PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White version

Zero Gravity
04-08-2010, 10:32 PM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0510/pokemon-black-white-boxart-reshiram-zekron.jpg
The official Pokemon website has announced the new 5th Gen games
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

The 5th Generation taking place in Isshu, far away from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Orre/etc. A New beginning, and you play it, on your Nintendo DS/Lite/i/XL

EDIT:

The Games are now released and thus any spoilers have been removed from the front page! GO FORTH AND EXPLORE THE WONDERS OF THE UNOVA REGION!

will continue to update with Black/White events as they happen

Kanashimi
04-08-2010, 11:17 PM
I saw this before I went to bed, it was interesting to say the least... but I already had a hunch it was on the Nintendo 3DS as is. Now then, all that's gonna sicken me now is the racist jokes.

Zero Gravity
04-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I saw this before I went to bed, it was interesting to say the least... but I already had a hunch it was on the Nintendo 3DS as is. Now then, all that's gonna sicken me now is the racist jokes.

Yeah it's gonna be obnoxious.... my decision is whatever Pokemon looks less stupid like I did with Dialga and Palkia

Mollybibbles
04-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm not too surprised that there is yet another installment to what seems like a never ending pokemon journey in the seemingly endless world of pokemon. I swear, though, if they create a companion anime (which they probably will) Ash will have been perpetually 10 years old for well over a decade.. I look forward to seeing what those crazy creators came up with this time to wow the masses with

Camajak
04-09-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm not too surprised that there is yet another installment to what seems like a never ending pokemon journey in the seemingly endless world of pokemon. I swear, though, if they create a companion anime (which they probably will) Ash will have been perpetually 10 years old for well over a decade.. I look forward to seeing what those crazy creators came up with this time to wow the masses with

Actually, regardless if they make an anime adaptation, Ash has aged. He's roughly 15 right now, if I remember correctly, because he ages, like, a year every 3 years of the anime. Makes sense, too, since he's taller now and everything...

Oni
04-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Black and White eh? So we've finally moved onto shades...I'll bet you the third game in the 5th generation is Pokemon Grey. xD

But, yes, Ash has aged. There is more than just physical evidence too. At around the end of each few seaons (an arc, basically), they'll say something like "Man, that was one great year!" or "Ash honey, you haven't been home for a year, at least have a meal before you go!".

Elc1247
04-10-2010, 01:05 AM
i can only shake my head to this. some game series need to know when to just pull the plug. the moment they make a full on Pokemon MMO... the world will come to an end...

Mollybibbles
04-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Actually, regardless if they make an anime adaptation, Ash has aged. He's roughly 15 right now, if I remember correctly, because he ages, like, a year every 3 years of the anime. Makes sense, too, since he's taller now and everything...

That makes sense. They don't put too much emphasis on age unless a character is 10 or too young to train.

As far as the game goes, they can keep this franchise alive as long as they keep the masses buying. The little interactive poke-walker with Soul/ Heart games was a step in the right direction. Little gimmicks like that will keep the company alive for years to come

Zero Gravity
04-10-2010, 11:56 AM
An Early release of CoroCoro scans have been revealed, thanks to Pokemonbeach for the update, I added the images Pokemon beach provided on the original post for easier viewing, or you can read the entire report by going to pokebeach.com

netforce
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
3d battling is gonna look sexy

Camajak
04-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Oh my gosh! I love how the game looks so 3-D! Much more advanced than D/P/P/HG/SS! Very nice, very likable from these few scans. Very beautiful. Thank you so much. :)

Oni
04-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Looks like they're pulling the futuristic spin this time.

Camajak
04-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Looks like they're pulling the futuristic spin this time.

Which I am quite happy for, I really like this new look on Pokemon games. :)

Zero Gravity
04-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Pokemon Sunday revealed very little game play, it just shows the main character walking around the city, the effects pretty snazzy, but bare in mind, the quality is "meh"

EagleEyes
04-17-2010, 07:33 PM
I have decided, I am getting black version.

That is until the exclusives are revealed.

Llian
04-17-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm automatically set to get the black version. I like the character designs. Could be pretty good; I just hope it's not as boring as Diamond and Pearl =/

Oni
04-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I could care less which legendary is in which, I don't use them anyway.

digitalricket
04-18-2010, 04:19 PM
What really catches my eye is that it was said that every aspect of the game was going to be innovatively reborn, or something like that. I hope they change up a bit of the gameplay, like some sort of additions that can make the battles a little bit more fun to watch and more fast paced. Other than that I wouldn't mind if the main games stays the same. I've been playing the games for over a decade and here I am enjoying Soul Silver as if I first started playing it.

Chris
04-18-2010, 07:06 PM
What really catches my eye is that it was said that every aspect of the game was going to be innovatively reborn.

I'm sure that mostly has to do with it being released on the 3DS. They've most likely made a few changes here and there to make the three-dimensional play more attractive and easy to use. I can't see them doing too much in terms of the game play itself

Oni
04-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Pokemon Black and White were announced to be released by the end of the year.

The 3DS is set to be released next April.

Unless the game has already-programmed-in 3DS features, it had nothing really "new" specifically for the 3DS.

Camajak
04-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Why am I the only person I know who's going to get white??
Contrary to how I dress, I actually prefer white <3 Anyone going for White regardless? Not Black? :<

digitalricket
04-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Why am I the only person I know who's going to get white??
Contrary to how I dress, I actually prefer white <3 Anyone going for White regardless? Not Black? :<

I'm guessing it'll be just like how Silver sells more than Gold.

Llian
04-18-2010, 09:50 PM
I wanted silver as well. I think people had the conception that (Oh well everyone loves gold so I won't get that one).

Zero Gravity
04-19-2010, 01:06 AM
By the rules of nerds and wanna-be cool kids, black is more popular then white.

For me, I'm undecided, it depends on which cover art Pokemon less stupid

Kanashimi
04-19-2010, 01:50 AM
B_k5PEVsr9A

Zero Gravity
04-19-2010, 02:11 AM
Kana makes everything better! :3

Llian
04-19-2010, 07:45 AM
FFF, wait, you mean I'll actually be able to tell apart different buildings now?:lol:

ZshadowX
04-19-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm automatically set to get the white version, and my brother will be getting black version so...yay!

MaxDagger
04-24-2010, 04:01 PM
I am getting both. Mwuahaha! :3 if not I'll get white. :D -eats a pokeball shaped cupcake- nom nom. Mine! hahah!

DoctorForHire
04-28-2010, 07:39 AM
But, yes, Ash has aged. There is more than just physical evidence too. At around the end of each few seaons (an arc, basically), they'll say something like "Man, that was one great year!" or "Ash honey, you haven't been home for a year, at least have a meal before you go!".

That reminds me of a picture

http://i41.tinypic.com/4jatxv.png

Black and White is piquing my interest, I'm curious on how they will try to one up Arceus. In a related matter (and quite vain at that) I am the first Pokemon Black and White cosplayer in the western hemisphere. Closet cosplay still counts. http://doctorforhire.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Black-and-White-Male-160237895

Zero Gravity
04-28-2010, 05:59 PM
I hope the main character looks like that, it'd be nice so see someone cool/average and not ridiculous like RSE or DP

Oni
04-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh, I saw that picture a while ago. It was a great way of looking at the characters if we looked at the characters as if they were aging with us, not in the series own time frame.

Jubilee
04-28-2010, 08:18 PM
I always go with the first version that piques my minds intrest :biggrin:
Red
Gold
Ruby
Pearl
HeartGold
Gonna be White :smile:
Can't Wait!!!

Zero Gravity
05-06-2010, 01:17 PM
May 16th (the 15th for us) Pokemon Sunday will reveal the 3 new starter Pokemon for Pokemon Black and White versions as well as some added features to the upcoming 5th Gen games, as well as some new material regarding the Upcoming movie "Ruler of Illusion: Zoroark!".
This weekend they will be revealing a new Pokemon for the 5th Generation as well. But theres speculation that it either be another silhouette of the starter Pokemon or a new form of an already existing Pokemon (Which is believed to be Celebi).

