91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [NDS] DS Errors and Glitches Thread (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64)

Sandgolem 11-15-2009 02:25 PM

DS Errors and Glitches Thread

So my DS doesn't always read my GBA slot now...anyone else getting this error?

Elk 11-15-2009 06:17 PM

Re: DS Errors and Glitches Thread

My flash cart's battery died, but besides that my GBA slot works perfectly, and I've dropped my DS a few times. Nintendium man, your's must be a knockoff made from some weaker substance.

Elc1247 11-16-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandgolem (Post 172)
So my DS doesn't always read my GBA slot now...anyone else getting this error?

im guessing you got the original DS? my ds lite has no problems.

Elk 11-16-2009 07:12 PM

I wanna get that new DSi XL that is coming out. Looks awesome. Although all I know about it is it is larger. I dunno if the resolution is better, or if the cameras are better, or if they re-added the GBA slot. I just like the size. Handhelds have been getting made for tiny hands recently, and I like the change.

Sandgolem 11-17-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elc1247 (Post 308)
im guessing you got the original DS? my ds lite has no problems.

Nah I have a black DS lite

animecrazy004 12-10-2009 01:35 PM

Man, My first DS was the original and its screen scratched so easily! I'v had 3 DS's. It's rediculous. Had the original the DS lite(friend broke it) and now I have a DSi. only downside is it doesn't play GBA games.

Miruki Mimiko 12-11-2009 12:31 PM

-_- I can't wait till I can post on this forum... hopefully some time in February (tax returns), I'll be able to get my own DS and see what happens :P

Mistress Victoria 12-11-2009 12:59 PM

If you like GBA games, Mimiko, get the Lite, not the DSi. =P

So far I've had no problems with my DS Lite at all.

Kanashimi 12-11-2009 02:54 PM

The DSLite is the better model, I mean the DSi was sort of a waste of time on Nintendo's part. Most six year old don't need a camera or Wi-Fi, and very few games are really utilizing these sorts of things. Also, the DSLite isn't as costly in many ways.

Elk 12-11-2009 06:03 PM

Well once certain people get certain things done the DSi will be the hands down choice. However, I'd wait for the DSiXL It's a shame being unable to play GBA games, but I think DS Ware is a big boost, and while the Camera sucks, it's a nifty gimmick. If only it was a decent camera it'd be totally worth it. Also, GBA micros are terrible cheap right now, aren't they?

Llian 12-13-2009 10:03 AM

Did you try blowing out the slot? I know mine did that quick a few times and after blew out the gba slot and the game it worked.

Sandgolem 12-13-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llian (Post 1779)
Did you try blowing out the slot? I know mine did that quick a few times and after blew out the gba slot and the game it worked.

yeah I actually cleaned the contacts off and reset them so they would have tighter fit. Seems to have fixed the problem.