PDA

View Full Version : How'd you decide on your nickname(on the forums)

Toonpenguin
01-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Ok we got into the IRC about how you got your nickname and this is the thread for it

So how'd you decide on your nickname?

For me i was in 7th grade, still in yugioh at the time. I had found a game called dragonfable and was thinking of a name to sign up. So i was like hmm well my favorite yugioh monster are the toon monster. So i was like hmm toon what . Well i had just saw a commerical on animal planet for penguins and i was like ah-ha Toonpenguin. And since them i've always used toonpenguin as my username/nickname

So how did you come up with your nickname

Kibs
01-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Back in the day I was into naruto, it was the first anime I watched, my favorite character was kiba, I used a derivative of that for my forum name back when NarutoMania was still around, it eventually got shortened to Kibs, since people called me that for short, I believe it was started by Rei, but made popular by KTA and Juno.

Yes, seriously.

Bonediddly
01-29-2010, 03:05 PM
My friend randomly started calling me this. Yeah.

Shadowblade Edge
01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I thought it was cool when I was 13. I was, in fact, wrong, as it's clearly dumb as hell, but it's an old habit, so I continue to use it.

Oni
01-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Back when I was 11 and really just starting to get into anime I was pretty much a weaboo. Naturally, to come up with an 'original' username, I went to a English to Japanese dictionary.

I searched up two words, demon (Oni) and field (bokusu). So, naturally, I just combined the words together without another thought. Over the years I've kinda just stuck with it, eventually just getting rid of 'bokusu' altogether.

Other versions of it include: iOni, iOniV2, OniXera, Onicept.

mitamaking
01-29-2010, 03:49 PM
My old user name was specialMark, but when I signed up for webtv for the second time I couldn't use it so I had to come up with something new. I had just finished Blue Seed so I decided Mitama King.

And I have never run into someone else using the name, no numbers for me.

ace8489
01-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I thought Ace sounded cool but everyone has ace already so I had to do something to make it my own so I added the day I was born.

Chris
01-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Believe it or not, it really wasn't that difficult.

Usually I go by "ChrisBaker41" 41 being my hockey number, but every so often I'm lucky enough to come by a forum where just "Chris" isn't being used.

moonhawk81
01-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Moonhawk was the name I took upon joining the Craft "officially." 81 has been my favorite number since I began school--it was the number of the very first bus that took me daily from the cows on the dairy to the wonders of books and other kids my age. . .

Kate
01-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, it wasn't that hard. Kate is my actual name. Well, not my full, but short.

Rocco
01-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Rocco is my actual name.

Zero Gravity
01-29-2010, 10:02 PM
in short:
http://www.vgblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/Games/SonicRidersZeroGravity/SonicRidersZeroGravityDec2007/Sonic%20Riders%20Zero%20Gravity%20Wii%20Box%20Art. jpg

Llian
01-29-2010, 11:08 PM
The username I came up with is apart of my middle name. I didn't like the first part of it (I do now though) so I cut it off and stuck with Llian. In some cases I'd use Lia.

EagleEyes
01-30-2010, 06:44 AM
It began in year 12 biology in a discussion that the Kracken from Pirates of the Caribean was at the top of every food chain. Then we decided that an eagle could beat the kracken.

Then I watched Lord of the Rings were Aragorn says "Legolas what do your elf eyes see". To Which I thought Legolas with an eagles eyes could beat the Kracken.

Yeah. Thats the actuall story.........

Lesserpawn
01-30-2010, 11:52 AM
My name just describes me pretty well, a lesser form of the most worthless piece on a chess board.

Shin_No_Kokoro
01-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Well my name Derives from Shin which can mean gentleman and Kokoro which is heart the No was thrown in there for the lulz

Tewy
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
hey shin it kinda sound like gentleman no heart!! LOL! As for nickname i had that since elementary school so yea all my friends call me Tewy or Chewy. wasn't allowed to choose cause of shin( he wouldn't let me pick T_T he scary )

rivetKEH
01-31-2010, 03:00 PM
rivet is derived from one of my favorite words. KEH is a sound I used to make back in California when I was thinking how retarded someone was acting. I didn't notice it before but my friend made me aware of my little sound.

