91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Manga (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Recomendations of mangas (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535)

AyumuKagami 01-25-2010 11:24 AM

Recomendations of mangas

I usually don't hear as much as i would like to about really good series of mangas that are really good but people just don't spend the time to read them.
Here are two of my favorites and why i recommend them.

Negima! is an amazing series written by Ken Akamatsu, there is the funny romance involved throughout the entirety of the series but it also as the story progresses and characters become stronger, a lot better action parts that just blew me away. Also it is kinda like a pre harem because he is surounded by beautiful women.

Kimi no Iru Machi is a romantic comedy written by Kouji Seo, the author of Suzuka. This is based on a girl who comes to live with Haruto in the rural areas when she is from Tokyo. The books are filled with amazingly funny parts and even touching parts. I can't stop reading it.

Please give one or two recommendations to mangas u really liked.

victorious0702 01-25-2010 12:33 PM

Re: Recomendations of mangas

Im reading both of those as well right now, I like Kimi no Iru Machi a lot,

I think you would also like the following 2.

Ane Doki - story about a girl who rans away from home and decides to live in the house of the main character. It is only 26 chapters which i think is short but it is really good.

Bakuman - story about how 2 high school students become mangaka. It is really good as well and has a good romance story in it as well.

Zero Gravity 01-25-2010 03:35 PM

try these out.

Witch Hunter - It's roughly the same as D.Gray-Man except there are witches instead of Akuma, and the Exorcists are Witch Hunters

Highschool of the Dead - Simple plot, 4 students (a guy and girl who love each other, a genius with an ego, a gun otaku), a ditsy nurse, a mall security woman, an newly orphaned girl, and a puppy must survive the Zombie Apocalypse. NOT for under 18 audiences, if your over 18, it's a good reading, contains Violence, Swearing, Ecchi, Suspense, and Comedy

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-27-2010 12:50 PM

For martial art fans every where i would recommend History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Its pretty funny but it actually makes sense when it comes to explaining the way martial arts work

No bra - its a bit twisted and is more for a mature audience, but if u have the time it should be read. It has a lot of humour and the characters get in pretty messed situations.

Oni 01-28-2010 01:30 AM

Gunsmith Cats: Chicago, guns, bombs, bounty hunting and two lovely lasses. The content is pretty heavy, but if you're alright with murder, drug deals, car chases, prostitution, underage sex and the sort, you'll be fine with this series.

Llian 02-22-2010 10:17 PM

I'm looking for a funny manga to read, like, something that will really make me spill my guts. Anyone have any recommendations they'd like to share? Kinda want to read something funny for my feature.

Zero Gravity 02-22-2010 10:34 PM

I reccomend Cromartie High if you want me to to recommend a humorous manga, if you want uber serious stuff, High School of the Dead

Shin_No_Kokoro 02-23-2010 09:38 AM

I would recommend readin Hyakko for comedy/slice of life kinda thing .

Mollybibbles 02-23-2010 05:55 PM

I read this one shot a loooooooong time ago, but I still really enjoy reading it for kicks:
Camalot Garden

Its hard to explain, but it vaguely makes me think of Godchild

Llian 02-24-2010 04:25 PM

Ohh I see. Thanks guys =]
Oh, and remember, the mentioning of non-legal distribution sites are prohibited~

Oni 02-25-2010 12:06 AM

Yes, Borders and Kinokuniya Books are your friend.

Stone 02-25-2010 07:24 AM

For funny manga, I can recommend Yotsuba pretty good, read it quite a time ago, but still, I laughed so hard.

My other recommendation for some more serious stuff is Hayate no Gotoku, it´s pretty well rounded and might just fir in along your other recommended.

Drago142222 02-27-2010 07:39 PM

KEKKAISHI

Aravyre 03-02-2010 04:12 PM

Battle Angel Alita
Battle Angel Alita: Last Order

alternative name: Gunnm

oh, and James Cameron is making his next movie based off this manga :D

TehScribbles 03-19-2010 02:53 PM

Mirai Nikki (aka Future Diary) - Creepy, fast paced and talk about blood and murder. It's like Death Note but taken to the next level of...strangeness in a way.

Fairy Tail- The creator of Rave Master strikes back with this one. Never one to disappoints. Besides it has a talking cat in it :D

ZshadowX 10-28-2010 10:06 PM

One Piece
Highschool of the Dead
Berserk
and
Air gear

and you are set for life

Tyto 11-03-2010 10:03 PM

Eyeshield 21 is an absolute must read for shounen fans, sports manga fans, and you girls who love to ship everyone with everyone. It's a fantastically written little series with a great rookie artist, Yusuke Murata. Don't ever watch the anime though, it was terribly done: the animation and art quality were just awful and the character designs and art style were even tweaked and outright compromised. Chapters 80-280 produced some of what are easily my favorite moments in any shounen manga.

Manhole is a great little horror/suspense/thriller gem that went unnoticed. Just 3 volumes long. Got translated and published in French. If you like zombies it's worth a look. The whole thing is full of some really fun twists and turns and the artist has an oddly cinematic sense of style.

Speaking of horror manga Fetish, Fuan no Tane, aka Seeds of Anxiety, and Junji Ito's Uzumaki are all must reads for horror fans.
-Junji Ito is something of an icon in the world of horror manga, with Uzumaki as his flagship. His grasp of the bizarre just sort of drags you into his twisted little worlds. He also did an adaptation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein; or the Modern Prometheus.
-Seeds of Anxiety is a great series of unrelated short stories, literally only about 2 to 5 pages long a piece, collected in about 3 volumes. The title is derived from the sense of uneasiness the stories are supposed to leave you with. They're not so much "stories" as they are just events. It gives you just entire time to meet the supernatural happening before it leaves you hanging, not knowing what the ghoul may want or how to get rid of it. It's a really fun read with a lot of variety in it.
-And then there's Fetish, which, understandably, can be a little hard to approach at first, given the title, but it really is a fun collection of short stories. The stories all have a certain kind of focus on human relationships, interrupted or aided by the supernatural. They leave you with that kind of skin crawling feeling you get when you feel someone's watching you from a place you can't see. All good fun.

I of course did my entire Shedding Some Light On Naoki Urasawa article, but I'll of course bring up that PLUTO, 20th Century Boys, and Billy Bat are worth every moment spent reading, especially as they are all titles of Urasawa's that have not been animated.

microgamer2vs2 11-04-2010 11:58 PM

Yostuba&! is a must for comedy

along those lines, Azumanga Daioh and Cromartie High are RECOMMENDABLE as well.

sasukeuzi 11-06-2010 05:06 PM

for supernatural brutal gorish beatdowns i reccommend the 20+ years ongoing series Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
and for sports Eyeshield 21. ive read the whole series about 6 times. im reading it again as we speak

ZshadowX 11-15-2010 01:37 PM

if we're talking about old school manga then

Fist of the North Star! Yo!

Manly man Powers Activate!
~ whoosh