91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anime that you wouldn't recommend (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2058)

Kyonikov 04-28-2011 11:54 PM

Re: Anime that you wouldn't recommend

Akikan!
Dancouga Nova
Dokuro-Chan
Freezing
Green Green
Hatenko Yugi
Heroic Age
Higurashi
Kanokon
Kiddy Grade
Monochrome Factor
School Days
Potemayo
Rental Magica
Tower of Druaga
Trinity Blood
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
Zatch Bell

There are more but I try to erase their names from my memory.

reapycheap 05-08-2011 09:13 AM

melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

TsunamiSaber105 05-08-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonhawk81 (Post 28656)
Bleach. Really, what's the point of even watching once a program has become that predictable?

#shockzune NANI?! How can you say that about Bleach? Sure episode 200 was distrubing, but come on! Hate on another anime like Elfen Lied. Just the start of Elfen Lied is enough to make you faint or maybe scream your head off. Other than Elfen Lied, I wouldn't recommend Final Fantasy Unleashed. Sure the finishing summons maybe from the Final Fantasy games but the main characters are focused on two things: looking for missing family members or defeating someone stronger.

chefofdeath 05-13-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsunamiSaber105 (Post 29276)
#shockzune NANI?! How can you say that about Bleach? Sure episode 200 was distrubing, but come on! Hate on another anime like Elfen Lied. Just the start of Elfen Lied is enough to make you faint or maybe scream your head off. Other than Elfen Lied, I wouldn't recommend Final Fantasy Unleashed. Sure the finishing summons maybe from the Final Fantasy games but the main characters are focused on two things: looking for missing family members or defeating someone stronger.

heh at least its not as much as case closed its a interesting anime but man if i actually wanted to watch an anime that would take a few months to get caught up i am not interested

Zero Gravity 05-16-2011 09:51 AM

Another one I can't recommended, Shuffle!

Force-A-Nature 05-19-2011 09:44 AM

I love this show. I recommend it everytime. I know I shouldn't, but I love it too damn much:
Kaiji.

I know everyone is like "but teh art sux and teh plot is dum were r teh swords and ♫♫♫♫" and I always end up getting butthurt and calling them a pleb, but goddamnit if it isn't an awesome show if you give a chance. So maybe it's more or less something deserving reccomendation to very few. Not everyone. Like Neon Genesis sorta.

SoulArbiter 05-21-2011 03:36 AM

Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

If you tell me to "flip the chessboard" one more time, I WILL FLIP!

toyNN 05-22-2011 10:56 AM

Dang half these lists have some of my favs but we've all got our own tastes...

@Kyonikov- Heroic Age is a fav anime. #jinsad
@Leviathan - I actually liked Endless 8 part of Haruhi after all the negative hype.
@Zaig - blood+ another of my favs....
And don't even get me started on Evangelion...

So a few that I didn't care for,

School Days
Hyakko
HSOTD
Deadmans Wonderland
Legend of Legendary Heroes
PS&G
Parasite Dolls

Zaane 05-30-2011 10:53 AM

mmmm

Sekirei
and pretty much any anime where the girls just HAVE to strip for each and every fight
Inukami - Elephant.....all im gonna say
Lucky Star - Too Loli for my tastes
Paranoia Agent - this one i wouldnt say i dont recommend it but its just......confusing...
Gravitation - i just really didnt think it was very good at all and the main reason is cause its yaoi and i watched it back when i didnt know what yaoi was.....regret....
Utawaremono - did not like this at all AT ALL

Zero Gravity 05-31-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyNN (Post 29696)
So a few that I didn't care for,

School Days
HSOTD
Deadmans Wonderland

BLASPHEMY! #dragon

chefofdeath 06-01-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 29905)
BLASPHEMY! #dragon

i second that Zawa!

Mollybibbles 06-01-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaane (Post 29880)
mmmm

Paranoia Agent - this one i wouldnt say i dont recommend it but its just......confusing...

Quit the Paranoia Agent hating, guys! You just don't understand Satoshi Kon's sense of story telling. It is possibly one of my all time favorites.

As for something I wouldn't make you watch.... Shiki.... It was like the show Six Feet Under. I was just waiting for the body of the week. Also, it took them how many episodes to come to the vampire conclusion?! I get the dramatic irony, but COME ON! It's all there in black and white! Get a clue, monk and doctor guys D:

Leviathan Mist 06-02-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reapycheap (Post 29266)

Son, I am disappoint.

moonhawk81 06-02-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reapycheap (Post 29266)

Not love Haruhi? But, how can anyone not love Haruhi? (I mean, how else would you meet Yuki?)

toyNN 06-03-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyNN; So a few that I didn't care for,
School Days
HSOTD
Deadmans Wonderland
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 29905)
BLASPHEMY! #dragon

#excuseme and I was thinking about putting Helsing on the list too but its way better than HSOTD and Deadmehs Wonderland.

and after watching enduring 24 episodes of AirGear, its on the no recommend list. I must really be in the minority on that one.

-toyNN

Kate 06-04-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyNN (Post 29961)
and after watching enduring 24 episodes of AirGear, its on the no recommend list. I must really be in the minority on that one.

Quote:

AirGear
Quote:

AirGear
Burn the non-believer!

SoulArbiter 06-04-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyNN (Post 29961)

I can understand why you'd put it on the list, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Aulann 09-08-2011 11:51 AM

Here a few anime that i wouldn't recommend and why
1. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo unless you into very-very-very cheep humor stay away
2.inuyasha- Im not saying don't watch it but try finding someone who know the show and can tell you which episode you can watch because its a worst filler then Naruto and bleach put together
3.Dragon ball GT- In my O this killed Dragon-ball only watch Dragon-ball and Dragon-ball Z up to the Buu Saga unless you really like it because that when it starts getting old
I could go on with a few adult rated Anime that I know of but ill stop here with (Don't watch any in DUB) it kills the mood lol