Marpolo 1991
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
My user name came from the fact that from kindergarten all the way to Senior year people kept calling me Marco Polo, naturally that go really old really fast and my friends would come up with different things to instead of Polo, like Polio (which i don't get) or another thigh which i don't really want to say on the forums. One friend just called me Po. Anyway Freshman year when creating my account I decided why not shorten it and save me some time on the teasing, which is where Marpolo came from. 1991 is the year I was Born. And I use it for most of my user names for various thing, mainly because i am unimaginative.

MaxDagger
02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
My user is very simple. When I was in middle I wanted to draw or doodle for the sheer fun of it. When I was drawing. I came up with my character Max Dagger after I came up with some sketches of him. Sadly I don't have many, but you can see them here. www.maxdagger.deviantart.com I will start posting some picks soon. Just here and there doing some stuff. Also playing mabinogi non stop. x.x

cj16bit
02-04-2010, 12:57 AM
My user name came from the first letter of my names CJ and since that name is always taken everywhere my friend suggested 16bit since he knows im a big snes fan and ive had the name for years

Mollybibbles
03-06-2010, 04:31 PM
This one time, at duel camp... no wait. This one time at ballet camp about two years ago, I killed my knee and couldn't perform so I spent the last two weeks with the American Ballet Theater mentors, hobbling along, watching anime and having a grand ol' time. By the end of the program all of the mentors called me anything from House to Mollybibbles.... So it was either that or House. One can guess which I would prefer. "bibbles" just kinda stuck I guess. Not entirely sure why >.>

deadlymustach50
03-06-2010, 10:17 PM
it started when i got my xbox, and i was deciding on a gamertag to use. My friend, who was with me at the time to help me set up my xbox, had a gamertag with deadly in the beginning of his, so there was the start.

Im really into the Mario series, so i included the mustache, but someone already had deadlymustache.
So i added 50 which was my soccer number, and had to delete the e of the stache to fit it in the gamertag.

And deadlymustach50 was born, and now you know... the rest of the story.

Sheep
03-07-2010, 10:30 AM
My name's just a shorten copy of a username I use for a different site

I go by Mentally ILL Sheep on a different site, and that was from me liking the phrase "Your mentally ill! " from Trapeze

But I do love sheep =w= so I use it as a short name for things

Aravyre
03-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Aravyre, its a nick I randomly generated for usage in an mmorpg a while back, and it stuck every since then, and appears in all mmos I play now xD

Hakuro de Killer
03-08-2010, 06:25 PM
For the prefix, I thought it up a long time ago when I was a huge weaboo and I was like "Why not combine the romaji for White and Black together into something cool sounding? So basically, Haku + Kuro = Hakuro. Later, I found out that 'Hakuro' was romaji for morning dew, so I was like "Okay, that doesn't sound TERRIBAD, so I'll keep it."

As for the suffix, it's a tribute to my favorite Phoenix Wright character, Shelly de Killer.

Tempest Wind
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh, boy...

So back in late 2003 I decided to make my second account on gaiaonline. I wanted to be explore roleplaying more naughtyish characters (in what my innocent mind deemed naughty. Flirty perhaps? Evil/flirty?). So I wanted a nice dramatic name that summarized all the tumultuous.... stuff... and things. Emotions? Behavioral patterns? Whatever.

I sat with dictionary.com for a good couple of hours before I came across the word "Tempest." I thought, "Whoa, that would be an AWESOME name!" The definition of a tempest is a violent windstorm, and honestly part of the reason why I wanted to have this character was to be more unhinged and yell at idiots when I feel like it. ^^;;

But Tempest was already taken. So I went, "Uhhhh.... thinkfast.... WIND." Tempest Wind.