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Camajak
05-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Omg, thanks Zero! That really makes me happy! By the way, that's the weekend of my birthday. ;) Lol. Any other news besides these starter pokemon and such?

Zero Gravity
05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Omg, thanks Zero! That really makes me happy! By the way, that's the weekend of my birthday. ;) Lol. Any other news besides these starter pokemon and such?

No unless your looking forward to the Zoroark Movie, thats really it
Just the 3 Starters, Possibly a new Pokemon and some new game footage, I'm gitty about that weekend too

Pokemon Sunday has revealed the silhouette of the 3 new starters Pokemon. They will reveal their names and images on next week's show.
I've posted the silhouette on the front page, which will be replaced with their images once they have been revealed (Most likely CoroCoro leeks will reveal their true pictures first as it happens 9 out of ten times, CoroCoro leeks it first)

The new starter Pokemon have been revealed! Information has been added to the first post!

EagleEyes
05-12-2010, 04:43 AM
New starters are ugly is hell. But I shall stick to my water type as normal.

Edit: On further consideration, I do like the water Panda.

Oni
05-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Can I have the fake starters now? I much prefer them.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/Auraion_V/1273631690103.png

Tyto
05-12-2010, 09:01 AM
This might prove to be first time I ever use the Grass starter... Unless the final evolutions can change my mind that is.

Jubilee
05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Ew ew ew ew ew ew eww! These are by FAR the worst looking starters of all time! >.< ... I mean what is that water thing?! :mad: ... The grass one is decent at best...I always do grass first but...ugh!

Llian
05-12-2010, 01:38 PM
If the pig turns out to be an awesome warhog I'm starting with it. It's fire regradless so that's the one I'm gonna choose. They all look like crap though.

Full scale of the MCs.
http://i43.tinypic.com/koi2u.jpg

Oni
05-12-2010, 03:19 PM
If the pig turns out to be an awesome warhog I'm starting with it. It's fire regradless so that's the one I'm gonna choose. They all look like crap though.

Full scale of the MCs.
http://i43.tinypic.com/koi2u.jpg

Loving the design of the female trainer.

Camajak
05-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Loving the design of the female trainer.

OH MY GOD. Me, too! The male is even very nice. I think they're both beautiful.

Oh, and apparently, they're going to be older than 10. O.o Maybe 13-14 or something? They're cute. It'd be nice if there's a romance between them. They'd be a cute couple. And I don't like to ship, but seriously! There were even hints between Lyra and Ethan in Soul Silver. Lol. I think it's adorable. The whole pokemon franchise is adorable. /fangirl/

Llian
05-13-2010, 03:23 AM
Yeah they're amazing. Finally a Male MC that doesn't look like a prissy. I really like Female trainers design, probably gonna play with her. And yes they're going to be older than 10. About time if you ask me.

soundbreaker
05-17-2010, 08:43 AM
The male trainer looks a hell of a lot like a good friend of mine. o_0

I'll be up on that Black Version, unless the White one's Legendary is better. Anyone seen any pictures of the full-evolutions of the starters yet? I wanna know what they end up looking like before I choose.

Kate
05-18-2010, 12:59 AM
WHO LIKES SHORT SHORTS? THE FEMALE PROTAGONIST LIKES SHORT SHORTS!

For once, I actually like the male character. He's just not like the others in any way. But, as always, I will be starting off with the female. Never have chosen the guy, even if they looked cool in someway.

Mijumaru FTW!

Zero Gravity
05-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Does anyone else think the main characters look like an older version of Red and Platinum?

The new Legendary Pokemon! Zerkom! Reshiram! Are here!
Zerkom (The black one) belongs to White Version! Reshiram (The white one) belongs to Black Version!
Who's the dominant one?!?!?!?!

http://pokebeach.com/news/0510/black-white-zekrom-reshiram.jpg

ZshadowX
05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Well black just got my vote
-man Zerkom looks crazy nOn

EagleEyes
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I want Black, but White has the better legend.

Camajak
05-28-2010, 03:42 PM
I actually like them both, sadly!
I kinda like the white version one more, tho. Good thing, cuz I want white lol

Jubilee
05-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I repeat ew....
The white one is slightly more attractive imo...but both are blehhhh #noelrage

It makes me sad #dowant

Camajak
05-28-2010, 03:49 PM
I repeat ew....
The white one is slightly more attractive imo...but both are blehhhh #noelrage

It makes me sad #dowant

Why is everyone such a hater? ;__;

Jubilee
05-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Sorry...I'm still going to play it and all....it's just disappoint....they don't even really look like poke'mon in my opinion #that's

Camajak
05-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Sorry...I'm still going to play it and all....it's just disappoint....they don't even really look like poke'mon in my opinion #that's

But Pokemon are Pokemon. I'm sure that there were many, many people who looked over these designs to optimize them, and what are we to decide if they look like Pokemon?? See, the first generation Pokemon, for example. Look at Voltorb and Eletrode. They're POKEBALLS. Yaknow??
There's Pokemon that are there for the sake of simplicity, those that are there to represent an abstract view, IMO. I mean, look at Glaceon and Leafeon. Those are Pokemon, right?? Of course they are, they're eeveelutions.
I'm sorry I'm going off on a limb and all, but, really, not only I, but other accepting Pokemon fans are sick of the complaining and whining or the 'they don't look like Pokemon' thing, since I'm sure that, this time next year, it'll all be accepted.
FYI: My favorite Pokemon is Luxray. Generation IV. And there, apparently, were people saying the same exact thing about Generation III. You consider Mudkips Pokemon, right? Same as Torchics, or maybe a Zigzagoon, or a Wurmple.
It's the initial shock of being introduced to something new and unfamiliar. Eventually, we are all going to accept that these are Pokemon, and we will be playing the game, having favorites, etc. I myself love the new legendaries. Well, love to the point that they are appropriate for the 'Black and White' theme, since, as stated before, it's sort of a yin-yang concept. And I love this ingenuity.
I'm just hoping that everyone else is not only going to accept these Pokemon, but I will love to see the hypocrisy as people fall in love with the newest Dragon and Steel Eevees (Just a speculation) of those that don't.
I enjoy hearing your opinion, just saying, but I really am enthusiastically anticipating the arrival of all these new Pokemon, the awesome gameplay mechanics, everything. Just stating my opinion about the whole concept of these new generations, mmkays? <3

Oni
05-29-2010, 06:58 PM
They both look like Palkia.

Camajak
05-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Oni, my first thought to your comment was
'You've gotta be trollin' me..." XD

Zero Gravity
05-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Dude, they so don't look like Palkia... >_>

EagleEyes
05-30-2010, 05:59 AM
Darkrai and Palkia's love child.

The other one is a ghost #shock

Zero Gravity
05-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Something interesting I found on Pokebeach:
As we posted yesterday, Reshiram's name comes from "shiro," which means "white" in Japanese, whereas Zekrom's comes from "kuro," which means "black." But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark." Specifically, these words are used to refer to the sky becoming light and dark. Like we pointed out a few weeks ago, "hiun" in Hiun City's name can mean "clouds being blown by the wind." In addition to this, the bridge connected to Hiun City is named "Sky Arrow Bridge." So, we obviously have a sky theme going on in these two games in addition to the possible lightening or darkening of it. Thanks goes to Yaminokame for researching these name meanings.
What do these tidbits and the names of the Legendary Pokemon tell us about Black and White's plot? This is just speculation, but perhaps the games will involve a story related to making the sky night or day, similar to the whole land and ocean dichotomy in Ruby and Sapphire. Or, as many fans have hoped for years, could we finally be getting a Light-type to oppose Darkness as possibly indicated by Reshiram's name? Could Reshiram be Dragon / Light and Zekrom Dragon / Darkness? It seems like the Pokemon Company is trying to keep their full types secret for now, so is this the reason why? As fans it is obviously our God-given right to speculate about every little thing, no matter how outlandish, so I thought I would just throw those theories out there. :p Perhaps this is why Reshiram's tail looks like a torch with a flame. Maybe Zekrom's tail is a... night generator? Or something? Speculate on our forums!

