91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [PSV] Persona 4: Golden (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2932)

Musamichi 01-02-2013 10:05 AM

Persona 4: Golden

Persona 4 Golden is the remake of the PS2 Atlus rpg, Persona 4. Hitting the video, they were able to put all of the gameplay that made persona 4 and more!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/184b...jpg/medium.jpg

Synopsis:
Persona 4 takes place in the fictional, rural Japanese town of Inaba, which lies among floodplains and has its own high school and shopping districts. Unexplained murders have taken place in the small town, where bodies are found dangling from television antennas and their cause of death unknown. At the same time, rumor has begun to spread that watching a switched-off television set on rainy midnights will reveal a person's soulmate.

The game also follows the main characters into the TV World, a fog-shrouded realm filled with monsters called Shadows, which can only be accessed through TV sets.
The protagonist is a high school student who has recently moved from a large city to Inaba, where he is to live and attend school for a year. At school, he quickly becomes friends with Yosuke Hanamura, the somewhat-clumsy son of the manager of the local Junes megastore; Chie Satonaka, an energetic girl with a strong interest in martial arts; and Yukiko Amagi, a calm and refined girl who helps out at her family's inn.

A few days into the game, the protagonist, Yosuke, and Chie follow the "Midnight Channel" rumor, which leads them to discover the TV World and meet Teddie, a friendly creature that appears as a hollow bear costume. Using Personas, the students form an Investigation Team to investigate the connection between the TV world and the murders, and possibly capture the culprit.

Features:
Persona 4 Golden adds more to the game than it's predecessor. Some of these things being, new characters, new bosses, new events, new moves, new cutscenes and redone voice acting. There is a lot to do in this game, from battling Shadows in the TV World, to gardening and watching movies with your friends. Whats more, everything affects you and your party.

It also has online connectivity features, such as "Voice" which tells you what other people are doing right now, to get an idea of what to do yourself and the ability to call for help in battle to heal your entire party when you're in danger.

Along with that, they have features that allows you to listen the tracks on the game and see concerts being performed from years passed. If you're a fan of persona, this will be a real treat for you.

Reviews:
http://www.gamespot.com/persona-4-go...eview-6400482/

christmas4477 01-03-2013 11:20 AM

Re: Persona 4: Golden

I actually bought this game but I have no Vita on which to play it. I'd like to get one, but a new computer comes first.

Cheflelouch 01-03-2013 12:59 PM

I got it, I finish it, I love it...

Musamichi 01-03-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheflelouch (Post 35336)
I got it, I finish it, I love it...

Yes, loved it so much! It's must have for the vita, in my opinion.

Christmas: I hope that new computer rocks, man! I think when you get a vita, it'll be cheaper too. Even I bought mine off of a friend

Cheflelouch 01-03-2013 10:59 PM

Yea the new chances that they made are much better for the game and is a good thing that they do something like this but I wish that they could move a little bit faster with the game of P5

Musamichi 01-04-2013 08:54 AM

I know they are working on P5 right now, I just hope it comes out this year or so, at least.

A theory I do have, putting my fan-hopes aside, If Atlus is going to perform like I think they are, they will release P5 toward the end of the Ps3's(or 360's) life cycle. Look at P4, it came out in 2008. ps3 was out at least two-three years before that. Just a theory tho =3

Cheflelouch 01-04-2013 12:09 PM

well lets just wait till E3 and see if they announce anything there just like they did in 2012 for P4 Golden in America

Musamichi 01-04-2013 12:27 PM

Indeed. To the Time Machine!!

MakiMaki 01-11-2013 08:44 PM

I'm definitely picking this up for my Vita. Not sure if I'll get the d/l or hard copy though. Everything I've heard about this game has been nothing but positive. I haven't played any of the previous Persona games, so I'm hoping I don't "miss" anything. Who knows, if I like Golden a lot, I may go get the other ones too! XD

Cheflelouch 01-12-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakiMaki (Post 35371)
I'm definitely picking this up for my Vita. Not sure if I'll get the d/l or hard copy though. Everything I've heard about this game has been nothing but positive. I haven't played any of the previous Persona games, so I'm hoping I don't "miss" anything. Who knows, if I like Golden a lot, I may go get the other ones too! XD

get the Hard copy cause the digital version is to heavy for a memory card using more than 3 Gigabytes and lets be honest this is one of the few games for which you wanna have a hard copy to have a good memory

christmas4477 03-30-2013 12:26 PM

Beat the 1st playthrough a while, now to go back and do all the trophies. I missed Hardcore Risette Fan my first time through, so hopeful I get it without too much effort when I'm fighting Margaret or something

Kanashimi 03-30-2013 12:32 PM

I still need to get this, but there's been way too many games out. I think I'm gonna wait till it's pretty cheap since I haven't picked up Persona Arena.

Cheflelouch 03-30-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 35784)
I still need to get this, but there's been way too many games out. I think I'm gonna wait till it's pretty cheap since I haven't picked up Persona Arena.

I don't think the price is going to drop soon since is one of the top seller games, and persona 4 arena I won't recommend it new unless you want the soundtrack because the game is good and all but you get bored of it rather quick

Kanashimi 03-31-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheflelouch (Post 35817)
I don't think the price is going to drop soon since is one of the top seller games, and persona 4 arena I won't recommend it new unless you want the soundtrack because the game is good and all but you get bored of it rather quick

I buy almost all my games new. It's very rare I'll get it used. Also, pretty confident that Persona 4 will drop in price in the next few years.