I found that I rather enjoyed letting loose and saying whatever was on my mind, so Tempest became my preferred avatar. Then it became my preferred internet name. It's the name I use for everything except certain RP forums, for some random reason.

Tempest has grown a considerable amount, and I no longer use her name to flame trolls and such, but she does express that I have a more tumultuous side. =) Ooooh, poetic.

Yeah, or I just thought it was purdy.

Drago142222
03-09-2010, 12:41 AM
i like Dragons but everyone uses the name dragon so i thought i would take away the n

helixD
03-09-2010, 08:31 AM
I thought I would make a website called helix-designs back in 2003, never panned out but the username stuck. I hate it, so I shortened it to helixD.

Itachi0970
03-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Well, itachi means weasel...

Yeah, j/k. First forum I ever joined was a Naruto forum. Never bothered to change anything.
0970 doesn't really mean anything.

bemused_Bohemian
03-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Back when dinosaurs were still sighted roaming the Kansas prairie aka before you were likely born...bohemian was an NYC term I heard describing someone socially hip above the beatniks during the '60's era. So, what the heck, why not? More uplifting than "better off dead" or someone who IDs with objects. Bemused is my usual state of mind at this stage of the game. After all, I am older than dirt.

XIamSogekingX
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
My progression of screen names is as followed: sparx60407,Xplayman2541, SergeantRickJames, and finally XIamSogekingX. I have no idea about the numbers but sparx is from Spyro the dragon, Xplayman is from my love for the early days of X-Play, SergeantRickJames stems from my love of sergeant type characters and Rick James is from watching the Rick James bit. Now here is the origin of XIamSogekingX.

One Piece has been one of my favorite animes and the character of Usopp had always interested me because he used his wits instead of relying on brute strength to solve his problems. When he created his super hero personality, Sogeking, I just thought it was the greatest thing ever. It also connects with what video games I play. When I wasn't playing an RPG, I normally played a sniper in an FPS. I always liked sneaking around and trying to out smart your opponent. So I always considered myself a Sogeking and at the same time a fan of the superhero too.

The Xs at each end were just for flair. The I am stems from saying Sogeking with pride. Being able to say I AM SOGEKING is so awesome and it's sort of copied from the University I attend because their big thing is...We Are Marshall. Just being able to say it with pride.

TehScribbles
03-17-2010, 10:10 AM
My dad's nick name is Skribby, my brother's name is Binski, my nick name is Scribbles. It's kind of like a family thing actually. And my teachers started calling me it. Kinda creepy actually.

Cerulaine
03-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Well...Cerulaine is derived from Cerulean my favorite color and an Irish goddess Aine (Or Anya but Aine is better)

I do not happen to be Irish, I'm mostly Norwegian but I thought of the name and wondered if it had any meaning and found an Irish goddess. :lol:

Soon after I made it my sister commented on how she thought I combined my first and middle name which would make you lulz if you knew my first and middle name. :biggrin:

The Eternal Scholar
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Well, I had several old screen/nicknames that didn't really fit me. One day I was reading a philosophy book, and my friend said "You're quite the scholar aren't you?". This got me thinking. And one day while playing Tales of Symphonia, I had just gotten the title Eternal Swordsman. That's where I got the idea to make my name The Eternal Scholar, since The Eternal Swordsman would probably get me yelled at or people wouldn't get the reference. So I just made something original. =D

Colorado Avalanche
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Mine is very simple, my favorite hockey team in the entire NHL.

And the best team in the whole league =D

Force-A-Nature
03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Force-a-Nature= FaN

Nerdy TF2 thing.

Elk
03-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Mine is very simple, my favorite hockey team in the entire NHL.

And the best team in the whole league =D

Sorry, after Roy left that title went back to the Montreal Canadians.