Also in rumor, thanks to Serebii:
The host of Pokemon Sunday, Nakagawa Shoko, blogged today about the character she is voicing for the thirteenth movie. With this, she mentioned about her love for Electric types and stated that due to this, she wants to get Zekrom. This statement was quickly removed from her blog but people managed to catch it in time. If this holds true then it will mean that Zekrom is of a Dragon and Electric type, a new and unique type combination. Remember though, this is NOT confirmed, albeit coming from a very likley source plus she could have removed it due to her being mistaken about Zekrom's type.

If it becomes confirmed that Zekrom is indeed half Electric, then White Version automatically wins in my book.
-Is also favorite about the Electric types-

ZshadowX
06-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Does that mean, that i have to also buy the new 3Ds just to play Pokemon Black? does anyone knows

Zero Gravity
06-03-2010, 05:44 PM
No, it's just extra features are available on the 3DS, it's been confirmed to be playable on NDS, Lite and DSi.
Still gonna buy the 3DS, wouldn't be "De PokeMaster" without getting the full features >_>

ZshadowX
06-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Thank you Zero, you are truly "De PokeMaster" in my book

Zero Gravity
06-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Early CoroCoro scans have revealed SIX New Pokemon as well as the first female professor for the games.
The Professor's Name is Araragi.
The 6 New Pokemon are posted on the front page and are as follows:
Chiramii (チラーミィ). It is the Chinchilla Pokemon, a Normal-type. (The little white one)
Mun'na (ムンナ). It is the Dream Eater Pokemon, a Psychic-type (The Pink one)
Gear (ギアル), appropriately titled the Gear Pokemon. It is a Steel-type
Mamepato (マメパト) is the Baby Pidgeon Pokemon and is a Normal / Flying type
Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ) is the Flaming Pokemon, a Fire-type (The monkey looking thing...)
Shimama (シママ) is the Charged Pokemon, an Electric-type (The awesome one)
Meguroko (メグロコ) is the Desert Crocodile Pokemon, a Ground / Dark type

EDIT: Just Some speculation:
They also reveal the Pokedexes, which (since 3rd gen and up) have been closley resembled to the Gameboy/NDS.
Could it possibly be what the 3DS may look like?

EDIT 2: Also it's confirmed Zekrom is Electric/Dragon and known as the "Black Yin Pokemon" and Rashiram is Fire/Dragon and will be known as the "Black Yang Pokemon"

Camajak
06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Oh my GOD Chirami is absolutely adorable!!! So cute <3 Very fluffy/hugable :aw:

EagleEyes
06-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Fire Dragon. ABOUT TIME!

Zero Gravity
06-13-2010, 05:08 AM
Fire Dragon. ABOUT TIME!

The Lightning/Dragon is cooler then your smelly Fire/Dragon o_o

Jubilee
06-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Still no new ice legendary V_V

Oh well, I do like the designs of Gear, Mamepato, Shimama, and Meguroko...That fire monkey thingy and that pink blob psychic thing are...not attractive though. :uh:

Zero Gravity
06-26-2010, 08:40 PM
A new video from Pokemon Sunday has been posted in de internet, revealing the Japanese release date for Sept 18th, 2010. The video includes some in game footage and well as possibly the rival, this is also hinting at full motion video for the game.
This is gonna be the best one yet.
Video is posted on front page too.

zoOQ9ddaEHo

Tyto
06-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Woo! It looks like I get my wish after all and we get a glasses wearing icequeen female rival with a default name of Sharron!

EagleEyes
06-26-2010, 10:25 PM
The only thing I want for in new pokemon is adjusted AI. The oponents pokemon are leveled according to my own.

Zero Gravity
06-27-2010, 07:36 PM
"Oha Suta" a japanese television show revealed an extended trailer for the one posted on "PokéMon Sunday"
It revealed Eight new Pokemon, 3 of which are unnamed, the 5 named are:
Ononokusu (オノノクス) seems to derive from the word "fear"
Doryuuzu (ドリュウズ) name derives from "Mole"
Desukaan (デスカーン) name derives from "Death/"Coffin"
Denchura (デンチュラ) name contains the words "electric" and "tarantula."
All four are in the first image featuring the Double Battle

The 2nd image revealed 3 new Pokemon yet to be named.

the 3rd image reveals Triple Battle (Yes it's 3 on 3 now, lets see how this works out)
Included in the image is the new PokéMon:
Moguryuu (モグリュー) pre-evolution of Doryuuzu

Images are posted on the front page

Kate
06-30-2010, 11:55 AM
At this point, the ideas are dead. The Pokemon don't even look like Pokemon anymore..

Jubilee
06-30-2010, 03:43 PM
3 on 3 battles...interesting...I'm eager to see how those will work out...that is going to be one damaging surf rlynow

Also, 100th post woot! #poplar

EagleEyes
07-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Team full of vaporeon with surf #shock

Zero Gravity
07-01-2010, 01:36 AM
At this point, the ideas are dead. The Pokemon don't even look like Pokemon anymore..

The same thing happened for me in Gen 4, give it some time, they'll eventually grow on you

Jubilee
07-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Team full of vaporeon with surf #shock

Fighting a full team of Leafeon! #ohdear

OR you could just have a big Eeveelution fight...minus Flareon...Flareon is no fun anyways. GO SIT IN YOUR CORNER FLAREON! #noelrage

Zero Gravity
07-01-2010, 03:39 PM
An update regarding the Black and White anime (Best Wishes) revelaed a new Pokemon Coromori, a Bat pokemon and the evolved forms of Mijumaru (the Water type), amd Tsutaaja. Image posted onj front page.

They don't look like they change much from their basic stages nyeh?

Updated the front page with many new Pokemon including the evolution of Munna and possibly a Legendary Pokemon "Wargle", it's unsure of since a silhouette was revealed at the end of the 13th Pokemon Movie.

Also in news, locations are exclusive to Black and White, White forest and Black City to their respective colors

Updated with a new Pokemon, Victini, the Mew of Black and White (I believe...)

Victiny is pokemon #000 making it the first pokemon in the Isshu Pokedex and possibly the National Dex.
It's name is based off of: "Victory" and "Tiny"
http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/victini.jpg

in other news MY FAN BROKE DOWN AND CAUGHT ON FIRE! ;__;

ZshadowX
07-25-2010, 12:36 PM
I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy

Zero Gravity
07-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy

How do you know its a boy.....? >_>

Camajak
07-25-2010, 03:27 PM
#000? Special. Very special... XD

Camajak
07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
And I think it looks like a boy... usually cute things are girls, but I see it as a boy for some reason :O

ZshadowX
07-25-2010, 05:20 PM
How do you know its a boy.....? >_>

If it's a boy he be called Squishy

But if it's a girl she be called: EAGLE_EYEs: the Defender of the EARTH the 5th #shockzune

Zero Gravity
07-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Oha Suta revealed more Pokemon today, revealing 3 Pokemon plus Team Plasma.
In regards to Team Plasma, I can't help but think of Monty Python - Quest for the Holy Grail when I look at Team Plasma, specifically the guards for the singing prince.

As for Pokemon we have:
Miruhoggu, evolved form of Minezumi
Shikijika, the Bambi Pokemon
and an unnamed Swan Pokemon

Pictures have been added to the front page, but if your as lazy I believe you all are... here
http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/team-plasma.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/swan.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/shikijika.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/miruhoggu.jpg

EagleEyes
07-30-2010, 05:33 AM

But if it's a girl she be called: EAGLE_EYEs: the Defender of the EARTH the 5th #shockzune

Zero Gravity
07-30-2010, 05:37 AM

Thats a good name, but your only allowed 8 letters for a nickname numb-nuts

Jubilee
07-30-2010, 10:24 AM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/team-plasma.jpg

http://pokebeach.com/news/0710/shikijika.jpg

First of all...their costumes made me laugh...hard.

