91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Slice of Life anime suggestions! (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3128)

MakiMaki 03-30-2013 01:07 PM

Slice of Life anime suggestions!

So I've been blazing through a ton of anime in the last few months.

Slice of life has become one of my favorite genre, so I wanted to suggest some good ones and also get suggestions on what to watch next!!

These are the ones that I've seen and recommend (some of them probably can be categorized outside of slice of life) some of them have great music soundtracks as well (WIN WIN!) (~_~)

Anohana - prepare for waterworks. Great story about friendship, with metaphysical twists!

Tari Tari - imagine a choir version of K-ON! but with more dramatic storylines.

Hanasaku Iroha - one of the best slice of life anime I've seen in a long time. Compelling characters with a great messages throughout the series. The music by nano.RIPE is perfect for this series. Really enjoyed this one.

Pet Girl of Sakurasou (Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo)

Working!! (Wagnaria)

So you get the idea of what I enjoy...so suggest away!! (~_~)

Zero Gravity 03-30-2013 01:13 PM

Re: Slice of Life anime suggestions!

I was a big fan of Kimi no Todoke. Crunchy has it available. It feels like a Shoujoai anime, but really, I go into it like something fierce.

Kanashimi 03-30-2013 01:19 PM

ef ~ A Tale Of Memories is my default suggestion.

MakiMaki 03-30-2013 07:45 PM

@Zero Kimi no Todoke - Oh thanks for mentioning that one! It's in my CR queue (finished S1, but got sidetracked from it) (~_~)

@Kana the ef: series is on my bluray/dvd list to buy (finally finished them awhile back on CR). Loved it. I enjoyed Melodies more, only because I found Yuko's character compelling. Her backstory was so sad and tragic! Elisa's singing of the main themes made both of those series complete. :)

Zero Gravity 04-01-2013 08:18 AM

I haven't seen S2 since I was greatly dissatisfied with the conclusion of season 1, but let me know if it's worth continuing

Bloodynine 04-02-2013 04:44 AM

honey and clover is one to watch if you haven't

Bobby Henshin 04-02-2013 08:10 PM

GJ-bu is good

Cheflelouch 04-03-2013 01:21 AM

have you seen "third the girl with the blue eye" is among my favorites to re watch over and over again

Snapplemonkey 04-03-2013 02:04 AM

Well I don't really consider Sakurasou to be of the "Slice of life" category since their situation is kind of unique. But if you go by those standard then I guess Tamako Market would be an appropriate recommendation .

moonhawk81 04-05-2013 12:58 AM

1) Usagi Drop
2) Lucky Star
3) Listen to Me Girls, I am Your Father! (This one might be iffy for slice-of-life, but enough elements ring true.)
4) My Ordinary Life (if you're really willing to push the whole slice-of-life idea--but well worth it!)