Anyways, Elk once stood for EvilLaughKid(and if you frequented the BnG IRC chat, ElectricLizardKing), I got it in Gr. 6 at the local uni's anime club. After my first viewing of AYBABTU I nearly died of laughter, multiple times, and thanks to my mom's side of the family, when I REALLY get going I have a very unique laugh. So I was known as "The Evil Laughing Kid/Guy" so I ran with it. But once I stopped being a "Kid" I just kept ELK and turned it into a regular name. The Anarcho is an optional modifier because I'm an anarchist, and to diffirentiate more between me and Elc (whose name comes from Arc the Lad I believe)

machetecat
03-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Back when I was on gaia, my friends and I would chose weapons to "kill" trolls and such on our threads with, and I always went with machete, since it was a bit unusual and it's a funny word. Then I saw one of the AMV hells with the Azumanga Daioh kitties singing "I am the one and only" with their sharp teeth shining and such, and it made laugh and jump at the same time. I loved it so much, a new nickname was born.

My other online nickname is Kyoko, which long story short, I was a weeabo when I was 14, and I looked through a list of Japanese names until I found one I liked enough to use as a nickname. It's been 8-9 years since, and after all that time it's all but become my second name now. ^ ^;

Camajak
03-18-2010, 04:22 PM
When I was roughly 10 years old, I was REALLY into Neopets. So, I wanted to create a reaaaallly original name, something that sounded cool.
After a few tries, I came up with Cama, I think from the series with the girl with a photographic memory they call Cam? I don't remember the series. Ahaha.
Anyway, I had that. then, I kinda screwed around with random letters, and I came up with Cama-Jack.
There's at least 7 Acara Neopets (My favorite Neopet) Floating around with variations of this name.
Eventually, I dropped the hyphen and the c. So, Camajak was born! Kinda goes along with my real name, which is Jamilyn. LOL. And it's fun that Camajak isn't found ANYWHERE on the internet, unless it's from me. Cama is even difficult to find. :)
Anyway, that's how I got my username, which I use almost everywhere, and it's stuck for roughly 7 years now ^.^

soundbreaker
03-19-2010, 09:27 AM
It's my rap name, I use it everywhere.

In the early days of network gaming I used to go by PYRO, but when that got old I switched to Mr.E. Nowadays it's just Breaker.

Aero
03-27-2010, 09:58 PM
I usually have a different handle for every site. After a bit of a wake up call, I decided to pick a new one and stick with it across different sites, forums, and communities for a number of reasons. As to why I picked Aero... well... I had this nifty avatar that I cut out of a large picture sitting around and figured it would be a good name for him. Plus it sounds cool (or at least not totally lame >.>;).

Lite
03-28-2010, 01:22 AM
I've always used a variation of LitespeedEXE, originally Lightspeed-EXE, then slowly shortened down. This is the first time I could get my forum name as short as Lite, so I rolled with it.

ZshadowX
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I use Three of my fav. character names

Zero-Mega Man Zero
Shadow-Shadow the Hedgehog
X- Megaman X

and i just combine them and got ZshadowX

Jubilee
05-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I've often used it as my characters names in mmo's (Jubiley if I can't spell it right).
One of my favorite X-men, she shoots out fireworks.
Wow -> I play a Priest -> they gave us penance -> looks like fireworks -> hello, Jubi!
Plus, it means to show great joy or satisfaction...and I consider myself an upbeat person! Happiness makes life worth living and all that jazz. #kiratroll

Kergeros
05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Been using this for years now. It holds a lot of meaning to me. And yes, it's a typo, but I keep it that way. (The correct way would be Kerberos, which is the greek name for the giant three-headed dog that guards the entrance to the underworld. Also the name of a character in Card Captor Sakura.)

Tyto
05-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Tytonidae is one of the two broader families of owls(the other being Strigidae). More specifically Tyto subspecies barn owls are identified by distinctly heart shaped faces or "masks" and are often called masked owls. I'm a late night kind of guy with a history of insomnia, so I've been called a nightowl, but I thought "Night Owl" was a little too straight forward for a username, and since the iconic barn owl face makes for a nice, simple, monochrome logo to use as an avatar, "Tyto" I became.