Second of all....D'AWWWWWWW #darling

Zero Gravity
08-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Leeked images of Ken Sugimori art for characters/pokemon have been discovered.
They are Images for:
Shikijika (Bambi)
The Unnamed Swan pokemon
An Unnamed Bug Pokemon
Team Plasma
Aloe
Dento

I've updated the first image of Team Plasma with the artwork (as opposed to the scan)
it's also been updated that Victini is a Psychic/Fire type (Take THAT Celebi)

Toonpenguin
08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
This has to be the first pokemon game since Gold and Silver that I have truly been insanely excited about. I cannot wait till my game from play-asia.com comes in the mail.
So far hihidaruma is my favorite out of all of them. And as for starters I'm defintly choosing the otter (I've always been a fan of the water pokemon , with the exception of the hoenn region where i choose treecko)

Only 44 Days until the release to go !!!

EagleEyes
08-04-2010, 02:53 AM
That bug thing is so cute :o

Toonpenguin
08-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Hey guys new video. This video shows 2 battles with the new deer pokemon in addition it also shows some more pokemon muscial stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSQB4ZIbD24

Zero Gravity
08-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Hey guys new video. This video shows 2 battles with the new deer pokemon in addition it also shows some more pokemon muscial stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSQB4ZIbD24

Hmmm... fufufu

neat Stuff, I'll add it to the front page

Toonpenguin
08-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Also I don't know if you have this one there as well but its now official from Bulbapedia that there is going to be now pokemon pre-Generation 5 in the Isshu Dex
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_and_White_to_feature_only_Gen_V_Pok%C3%A9mon _pre-National_Dex

Zero Gravity
08-07-2010, 03:38 AM
More Pokemon to update with! quote from Pokebeach:

Emonga (エモンガ) is the Flying Squirrel Pokemon, stands 0.4m tall, and weights 5.0kg. It is an Electric / Flying-type and has Static as its ability.

Gigaiasu (ギガイアス), which was revealed previously, is the High Pressure Pokemon. It is a Rock-type, has the Sturdy ability, stands 1.7m tall, and weighs 270.0kg.

Darumakka (ダルマッカ) is a Fire-type and the supposed pre-evolution of Hihidaruma.

Another new Pokemon revealed but not pictured is Basurao (バスラオ), which knows Aqua Jet and Uproar.

Shikijika (the previously revealed deer) is a Normal / Grass-type and has Chlorophyll as its ability. Its appearance changes according to the seasons: in the spring it is pink (like the Ken Sugimori artwork), in the summer it is green, in the fall it is orange, and winter's color is unknown.

Growth now seems to raise Special Attack and Attack by one stage.

As for the deal with Emonga (over the idea it evolves from Pachirisu, which was something we talked about in the IRC) I dont believe it is, but who knows

http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/emonga.png
http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/gigaiasu.png
http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/darumaaka.png

Updated the front page with 2 new spoils:
Shikijima's different Colors and an unown Plant Type Pokemon

http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/plant.png
http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/shikijika-forms.jpg

NEW INFO has surfaced again!
The Swan Pokemon has been identified as Swana, a Water/Flying Pokemon.
The Bug Pokemon has been identified as Kirumiru, a Grass/Bug Pokemon.
And a Fish Pokemon named Basurao that is purely Water type.

Dento is the first Gym Leader, you battle him in Sanyo City.
Aloe is the second Gym Leader, you battle in Shippou City.

Images updated on front page.

ALSO:
Some new Game mechanics where added:
Game Mechanics

Rotation Battle - Another three-on-three battle mode. You can only choose one of your Pokemon out of the three out to attack each turn. You have to predict which Pokemon your opponent will use and what attack they'll use for the greatest success. This type of three-on-three battle is in addition to the regular three-on-three battle mode and the one revealed last month where you can constantly rotate the position of your Pokemon.

Miracle Shooter - Allows you to use Items in wireless battles; you collect points each turn and can use them for the chance to use Items. You can choose whether to use Miracle Shooter or not.

Battle Subway - A subway where you can participate in seven battles at a time. If you win all seven battles you can earn battle points and exchange them for various gifts.

if you came here hoping to see some news update about new PokéMon.... JOKES ON YOU SUCKERS!!!!

No but seriously, nothing so far as to any new PokéMon, except the dream world.
As to what Dream World actually does refer to here:
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworld.shtml
What is known is that you can capture Pokemon with un-natural abilities
Example:
Vaporeon knowns Hydration
Glaceon knows ice Body
Kanto Starters do NOT have Growth, Blaze or Torrent

EagleEyes
08-14-2010, 08:28 PM
GO GO VAPOREON!

I think Water absorb is the better option though.

Zero Gravity
08-21-2010, 06:03 PM
revealed by Pokemon Sunday, Yanappu, the Monkey Pokemon.
It is a pure grass type, and knows an attack called Acrobat which allows him to hit Pokemon that are too far away in battle (I guess positioning is important). The attack power on Acrobat doubles when he's not holding an item and knows the ability "Gluttony"
oObf6d-krAQ

EagleEyes
08-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I still don't like tripple battles a three way battle would be cool though.

iNeku
08-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I´m pretty psyched about this. What sucks for though is that probably half the content won´t be accessible to me because I can´t get my DSi to work with my wifi. //emorage

Either way, I´m looking forward to the story and the graphics itself look really sweet and inovative for a Pkmn game!

EagleEyes
08-30-2010, 03:52 PM
I want a beastly OU water pokemon :(

iNeku
08-30-2010, 08:41 PM
I want a beastly OU water pokemon :(

Well there´s a number of those, but I think none would suit the term "beastly" as much as Gyarados does. #gyarados

EagleEyes
08-31-2010, 03:55 AM
Well there´s a number of those, but I think none would suit the term "beastly" as much as Gyarados does. #gyarados

I want a Cloyster and Golduck evolution. Then I shall be happy.

Zero Gravity
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
These are just RUMORS so far, it's possible these are the real deal, if they are, they're not bad.

The believed Evolutions of the Isshu Starter PokéMon
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/ZGMFX23S/starters.jpg

Also. heres some beautiful looking new trailers for the game
DVGvlT69B8M
wIszk30KGhY
QX8uV5PyK94

Jubilee
09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
The believed Evolutions of the Isshu Starter PokéMon
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/ZGMFX23S/starters.jpg

I like the look of some of these, specially Tuskasa-jitsu w/e his name is, one. Cool snake is cool.

However, I find it odd that each of the final evolutions legs change...Grass goes from 2 to none...otter goes from 2 to 4...pig goes from 4 to 2...

It seems odd that all 3 carry the trait...it has been quite rare in starters up to now...although I respect the otter more now if that is the true evolution :awesome:

EagleEyes
09-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Not a fan of the snakes..... But the others are cool #ringo

Zero Gravity
09-06-2010, 12:48 PM
There has been some updates with some new Pokémon, but I've just been pre-occupied with different things.

So sweeping everything else under the rug I'll just start with the latest which was a couple minutes ago, a commercial revealed a new PokéMon:
IT'S A KITTY! :D
look to the right hand side where the arrow points
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/bw-special-cat.jpg

EDIT: theres also a Pokemon I cant seem to make out on right left hand side

Kate
09-06-2010, 12:52 PM
First.. KITTY! I WANT IT!!!

Second, that's Tabunne, Zero.

Zero Gravity
09-06-2010, 03:12 PM
First.. KITTY! I WANT IT!!!

Second, that's Tabunne, Zero.

