PDA

View Full Version : What Anime has freaked you out?

cj16bit
02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
This thread is to post the anime that freaked you out and why did it freack you out

The anime that did that for me was School Days. Why school days cause i was just starting to watch anime and had watched before Onegai series and Kanon 2006 so when i went to watch this i though it had the same mood and was never warned. But when i finished watching it it left me more scarred than watching a Uwe Boll movie. After this incident i now have to check every anime before watching and still cannot watch school days.

Zero Gravity
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
School Days was AWESOME you n00b! >(

Neon Genesis Evangelion, It made no sense whatsoever, that my brain went in an emergency shutdown, in which I couldn't remember anything, I was so scared

cj16bit
02-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Again had started just watching anime that was like 2 years ago lol im not a noob now

victorious0702
02-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Aoi bungaku, Aki Sora, School Days, NGE (made me ask myself wth is this), Trapeze all freaked me out.

G U R U
02-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Aoi bungaku, Aki Sora, School Days, NGE (made me ask myself wth is this), Trapeze all freaked me out.
Why would Aki-Sora freak you out? It's just the standard cross dressing incest hentai. Nothin scary about that :biggrin:

But in all seriousness, I found School Days to be hilarious.

EagleEyes
02-07-2010, 12:58 AM
When I first watched bleach because 5 minutes in I saw this.

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/7926/sfutureiz2.png

Oni
02-07-2010, 04:12 AM
Yozakura Quartet. Why? It was so horribly cliqued and bad. I believe it was also the second anime I reviewed in my 'career', of course it isn't uploaded anywhere due to how bad it was.

victorious0702
02-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Why would Aki-Sora freak you out? It's just the standard cross dressing incest hentai. Nothin scary about that :biggrin:

But in all seriousness, I found School Days to be hilarious.

Aki Sora is not the standard incest anime. It freaked me out that it is classified as an anime and not as a hentai, and based on manga it only gets worse than what has aired already...

And for School Days i just gotta say 1 thing.
Nice boat.

I have seen worse than Yozakura Quartet though, at least Yozakura seemed like it would be decent at least for a little bit. White Album now on the other hand left you no doubt that it was horri-bad.

Sheep
02-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I used to be afraid of Higurashi due to my friend showing me all the bad scenes and clips with blood and what not.

Now I happen to love the "When they Cry" series (both Higurashi and Umineko)

SaiQ
02-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Does hentai count? If so then the sickest and freakiest anime I've ever saw is Bondage Game. Definitely not something to watch for viewers with light stomach.

Cameron
02-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Higurashi. I was shaking for days after I watched.

toyNN
02-12-2010, 10:32 PM
For me its Now and Then, Here and There - Its a lot tamer than the ones you all are posting but it was way darker than I'd expected and had its intense/sick moments but still excellent....Lala-Ru..where are you..Lala-Ru...

Drago142222
02-14-2010, 09:32 AM
I agree school days freaked me out also

S....Bop
02-15-2010, 07:37 PM
When I first watched bleach because 5 minutes in I saw this.

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/7926/sfutureiz2.png

What’s so bad about Orihime's future as a giant mecha that shoots missiles from her breasts.

I must say that all though I love higurashi it was quite disturbing. And due to this thread I quickly watched a few bits and pieces of school day and i can safely say that it is disturbing and at the same time pisses me off ...errrr love triangles yuck, it ruins the crazy violent dying that occurs. :mad:

Jubilee
04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Higurashi. I was shaking for days after I watched.

I loved that one....but yeah, it was fur-eek-ay! O.O...Well maybe that's the wrong word...moreso disturbing I suppose.

King Slazo
05-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the NHK

Starts off weird in a funny way, then continues to get more and more disturbed as the series progresses.

ZshadowX
05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Well, When they cry did give me a creepy feeling
but now Im going to try School days, sounds like a moe anime :P

hounddog
05-02-2010, 02:53 PM
For me its Now and Then, Here and There - Its a lot tamer than the ones you all are posting but it was way darker than I'd expected and had its intense/sick moments but still excellent....Lala-Ru..where are you..Lala-Ru...

I absolutely agree...that one went in a direction I wasn't at all expecting! I think having a cast of almost all children (who are believably children, not loli-children) makes it even more disturbing.

Llian
05-02-2010, 11:22 PM
NGE gave me a mind rape out of this world, I haven't seen an anime since that could top it.

Zero Gravity
05-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Seikon no Qwaser..... its just...... different...

Elc1247
05-04-2010, 02:55 AM
NGE gave me a mind rape out of this world, I haven't seen an anime since that could top it.

i would agree to an extent... its really hard to follow exactly whats going on in NGE, though what really killed the series for me is Shinji's constant b****ing and moaning. being all emo and junk... I just feel like reaching my hand through the screen and slapping him.

Rish
05-04-2010, 10:53 AM
I was a big fan of Evangelion, though I do see where lots of people don't get it. Lots of awkward philosophical questions. I was fortunate enough to watch it and have a philosophy teacher who was into it and we could talk about it.
Dead Leaves is an acip trip of an Anime. I have seen it a few times and still get confused.

twillÿ
05-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Nurse Witch Komugi was pretty random and made me make this face while watching... o.O

Not exactly a horrific kind of freak out, like you all have posted about, but it made me say wtf a few times. :rolleyes:

-twillÿ.

Kergeros
05-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Higurashi made me snap a little inside. I remember reading it while listening to this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_411G29lfy4) Now whenever I listen to that song I start laughing out of the blue. And it's not the haha funny kind of laugh.

sawall
06-25-2010, 09:20 PM
End of evangelion.... even now i try to understand what on earth it is and my brain still cries a bit... that and one from when i was younger... Guyver, seeing all that violence after watching stuff like pokemon and cardcaptor sakura was a slight shock to the system :-P#dowant

Tyto
06-25-2010, 11:49 PM
There really aren't any freaky anime out there. For some of the more obvious reasons concerning standards for public broadcasting, none of the graphic manga ever get animated, and of all the graphically explicit titles out there most are just cheap guro slashers reaching out at a shallow niche interest group. A few toned down titles have gotten by on poorly written melodrama and stylized violence in favor of truly brutal imagery: cheap sensationalized garbage like Higurashi and Elfin Lied.

The closest thing to disturbing me without crossing the border into sexual gross outs might be MPD Psycho, and even that was really just squick factor. Not to mention it was a pretty bold leap in pushing content limits in a shounen magazine back in the 90s. I'll never understand who in Shounen Ace's editorial department thought it was a good idea in the first place.

But if we count X-rated squick overload as fair grounds though there are quite a number of independent adult titles I could name that've rattled my cage the first time through. Still, even those kinds of things are pretty easy to get used to.

Zaig
01-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Kanokon: its extreme ecchiness
Shakugan no Shana: for the sibling incest and their sloppy kisses--why THIS in an action anime?
School Days: its protagonist
Ookami Kakushi: for the end--weirdest final episode I've ever seen before in the horror genre

moonhawk81
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
No anime that I've watched has freaked me out, but when I took the boys to see Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, my 19-year-old (what, 17 then?) had nightmares for weeks because of the music...

Gatx
01-24-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't really get freaked out by any of the horror/gore-y anime. It kind of loses its impact when its drawn.

Trapeze though, I was seriously weirded out.

Oh and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica from this season, episode 3. Its all bubbly happy magical girl and then THAT happens. If I watched it when was younger I'd be traumatized.