91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Official "Guilty Pleasure" Anime Thread... (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1404)

Jiraku 10-01-2010 03:49 PM

Re: The Official "Guilty Pleasure" Anime Thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osaka (Post 20261)
Queens Blade...Now anyway, before then I think it was Popotan. Which is not a bad anime, its just got a lot of nude bath scenes but Queens Blade is worse. Almost Hentai, makes me wonder how it got a TV-14.

Just so everybody knows it doesn't have to be Ecchi or harem or something like that to be a guilty conscience... It's just something that you'd be nervous if someone caught you watching it... I mean if somebody caught me watching HOTD I would be somewhat embarrassed but only at certain parts. Me watching freaking HAMTARO THOUGH???? I'd want to jump off a building... but that's just me...

twillÿ 10-01-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiraku (Post 20293)
Me watching freaking HAMTARO THOUGH???? I'd want to jump off a building... but that's just me...

I personally don't really care what people think of what I watch. If someone is gonna judge you based on a show you're into, then they aren't anyone I'd want to be friends with. And by the way, I likes Hamtaro. :3

Jiraku 10-01-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillÿ (Post 20296)
I personally don't really care what people think of what I watch. If someone is gonna judge you based on a show you're into, then they aren't anyone I'd want to be friends with. And by the way, I likes Hamtaro. :3

I don't want them to be my friends if they do that either, but it's just one of those shows to me... and it's good that SOMEBODY likes the Ham Ham gang!!!!

Osaka 10-01-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiraku (Post 20293)
Just so everybody knows it doesn't have to be Ecchi or harem or something like that to be a guilty conscience... It's just something that you'd be nervous if someone caught you watching it... I mean if somebody caught me watching HOTD I would be somewhat embarrassed but only at certain parts. Me watching freaking HAMTARO THOUGH???? I'd want to jump off a building... but that's just me...

I know, but I still live my family and depending on the anime, I sometime have to pause when they are walking through.

Jiraku 10-01-2010 06:07 PM

Yeah... I know how it is... I'm the same way... Like I have to make sure my door is locked if I'm watching Witchblade...

Osaka 10-01-2010 07:15 PM

Yeah I heard of Witchblade and have been told "its fan-fair-tastic"....I don't blame you.

ZshadowX 10-27-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osaka (Post 20314)
Yeah I heard of Witchblade and have been told "its fan-fair-tastic"....I don't blame you.

O' Rly

I have a new anime to watch then Yay!

Snapplemonkey 11-17-2010 06:31 PM

Card Captor Sakura, I even bought the dvd's... knew the intro song by heart in both Portuguese and Japanese... -_-

SoulArbiter 11-19-2010 04:12 PM

Azu Manga Daioh. Osaka. Seriously. #mayoi

withasigh 11-20-2010 11:42 PM

Ouran High School Host Club would have to be Sighs guilty pleasure

Jubilee 11-21-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplemonkey (Post 22653)
Card Captor Sakura, I even bought the dvd's... knew the intro song by heart in both Portuguese and Japanese... -_-

That is nothing to be guilty of...I support you 100%...and everyone knows my backing makes it 99% awesome...which more than makes it un-guilty. :awesome:

ace8489 11-21-2010 12:13 AM

Ouran Highschool Host Club and Suzuka.....IM SO ASHAMED T_T

Gunzy 11-21-2010 04:22 AM

Mine is Green Green...don't haze me bro...

nerdwerld 11-21-2010 02:42 PM

Well I feel flushed when I watch HSOTD at school, however again I wouldn't call it my guilty pleasure.
Most of my friends don't like BoBoBo, and that is one of my guilty pleasures, and so was Lucky Star, and Hamtaro. However Sora No Otoshimono is probably my favorite of all time.

Gatx 01-10-2011 02:00 PM

I like moe slice of life shows like Lucky Star and K-on! but I don't really consider them guilty pleasures. However there was this one time I was watching GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class on the train and was a little self-conscious about it all of a sudden.

Guilty pleasure would have to be Mitsudomoe, since most of my friends regard it pretty lowly, yet I think it's pretty hilarious.

Mollybibbles 01-13-2011 09:28 AM

C'mon! NO SHAME! BE A MAN! Me, I love the artsy-fartsy stuff, but I will full-heartedly admit to my love of Hamtaro and old-school Pokemon.

However, nothing takes the cake for me over Romeo x Juliet. I'm a sap for gushy love stories >.>;

yuetheguardian 01-13-2011 10:00 PM

my guilty pleasure is the mindless moefest that is the galaxy angel anime. story what story? oh you mean the thing in the game and manga?

Mijan 02-01-2011 05:28 PM

I pretty much like any magical girl series... especially Chobits. I don't know why, but Freya's theme just fit perfectly into a remotely peaceful show.

Tempest Wind 02-01-2011 08:09 PM

Do non-Japanese anime count?

If so, Code Lyoko (a french anime) is my guilty pleasure, hands down.

Zaig 02-06-2011 09:28 PM

Nagasarete Airantou. Although it's pretty episodic and the main character is stranded on an island inhabited solely by females, it's darn funny--especially when the talking animals are involved. xD

A very guilty pleasure genre would be romance. I don't like watching/reading anything involving that stuff if it ISN'T from Japanese origin.