Ah yeah, thank you

Toonpenguin
09-07-2010, 06:58 PM
gigaisu evolutionary line, pictures are fan-art and should not be taken as confirmed.

http://www.pokexperto.net/img/fanarts_preevos_gigaiasu.png

Source :http://pokexperto.net/index2.php

EDIT
Possible Yanppua evolution ?

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/yanappu_evo.png

Source:http://pokejungle.net/

Zero Gravity
09-08-2010, 10:05 AM
i thought I've give everyone a heads up...

Famitsu is a Japanese Publication for Video Games who usually have right on and fair judgment on games unlike some American publications we all know who rate games based on how much the companies pay them -coughocughIGNcoughcough-
Pokemon Black and Pokemon White received a perfect 40/40 (4 reviews, each one with a perfect 10/10)
it is the FIRST Pokemon Game to receive a perfect 40, with HeartGold/SoulSilver receiving a 37, Platinum a 36 and Diamond/Pearl a 35, and the Gen 3 series (Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald) received a 34.
refer to image below:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/68/BWFamitsu.jpg

The games listed for this week's Famitsu Reviews and Scores are:

Pokemon Black/White (DS) – 10/10/10/10
Trick x Logic: Season 2 (PSP) – 8/8/9/9
Front Mission Evolved (PS3/360) – 8/7/8/7
Deca Sporta 3: Wii de Sports 10 Shumoku! (Wii) – 8/7/7/6
Blue Roses: Yousei to Aoi Hitomi no Senshitachi (PSP) – 7/7/7/7

Little Bragging update:
Pokemon Black and White are the 14th game to receive such a perfect rating, the first game being Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and the last one the receive a perfect score was Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Kate
09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
WOW! That's a big achievement for Pokemon right there.

Camajak
09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
That is absolutely amazing, now I really am excited for this game. Very nice that the hype is paying off! :)

Drago142222
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Looks like its gonna be awesome

Toonpenguin
09-09-2010, 07:26 PM
so heres some cool info released by bulbapedia . this magazine called pokemon pia had a intereview with one of the art creators.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Pia_information_begins_to_surface

his last statment is currently in debate to decide if the evolutions of the starters are legit

Sugimori: I worried about it for a while, and I eventually went to go see the sea otters at the aquarium. I happened to catch the sea lion show while I was there, and I became aware of the sea lion's power. "Well, let's try blending a sea otter and a sea lion," I thought. I came up with the idea of making the shell on Mijumaru's stomach into a sword (katana) and using it to fight, and that's how I completed Mijumaru and its evolution."

some may not view the horn on the final evolution as a sword which is the main arguement

Also only a week remains , from the time of this post, till the release of Black and White

EDIT: heres a new interview in which Satoru Iwata, Tsunekaz Ishihara, Junichi Masuda and Ken Sugimori discuss various elements of pokemon black and white.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/interview/irbj/vol1/index.html

the website is in Japaense so you'll obviously need to translate it somehow

SUPER special awesome EDIT 2 : serebii just released a ton of new info about pokemon black and white
"
There are 156 new Pokemon within this generation; 153 within normal gameplay and further 3 event pokemon (#647,648, & 649) that will be distributed in a manor similar to darkrai, shaymin, and arceus in the previous generations.

In regards to a few numbers and details;

633-635: are a dark/dragon type evolution chain
638: in a steel/fighting type- legendary
639: is a rock/fightning type legendary
640: is a Grass/Fightning type legendary
641: is a pure flying type legendary
642 is an electric/flying type legendary
Reshiram is to be 643
Zekrom is to be 644
645 is a ground/flying type legendary
646 is a dragon/ice-type legendary
647 is a water/fightning type event legnedary
648 is a normal/psychic type evcent legendary
649 is a bug/steel type event legendary
- In hiun city, the boats will take you to various islands.

Remeber, there is a chance that this will change prior to release of the game "

Source: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Zero Gravity
09-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Toon, please let ME update my own topic

The Front page has been updated with the Gen V PokéDex listings, and will be updated for every new PokéMon revealed, copy and pasted from Pokebeach (So be sure to give them the credit).

Also for gyms:
The 1st Gym is 3 types, Fire, Water and Grass, based around the new Monkeys.
The 2nd Gym is a normal based gym

Also bare in mind that there is NO new evolutions for the previous Generations, which makes sense, since Luvdisc evo contradicts the "new Pokemon only" stand they where taking. So the supposed Luvdisc evo is... just a very mad fish

ALRIGHT! We already have NEW Pokemon to reveal!

Thanks to the early CoroCoro scans!

The guy with the eyepiece is named Geechisu.
- N has a Choroneko (the Dark-type cat).

- Reshiram's signature attack is Cross Fire while Zekrom's is Cross Thunder. Apparently when one Pokemon is hit by the other's attack the other's signature attack becomes more powerful.

- Dento (Grass), Poddo (Fire), and Kon (Water) are the Sanyou City Gym Leaders. As stated in the previous post, the Gym specializes in Grass, Fire, and Water. Depending on the Starter Pokemon you choose, you will face the Gym Leader of the type that is stronger than you (like when you battle your rival in previous games). They will use their elemental monkeys and possibly other Pokemon of their type.

Jyanobii - Tsutarja evolution - Grass - Grass Snake Pokemon
Chaobuu - Pokabu's evolution - Fire/Fighting - Fire Pig Pokemon
Futachimaru - Mijumaru's evolution - Water - Meditation Pokemon
Yanappu - Grass - Grass Monkey Pokemon
Baoppu - Fire - High Temperature Pokemon - New move called "Flame Burst" which damages nearby opponents.
Hiyappu - Water - Wave Splash Pokemon - New move called "Boiling Water" which is Water-type move but can Burn.
Emonga - Electric/Flying - Flying Squirrel Pokemon
Basurao - Violent Pokemon - Water (Has two forms, as shown)
Yorterrie - Puppy Pokemon (based on a Yorkie) - Normal
Choroneko - Bad Cat Pokemon - Dark
Desukaan - Coffin Pokemon - Ghost
Ononokusu - Chin Horn Pokemon - Dragon
Denchura - Electric Spider Pokemon - Bug/Electric
Doryuuzu - Earth's Core Pokemon - Ground/Steel
Buffalon - Headbutt Cow Pokemon - Normal
Dangoro - Mantle Pokemon - Rock
Mebukijika - Shikijika's evolution - Season Pokemon - Normal/Grass - Its appearance changes depending on the season like its pre-evolution.
Tabunne - Healing Pokemon - Normal
Monmen - Cotton Ball Pokemon - Grass
Churine - Root Pokemon - Grass
Tamagetake - Mushroom Pokemon - Grass / Poison

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/corocoro-6.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/corocoro-2.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/corocoro-3.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/corocoro-4.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/corocoro-5.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/corocoro-7.jpg

EagleEyes
09-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Boiling water pokemon is win!

Zero Gravity
09-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Boiling water pokemon is win!

The Water Burning PokéMon is Hiyappu, the Water Monkey

Toonpenguin
09-11-2010, 12:20 PM
I can see the coffin pokemon changing the meta game alot.
like for example breloom. We all know that its 99/100 times will have toxic orb, well if breloom would attack the coffin pokemon with focus punch then breloom's effect becomes mummy so it would no longer recieve 1/8th of its HP back
This could also apply to any pokemon who has the guts ability.

Also the idea of a water moving be able to burn is interesting and i really like it alot. It may make it on my team in the meta game but not during gameplay since i'll have mijumaru.

Out of the pokemon we've seen this is what my team is gonna be so far

Mijumaru
Yanappu
Hihidaruma
moguryu
Emonga
Wooguru

also sorry for stealing your spot light earlyer zero

5 days (at the time of this post) till B&W is released

EDIT(7:17 PM)i'm watching pokemon sunday currently and this is just a small piece of info nothing to big. But as you know you get your pokemon as a present in the beginning of the game well you also get 5 pokeballs right off the bat.
I believe this to be the first time in a pokemon game when you get pokeballs before going to the second town of the game
Also if you choose a guy as your character the female rival seems to be in love with you doing the game

thats all for now at the time of this update post, sorry for stealing your spotlight again zero just updating as the things happen

EDIT 9:04 PM (EST)- This is just something random that was on pokemon sunday its pretty funny

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/47/Dancing_Slowpoke.jpg

sorry for the double post but according to bulbapedia Amazon japan shipped out today Pokemon Black and White. So alot of information is going to be spewing out within the next 24 hours!