Elc1247
05-04-2010, 02:57 AM
this username has stuck with me for a long time. came all the way from an old PS1 game.

Rish
05-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Mine has been my nickname for years since all of my IRL friends refer to me as it. I'm actually more known as Rish than my real name.

Aniki
05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
This is my first time using this nick. And, well, I'm probably older than almost all of you, and you should listen to your nii-chan.

twillÿ
05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
According to google, 'Twilly' is some character off of a free-mmo called AQ.

According to me, I made it up. :wink: I added the special character, 'ÿ' when I couldn't name my Gnome Rogue on Wow, Twilly...thus began, twillÿ. It's become my alter ego for years now and I go by this as much as I do my real name. ^^ ((I also don't CAPS it on forums for some reason, go figure.))

So there you go. My deep dark persona secret. >.<

-twillÿ.

FDSuprema
05-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I've had a couple names before my current Username... I created this one a loooooong time ago back when I was first signing up for that old Hot Wheels site that doesn't exist anymore, PlanetHotwheels, by combining the word Super with my last name. The FD was added when I started going by Fierce Deity Suprema, but was too long for some sites, so I shortened it to FDSuprema.

My actual Nickname, Ed, happened when I joined a megaman fansite, two years ago. A friend of mine on that site, back then he was more of an acquaintance, thought my username was too long, so he started calling me Ed, and it caught on with the rest of my friends. Even my family calls me Ed now, despite my actual name being Jordan.

soundbreaker
05-17-2010, 06:35 AM
And, well, I'm probably older than almost all of you...

I'll take that challenge, I was born in '86. ;-)

Sandgolem
05-18-2010, 10:05 AM
I was born in 84 :3

Cyrus
05-18-2010, 11:51 AM
yeah, mines from the bible sounds cool to me

Bonediddly
05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
yeah, mines from the bible sounds cool to me
No one less than the King of Persia, my friend.

zaburai
05-21-2010, 08:49 AM
I came up with my name by accident >_< I actually forgot Zabuza's name was Zabuza and Zaburai was born...

Capensis
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
I am an infallible gunner of love. Yeah that's it. Me and my friends were watching Arad Senkai: Slap Up Party and they decided I was like the gunner so they have called me that ever since. I have been the Gunner of Love for 2 years now....

aztez
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Mine came from FFXI i just kept hitting random till i saw one I liked which took about an hour or so and I still didn't like the i finally picked so I changed the s to a z and then added another z, and I've now had the name for a few years now.

Louis6507
07-06-2010, 05:59 PM
My username beats all others....if the contest was for lack of creativity. -_-||| It's simply my first name with random numbers since Louis is a common name. ^_^;;;

It's professional enough to use on all of the forums I'm a member of so that if anyone knows me on any of the other 10-15 forums I post to in a given week, they can recognize me.

I used to go by "Anime6507" from Jr. High to Sr. High...I still even use my original AIM account with that screen name. lol But...it got a little weird as I grew up...not like I'm old or anything....but, after being an ESL teacher for so many years in Asia.........my students would tease me about a screen name like that, and I switched to this variation ever since.

So, it's a long story, as you can see, but very uncreative. ^_~

Catilena1890
07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
This one time, at Band Camp

Nah, lol. JK.

So, Catilena was the name of my imaginary friend, a giant, 8 foot tall cat with 8 arms, eye stalks+ regular eyes, a tail blade, and birdy wings. Oh, and she was poisonous. She was the defenda of da galaxy YEAH!

As for my name, it started with NeoPets, my first forum. I tried to sign up with just Catilena, but someone else already had it. After a bunch of failed attempts at account creating, I finally came up with 1890 for the end of my name and I just stuck with it. Now, if anyone wants to see if I`m on a website, all they have to do is type in Catilena1890 in the memba search, lol.

