91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Movies (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Captain America: the First Avenger (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2186)

Gatx 08-08-2011 12:47 AM

Captain America: the First Avenger

Has anyone seen this yet? It's been out for a while but I finally just saw it this weekend and I absolutely LOVED it. I'd have to say it's the best out of all the films in the Marvel Film Continuity (also known as Earth-1999 in the "official multiverse") though that's just me. It's so refreshing to see a genuine heroic persona that doesn't need a tragically tortured back story to do the right thing, though that might be coming later on. The ending was also just beautifully done and just a bit heart wrenching. So yeah, anyone else seen it?

Also, totally psyched for the Avengers now, though I still haven't seen Hulk yet . . .

Zero Gravity 08-08-2011 03:57 AM

Re: Captain America: the First Avenger

The movie itself was awesome, although it was as exciting for me as the other Marvel movies. Maybe its because Captain America has never "wowed" me. I love what they did with the Red Skull, I was worried about that.

Totally psyched for the Avengers

SoulArbiter 08-12-2011 02:29 AM

It was a lot better than what I was expecting. I loved the trailer bit at the end of the setting up of the Avengers! Very much looking forward to that movie, but the Capt. America movie was pretty good.

chefofdeath 08-12-2011 11:36 AM

the movie was great my friends had mixed feelings after they watched it but after i saw it i just thought they were haten

SoulArbiter 08-13-2011 05:26 PM

I take it they're massive fans of the comics? A mate of mine is like that too. #think

chefofdeath 08-14-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulArbiter (Post 30792)
I take it they're massive fans of the comics? A mate of mine is like that too. #think

yeah they are so i am but come on u know how directors try to add their own stuff to wats already great to begin with and then if they dont do that there will be people crying that there wasnt anything new

SoulArbiter 08-16-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefofdeath (Post 30807)
yeah they are so i am but come on u know how directors try to add their own stuff to wats already great to begin with and then if they dont do that there will be people crying that there wasnt anything new

It's so very hard to please fans while introducing a new audience to a franchise... #seiba

chefofdeath 08-19-2011 10:56 AM

pretty much what did u think of hawk eyes appearance in thor

SoulArbiter 08-20-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefofdeath (Post 30903)
pretty much what did u think of hawk eyes appearance in thor

I got a surprise. That's for sure. I am, however, totally stoked that he's making an appearance in the Avengers movie!