Again zero_gravity sorry for not letting you update your own thread

also only 2 days till the Official date release of Black and White (at the time of this post)

Reminder : At 4 AM EST Wedensday morning (tomorrow ) the pokemon black and white special will be premiering. So serebii and bulbapedia will probably be exploding with last minute information before the people who got there games out early start posting stuff about the game

Kate
09-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Have you guys seen some of the new legends they posted yet? The blue one looks okay to me, but I don't know about the other two. The green one looks.. ehh and the gray one, well, I can't actually get a good look at it. So, I'll leave any talk about it from me till I see a better picture of it.

Kanashimi
09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Went through this topic and got rid of all the double posts. Please remember that double posting is against the rules guys, and apologizing does not excuse you. There is an edit button for a reason.

Toonpenguin
09-14-2010, 06:46 PM
sorry kanashimi XD will do my best not to double post in the future

@kate there are clear pictures on serebii. For some reason the blue and green legendary reminds me of arecues. I don't know what to say about the gray one on the left

Also on serebii they have new information from oha suta about Chruine (pokemon white exclusive) and Monmen (pokemon black exclusive)
Chruine (At capture) has Growth, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder(WOOO) , and mega drain
Monmen(At capture) has Growth, Leech Seed, Stun Powder, and Mega drain

The only difference as in moves is obviously the powder, its going to be interesting to see how different these pokemon are in terms of movesets (i'm guessing that there stats will be relativity similar but move pool different)

source:http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

HUGE update: I was checking my bank account and there was a charge from play-asia on there. So i checked my account on there site and my order is preparing for shipping (and since it 11 AM in japan )(at the time of this update) it will be shipped by tonight (Japan time)

Zero Gravity
09-15-2010, 07:59 AM
I've updated the front page with images of the new Legendary Pokemon

Also.... toon.....
-hits with a rolled up newspaper-
What did i say about updated meh topic? -__-

Toonpenguin
09-15-2010, 11:40 AM
well w/e i'll stop coming on this thread then and let you update the info 2 days or so after it already comes out (not trying to be rude or anything i'm just saying whoever posts the information first post it first)

Also when using the transfer machine to transfer 4th gen to 5th your pokemon CANNOT hold items
Source:Serebii

EDIT: heres a cool mcdonalds in japan thats all pokemon black and white
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/15/pokemon_black_white_odaiba/
its really cool looking, it would be interesting to see this come to the US (Which would never happen)

EDIT 2: The gym leaders types have been revealed (just types of gyms and only 3 with gym leader names)

First Gym: Grass, Fire or Water (Dento, Podda and Koon)
Second gym: Normal (Aloe)
Third gym: Bug
Fourth Gym: Electric
Fifth gym: Earth
Sixth Gym: Flying
Seventh Gym: Ice
Eighth gym: Dragon (Iris)

Also someone on bulbapedia forums posted this picture confirming that some people have infact gotten there games early

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1147603.jpg

EDIT 3: More info from bulbapedia forums "the manual inside has been scanned and info is leaking."
this was posted by -Ryuutakeshi- on the bulbapedia forums (and is trusted on the forums).
Expect tons of more info to come out within the next 24 hours!

EDIT 4 : More leaked info.

Slowkingsley posted this on Serebi...from Famitsu:

Quote:
Tsutarja/Janoby
- Leaf Blade
- Coil
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm

Pokabu & Chaobuu
- Nitro Charge
- Flamethrower
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz

Mijumaru & Futachimaru
- Shell Blade
- Revenge
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump

Minezumi
- Crunch
- Hypnosis
- Super Fang
- Hyper Fang

Yooterii
- Bite
- Take Down
- Reversal
- Giga Impact

Choroneko
- Fake Out
- Slash
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch

Munna
- Yawn
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Tabunne
- Helping Hand
- Attract
- Heal Pulse
- Double-edge

Yanappu
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobat
- Grass Knot
- Crunch

Baoppu
- Yawn
- Burst Flame
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Hiyappu
- Boiling Water
- Acrobat
- Brine
- Crunch

Lv 12 - Yooterii, Lv 14 Monkey (strong against starter choice)

Confirms that Melkor was telling the truth about the choice of monkey

Zero Gravity
09-15-2010, 02:37 PM
At the very least, throw me a PM if theres an update.

But in regards to discussion:

The McDonalds looks amazing, it would be awesome if America did things like that, but alas...
It wouldn't be the first time some people have received their games early, my friend Dong (yes thats his real name) received his Halo 3 from the mail 4 days before it was on the street

Toonpenguin
09-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Alright from this post on I'll start sending you PM's,
1 thing though i got the time wrong and the pokemon sunday special is tonight at 6PM EST not 4AM ( i have no idea how i got the two mixed up)

Also play-asia is still preparing the orders for those who brought from them , it is believed that they won't ship the games till tomorrow (since thats the official release date)

1 day 17 hours to go

Zero Gravity
09-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Someone who got their copy early was nice enough to post pictures of the booklet, in particularly Gym Leaders!
Iris, the girl who joins Ash in Best Wishes is the Final Gym Leader!
WHAT A TWIST!
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/isshu-gym-leaders.jpg

EDIT:
In an odd twist of fate there are TWO final gym leaders: Iris and a man named Shaga as seen here:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/black-white/shaga.jpg

It appears Shaga is the final gym leader in White version, and Iris is the final gym leader in Black version as seen here
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/black-white/gym-leaders.jpg

also:

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/black-white/mom.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/black-white/badges.jpg
------------

EDIT:
There has been a massive update toward the game, I'm planning to update the topic later today, but for now.... I'm busy.....with....outside...things.... under a burning star.... with no air conditioner or internet.... not even wifi....

Toonpenguin
09-16-2010, 12:06 PM
sweet video. The whole opening to pokemon white it is sweet!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3VDOas438Q

just 1 more little piece of info

The trio monkeys are not able to be caught in either game. You can get one before your first battle with Dento/Pod/Koon. The one you can catch is the one that is STRONG against the gym leader's monkey.

this to me is sad :( I really wanted yanappu but since i'm choosing mijumaru i won't be able to which means the only way if you want the other monkeys is you have to trade

Update: You can check out all the pokemon for this generation here
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Zero Gravity
09-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Whats done is done, check out the link toon provided to see all the new Pokemon!

EagleEyes
09-16-2010, 03:33 PM
WATER GHOST! And a turtle! Electric ground :o

FIRE WATER!

Jubilee
09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
I more prefer the Ghost/Fire and Grass/Steel #ohdear

...I am slightly disappoint in some though

...and the ice types, all 3 of them, just make me sad #waterfall

Kate
09-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow.. The legends are TERRIBLE.. I only like Reshiram, Zekrom, and Keruido.

ALSO! Why is Pokabu's evolutions the only one to get two types? I think it should of just been Grass, Fire, and Water. No second types.

And, Jubi, I agree. The ice types disappointed me this generation..

Overall, I am disappointed with the Pokemon in this one.

Zero Gravity
09-20-2010, 03:43 AM
Seeing how Nintendo is on the legal bandwagon, an despite Black and White hitting a record 1 million (if not more) sale record. I took down the images of Black and White ahead of time to avoid Isshus. :awesome:

But I was able to update the front page with Black and White's Pokedex listings.

But onto the serious topic, and I will forever scorned for this, but I think this is by far.... the best Generation yet... o_o

I mean, Sinnoh looked silly when it first came out, i think once you take a few looks over the designs again.... and again... thy're really not bad. Quite frankly The only Pokemon I have trouble with are the 3 genie-pig looking Pokemon.

