the final evolutions can change my mind that is.

Jubilee 05-12-2010 01:23 PM

Ew ew ew ew ew ew eww! These are by FAR the worst looking starters of all time! >.< ... I mean what is that water thing?! :mad: ... The grass one is decent at best...I always do grass first but...ugh!