91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where do you purchase your Anime? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285)

Zero Gravity 01-11-2010 10:04 AM

Re: Where do you purchase your Anime?

Whoever is cheaper, in theory the most I got was from Rightstuf.com
I love it when they do they're 25 DVDs for $100 (I may be wrong about the number 25, maybe 50?)
Or I usually go to Ebay or this store in the mall that has used DVDs for pretty cheap

FFHellDragon 01-11-2010 10:06 AM

Amazon

Kate 01-11-2010 10:31 AM

There's a place here called FYE. It sells a lot of anime dvds if you just find the right store. I've gotten about 80% of my dvds from there.

Kercon 01-11-2010 11:36 AM

Empik ( a shop in poland with books, games, press and every thing else )
Allegro ( polish version of ebay ^_^ )
ebay
There was another store Kolporter but it go bankrupt thx to investing in stock T_T

ImagineBreaker 01-12-2010 03:25 AM

In australia theres only a few options, and then still when you find a shop, they only have half of the dub that america has.

i go to JB HI FI, or just madman AU, or for desperate need, Ebay.

EagleEyes 01-12-2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImagineBreaker (Post 4976)
In australia theres only a few options, and then still when you find a shop, they only have half of the dub that america has.

i go to JB HI FI, or just madman AU, or for desperate need, Ebay.

As stated before JB HiFi FTW :awesome:

ImagineBreaker 01-12-2010 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 4989)
As stated before JB HiFi FTW :awesome:

Apart from they dont order enough stock. if someone gets the only copy of somthing, wont see if for a month.

Zero Gravity 01-12-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate (Post 4404)
There's a place here called FYE. It sells a lot of anime dvds if you just find the right store. I've gotten about 80% of my dvds from there.

Theres a FYE store in the mall area here where I live (CT), it's rather expensive x_x
I don't normally see any deals on DVDs or Anime in specifically

FFHellDragon 01-12-2010 10:26 AM

I get some of my anime from a store called HMV, though its usually pricey =/
But you sometimes find a good deal.

Oni 01-13-2010 03:50 AM

FYE? HMV?

ace8489 01-13-2010 04:56 AM

FYE is For Your Entertainment. Its a store that sells anything from music to movies and some items related to that like pocky,T-shirts,and stuff like that.

CantStrafeRight 01-13-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 5325)
HMV?

Short for His Master's Voice
Its your basic music , games and DVDs store.

I just tend to get my animie wherever its cheapest.

TheGreatMoof 01-13-2010 09:32 AM

The local Best Buy stores occasionally have some cool stuff (where I picked up Death Note and the Shakugan no Shana box set) but there're some f.y.e locations that are way better. Apart from that, tho, I'm doing a lot more buyin' anime off of iTunes.

bemused_Bohemian 01-13-2010 03:29 PM

For anime dvds I use RightStuf out of Iowa when they have a sale. Shawne also sells on Amazon, sometimes more reasonably. Sometimes ebay works. Certain Japanese release anime for US distribution and consumption takes way too long to get here so I have had excellent luck getting R0 anime as well as action figures from across the pond (HK, Malayasia via ebay: warning::need to rely on your reading skills unless you're multi-lingual) if I just have to have it NOW. Shipping takes about 10-15 days to get over here. Manga buys are better, more reasonable at Amazon than ebay or Rightstuf depending on title but, whoa! watch out for certain Amazon seller's shipping charges. Prefer Amazon for Godzilla material. I stay away from local stores mainly to skate around paying state sales taxes. I'm being drained dry fiscally enough by the folks at Jeff City and inside the I-695 beltway at DC (aka IRS) plus I hate both BestBuy and WalMart as shopping sources. On large orders paying shipping charges is more reasonable than paying local sales tax. Sometimes Rightstuf will offer economy shipping (free) but this depends on the order.

dbull620 01-13-2010 03:40 PM

I mostly use amazon, especially if they have a good deal going on. There's no local anime/manga shops around me and the video stores in the malls charge way too much.

G U R U 01-16-2010 01:16 AM

Ebay and Rightstuf mostly. Sometimes HMV and other random places in malls and such.

Zaig 01-23-2011 02:40 PM

I buy all of my anime from Amazon. Like the poster said, it can have some pretty good deals if you're willing to watch out for 'em. I've been able to get complete seasons and/or series for as little as $3.00, to as high as only $15.00 (these prices are including the shipping/handling costs).

moonhawk81 01-23-2011 08:28 PM

Anime Castle (online) has a good selection at decent prices. Do NOT shop online at animedvdbox.com.

Kayarath 01-23-2011 10:52 PM

Anime can also be purchased at anime conventions! Be sure to look around first and get a receipt too!