Kate
09-20-2010, 02:57 PM
I have trouble with a lot of them. I mean, some aren't that bad. Legends, as you know, I'm very disappointed in. To me, probably the worst legends in all of the five generations. On the positive side, I like Hitomoshi and its evolutions. Probably one I would like to keep in my party for a while.

Elk
09-23-2010, 04:09 PM
I like most of them, and I like that there are no old pokemon til after you finish the game. They should stick with that for future gens, it makes each game feel fresh and new.

soundbreaker
09-30-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm already pre-building a team:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/DocStrange/PokemonBWTEAM01.jpg
From left to right:
1 - Fire/Fighting
2 - Rock/Ground
3 - Flying/Psychic
4 - Water/Ground
5 - Steel/Dark
6 - Dragon/Electric

EagleEyes
09-30-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm already pre-building a team:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/DocStrange/PokemonBWTEAM01.jpg
From left to right:
1 - Fire/Fighting
2 - Rock/Ground
3 - Flying/Psychic
4 - Water/Ground
5 - Steel/Dark
6 - Dragon/Electric

Isn't the turtle water rock?

Jubilee
09-30-2010, 06:27 AM

Yes he is,
and I prefer the Holy Rock Raptor Jesus Bird myself...:awesome:

Jiraku
09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Does that mean, that i have to also buy the new 3Ds just to play Pokemon Black? does anyone knows No you do not. It will be a NDS game not a 3DS game... Also... I haven't played Pokemon in years but Heart Gold and Soul Silver started to drag me back in, and it looks like Black and White has completely sucked me back in... My name is Julian Clark and I'm getting Pokemon White when it comes out... My first Pokemon game since 2000 XD. I can't wait to get back in the swing of things... *Curls up into a ball from giddiness*

Toonpenguin
10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I beat the game , a little over a week ago, and it was great. I won't spoil anything. There is plenty to do after game, and since there is no vs. seeker there are certain areas in the game which have trainers you can re battle daily.
The random Wi-fi matches are great, are you can really learn alot from other players by doing so. I'd give white a 9.9 / 10 for 1 reason only. In the black version there is a shop where you can buy almost every type of evolutionary stone YET they removed that in the white verison which is just bizzare and is way to unfair IMO. and is too huge of a difference to go un-noticed

Also Soundbreaker not to burst your bubble but with your team you better make sure you have filler pokemon until you reach where you can get your pokemon cause some of them you can't obtain till late in the game, or they are only obtainable via trading or they are really rare to find. (I won't say which ones to stop spoils)

Also in japan on November 20th there released pokemon black and white DSi its just the DSi with reshieram and zekrom on them and comes with a copy of black or white (Depending on which Dsi you choose) its gonna cost 19,800 yen or 240 USD (this is just the translated price no official price as of yet). And its suppose to come out Spring 2011 everywhere else. Now this is not smart at all on nintendos part. They have the 3DS coming out in feburary which is gonna cost 300 dollars. Now by releaseing another DSi around the same time on year is just insane and will probably hurt the sales.

Also the Pokemon-gl.com is amazing, currently at this post the dream world feature isn't up but right now you can download skins for your C-gear which is amazing

Zero Gravity
10-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Well if soundbreaker is promoting his team, then I shall too

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/ZGMFX23S/ZeroTeam.png
#1: Grass
#2: Electric
#3: Ghost/Fire
#4: Rock/Flying
#5: Electric/Bug
#6: Dark/Dragon

Jubilee
10-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Zero's is quite similar to mine...
I gave them their own names...Since I think they are more fun this way.

#1 - You're Looking Good, Just Like a Snake in the Grass...One of these Days You're going to Break New Glass
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll6/hyperdragon001/Avatars/Jarooda20Front.gif
#2 - Holy Rock Raptor Jesus Bird -(He is my favorite so far...MVP of my E4 run through fo sho)
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/14/567.png
#3 - Blue Karate Man
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/539.png
#4 - Ghost Chandelier With Purple Fire
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e5/609.png
#5 - Sarcophagus Ghost Man Who Turns Out to Not be Half Rock...#seiba
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ea/563.png
#6 - Grass Queen Lady (Although I played through Black first...I am getting White when it comes out over stateside...the cottonball is lame -_-)
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/84/549.png

...Also, Hypno Beaver or some kind of Chipmunk was my HM Slave.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0b/504.png

Toonpenguin
10-08-2010, 05:04 PM
This was the team i used for the main game play (includes pokemon i later replaced 0

1) Mijumaru /evolution forms
2) Tabunne
3)Boappu/ Replaced later on with darumkka/ replaced later on by Hitmoshi
4)Churine + evolution Doderia (I highly recommend Doderia to anyone who does not choose tsuaja as there starter and who has white )
5)BaniPuuchi + Evolutions
6)Nageki/ Replaced later on by ShinPora(Death Fighter)/ replaced by washibon (HM slave + death fighter)

So for the most of the game i really only 5 pokemon since the 6th pokemon was usually a HM slave/ death fighter
Also Washibon + Wargle are exlusive to white just thought i'd add that in.

@Jubi you can get Churine and its evoution Doderia after game. I'll send you a PM so that i don't spoil it on the forums

soundbreaker
10-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Lol, I've started a trend.
Oh yeah... still gonna use it.

Also - Special edition DSI models released for Black & White:
http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/BWPokemonNintendoDSi.jpg

Rhetorical Gamer
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Man these new starters better look awesome

Toonpenguin
10-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Its sad that nintendo hasn't released the movie celebi and the crown beast. Because zorua/zoroak is amazing. There ability is insane and can trick the opponent and zoroak's stats are just insane 120 base special attack and 105 speed is insane. Combine that with moves like fake tears which sharply lowers the opponents spe.Def. and powerful moves like focus blast zoroak is just devastating

Rhetorical Gamer
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM
woah what is this powerful pokemon you speak of??

Toonpenguin
10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
woah what is this powerful pokemon you speak of??

this is the pokemon i'm talking about

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/571.shtml

Zero Gravity
10-19-2010, 05:59 AM
He's even more powerful when he goes Super Sayian 3
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/ZGMFX23S/SS3Zoroark.png

Zero Gravity
11-19-2010, 08:54 PM
LIVE TOPIC! LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

This Monday the English names of the three starter Pokemon (Tsutarja, Pokabu and Mijumaru) will be revealed!
Keep an eye out!

http://pokebeach.com/news/1110/black-white-starter-names-coming.jpg

Kate
11-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Twenty says they're fail names.

Jubilee
11-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Snake in the Grass

BBQ

Wotter

So Jubi has said it, so it must be done. #cool

Zero Gravity
11-20-2010, 07:14 AM
It doesn't matter what their names will be frankly, they will always be "Excalibur" "Porkchop" and "Sadface" to me

CrisisCoreXR3
11-20-2010, 10:04 AM
No big fan of the Pokemon franchise (don't kill me please) ... however these games look half decent. anyone know if they are coming out on PSPGO because I don't have money for a DS, although i do want one. I will most likely really get into them if they turn into a RTS game like starcaft or age of empires but only controlling a single character.

Camajak
11-20-2010, 10:16 AM
No big fan of the Pokemon franchise (don't kill me please) ... however these games look half decent. anyone know if they are coming out on PSPGO because I don't have money for a DS, although i do want one. I will most likely really get into them if they turn into a RTS game like starcaft or age of empires but only controlling a single character.
They won't come out on the PSP ever, they're Nintendo, they'll only be on the DS... I thought that was an established rule of gaming. XD

Zero Gravity
11-20-2010, 02:07 PM
EDIT:
The English names for the Isshu... sorry Unova Starters are now revealed:

- Grass-type Tsutarja: Snivy (Snake + Ivy)
- Fire-type Pokabu: Tepig (Tepid + Pig)
- Water-type Mijumaru: Oshawott (??? + Otter)
- Isshu region: Unova Region

------------

They won't come out on the PSP ever, they're Nintendo, they'll only be on the DS... I thought that was an established rule of gaming. XD

lol, only on main franchise

Pokemon black and white is registered to the company of Nintendo, not a 3rd party, to purchase the game for the companies console would not only not be in Nintendo's interest but would also ruin the mechanics, especially if they want people to keep buying/playing when the 3DS comes out. You have a better chance of them release the GBA games on the PSN Network then for Nintendo to let the PSP get a version of black/white

but editing the topic, I'm going to update the front page with some Sugimori artwork and details regarding the Cloud Trio (Thornelos, Voltolos, and Landlos) and the Three Musketeers (Cobalon, Terrkion, and Virizion but not Keldo).

Also the Nintendo Tournaments for Nintendo's Pokemon World Qualifier, these are rules for Japan (since they are the only ones with Black and White), these tournaments will qualify you to play in the Worlds 2010 at the Pokemon World Championship TCG and VG tournament in San Diego.

The rules are roughly the same no specific legends/pseudo legends, no item swaps, but here they are:

- Only Pokemon from Isshu can be used (excluding Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genosect).

- Each match is a double battle, though the amount of Pokemon each player will use in a match is not mentioned. It might be bring six Pokemon and use four in each match like in the past.

- Pokemon should be Level 50. Pokemon higher than that will be lowered to 50, but Pokemon Level 49 and below will remain the same level.

- You can't use duplicate Pokemon or Items.

- You can't change your Pokemon, Items, etc. during the tournament.

Kate
11-27-2010, 07:51 AM
LOL! Those names are so stupid, they had me cracking up! XD

Zero Gravity
11-27-2010, 03:05 PM
LOL! Those names are so stupid, they had me cracking up! XD
Hey hey hey, Snivy sounds awesome once it rolls off your tongue

Kate
11-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Hey hey hey, Snivy sounds awesome once it rolls off your tongue

Snivy is okay, but the rest just fail. Well, guess what I'm gonna rename "Oshawott" to. :awesome:

EagleEyes
11-28-2010, 03:32 AM
Oshawott, I choose you!

Zero Gravity
11-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Rejoice people! The release date for Pokemon Black and White is....

MARCH 6TH 2011

in 2-3 weeks following they're planning to have a US release date for the Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo is looking for big bucks that month).
here are SOME of the new changes:

Professor Araragi: Professor Juniper
Hiun City: Castelia City
Chillarmy: Minccino
Gigaith: Gigalith
Munna: Munna
Hihidaruma: Darmanitan
Meguroc: Sandile
Mamepato: Pidove
Shimama: Blitzle
Gear: Klink
Encourage ability: Sheer Force
Overconfidence ability: Moxie
Pigeon Heart ability: Big Pecks
Sweep Slap attack: Tail Slap
Wild Bolt attack: Wild Charge
Telekinesis attack: Telekinesis

Good news everyone! The release dates for Black and White are as followed:

US - March 6th
Europe - March 4th
Australia - March 10th

Jubilee
01-14-2011, 09:54 PM
I can't wait for more info. Thanks for keeping us updated Zero :awesome:

Zero Gravity
01-14-2011, 10:15 PM
A leaked list of the english names of pokemon from Black and White, the list does NOT include Kerudio (the 4th Musketeer), Meloetta, or Genosect (The Mewtwo/Deoxys/Arceus)

If you are unsure which Pokemon is which, refer to the Black and White dex here on Serebii http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

#494 - Victini
#495 - Snivy
#496 - Servine
#497 - Serperior
#498 - Tepig
#499 - Pignite
#500 - Emboar
#501 - Oshawott
#502 - Dewott
#503 - Samurott
#504 - Patrat
#505 - Watchog
#506 - Lillipup
#507 - Herdier
#508 - Stoutland
#509 - Purrloin
#510 - Liepard
#511 - Pansage
#512 - Simisage
#513 - Pansear
#514 - Simisear
#515 - Panpour
#516 - Simipour
#517 - Munna
#518 - Musharna
#519 - Pidove
#520 - Tranquill
#521 - Unfezant
#522 - Blitzle
#523 - Zebstrika
#524 - Roggenrola
#525 - Boldore
#526 - Gigalith
#527 - Woobat
#528 - Swoobat
#529 - Drilbur
#530 - Excadrill
#531 - Audino
#532 - Timburr
#533 - Gurdurr
#534 - Conkeldurr
#535 - Tympole
#536 - Palpitoad
#537 - Seismitoad
#538 - Throh
#539 - Sawk
#540 - Sewaddle
#541 - Swadloon
#542 - Leavanny
#543 - Venipede
#544 - Whirlipede
#545 - Scolipede
#546 - Cottonee
#547 - Whimsicott
#548 - Petilil
#549 - Lilligant
#550 - Basculin
#551 - Sandile
#552 - Krokorok
#553 - Krookodile
#554 - Darumaka
#555 - Darmanitan
#556 - Maractus
#557 - Dwebble
#558 - Crustle
#559 - Scraggy
#560 - Scrafty
#561 - Sigilyph
#562 - Yamask
#563 - Cofagrigus
#564 - Tirtouga
#565 - Carracosta
#566 - Archen
#567 - Archeops
#568 - Trubbish
#569 - Garbodor
#570 - Zorua
#571 - Zoroark
#572 - Minccino
#573 - Cinccino
#574 - Gothita
#575 - Gothorita
#576 - Gothitelle
#577 - Solosis
#578 - Duosion
#579 - Reuniclus
#580 - Ducklett
#581 - Swanna
#582 - Vanillite
#583 - Vanillish
#584 - Vanilluxe
#585 - Deerling
#586 - Sawsbuck
#587 - Emolga
#588 - Karrablast
#589 - Escavalier
#590 - Foongus
#591 - Amoonguss
#592 - Frillish
#593 - Jellicent
#594 - Alomomola
#595 - Joltik
#596 - Galvantula
#597 - Ferroseed
#598 - Ferrothorn
#599 - Klink
#600 - Klang
#601 - Klinklang
#602 - Tynamo
#603 - Eelektrik
#604 - Eelektross
#605 - Elgyem
#606 - Beheeyem
#607 - Litwick
#608 - Lampent
#609 - Chandelure
#610 - Axew
#611 - Fraxure
#612 - Haxorus
#613 - Cubchoo
#614 - Beartic
#615 - Cryogonal
#616 - Shelmet
#617 - Accelgor
#618 - Stunfisk
#619 - Mienfoo
#620 - Mienshao
#621 - Druddigon
#622 - Golett
#623 - Golurk
#624 - Pawniard
#625 - Bisharp
#626 - Bouffalant
#627 - Rufflet
#628 - Braviary
#629 - Vullaby
#630 - Mandibuzz
#631 - Heatmor
#632 - Durant
#633 - Deino
#634 - Zweilous
#635 - Hydreigon
#636 - Larvesta
#637 - Volcarona
#638 - Cobalion
#639 - Terrakion
#640 - Virizion
#641 - Tornadus
#642 - Thundurus
#643 - Reshiram
#644 - Zekrom
#645 - Landorus
#646 - Kyurem

Kate
01-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Good! At least they kept Reshiram and Zekrom.

Ryoji_Kun
01-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Not bad, im looking forward to this ;P

Zero Gravity
02-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Letting everyone know that the Arceus Event is happening now!
Anyone who has a Dream World account
http://en.pokemon-gl.com/

Just enter the code "ARCEUSVOTE" to receive your Arceus, you have until May 1st to claim him.

Also while I'm on the subject:

HAPPY BURFDAY MEWTWO!

if your an anyone, you'll know in the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow games, a diary can be found in pokemon Mansion that details the experiments made to create Mewtwo, one diary in particular states "feb 6th, Mew gave birth, we named it Mewtwo"
Happy Birthday to possibly one of the best Legends alive!