I also have alter-ego names, in case something happens to my original account. My Alter egos are:

Catilena1980
Dark_Magician1890
Dark_Magician1980

You should neva have to see my alter-egos though, lol

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
a while ago a friend of mine decided to make a name for himself that was so long it would confuse people when they ask what his name was, I believe it was Phlipises Deobrastus Bonvastise van Hohenhiem III
when I herd this name, my compettitive spirt came out to match his well thought out title, so I came up with Dophanes Noches Navarious von Raosuke II, and to add a twist to mine, I tell people to just call me "D!". Been going by that name for about 4 years now.... lol

Dist
08-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Take nap inside a car > Find one of those trucks that carry stuff > Spot the word Dist > Das it.

True story.

grimdefeat
08-07-2010, 11:06 PM
actually 3 years ago when i came up with it i was going with hpfan cus i was obsessed with harry potter (way over that now) I started looking at epic wins and thought I wonder what the opposite of an epic win would be so thats how i came up with grimdefeat

Leviathan Mist
08-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I started using the name "Leviathan" about 11 years ago. I later added the "Mist" on the end when someone at a community had already taken Leviathan, that was about 9 years ago.

Leviathan Mist is a combination of two summons from Final Fantasy 4.

ClearMetalVoltar
08-08-2010, 10:33 AM
ive got my name from the street fighter series

ZeroFoxG
08-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I was playin Megaman zero and i also i like foxes so yup and Monster Hunter is one of my fav games so that explanis the G

kaoruhikaru
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
my two favorite ouran host club characters,kaoru and hikaru hitachiin.and kaoru is one of my nicknames.

Cameron
08-13-2010, 09:15 PM
It's my real name.

Best. Exclamation. Ever.

Nirvash_Redemption
08-14-2010, 11:11 AM
I got my name from another forum i go on, but changed from Destroyer to redemption, and i got that one from playing megaman zero while watching eureka seven. O.O

LucJenson
08-14-2010, 11:39 AM
LucJenson; well there's a history behind this already. I was a big reader into the Hellsing series and totally loved Alucard Hellsing so I took his name and formed AlucardJenson (Jenson being the surname of a character I used in a roleplay multitudes of times). From using AlucardJenson I passed through clan after clan (gaming clans) and when I came to a particular clan that I actually stayed with for over a year one member vOn.sCissOrs and I got along really well and I guess were brothers in arms. Haha; from our constant gaming I called him Von and he called me Luc derived from aLUCard. So I took that and just shortened the name to LucJenson. I still use AlucardJenson and LucJenson but Luc has become more accustomed to me it seems. Guess it's 'cause I didn't name myself; someone else did. But yeah, that's the history behind LucJenson.

Shigoshi
09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Got mine in a random way (which befits my title as master of madness).

First off shigoshi means 454, 454 itself adds up to 13 (4+5+4=13) and 13 is my day of birth (for those wondering: It was a friday as well, so yeah, 13th of friday. The day of unluck where the world was lucky to witness it's future master of madness!).

The number came to me more from, as I said, random chance. In primary school (don't know what you yanks call it) I had a eraser/rubber (depends on if your mind is in the gutter or you just feel like trying to be a wide-o) which randomly had 454 written on the back of it. My best friend pointed out it added up to 13 and now has been my alias ever since.

As for my creation of the name shigoshi: one of my friends found out what the japanese for shigoshi was and called me it. Now I am shigoshi.

'I am a philosopher, I follow no rules set by anyone except simple lines that I draw on paths I follow. I shall never walk one step in front nor lack one step behind, forever and eternally at your side letting you chose your path willingly. You can ask me, but never expect my answer to tell you which way to go for often it shall only be a question for a question. Soon you will not even notice as I go on my own path, where I go is my choice. But remember, if you follow do not expect me to always lead'

'Leaders lead, commanders command and inspirations inspire. Commanders do not inspire, leaders do not command and inspirations do not lead'

Tangents are my currency and being obtuse is my manner!

Ronlink
09-18-2010, 10:38 PM
I thought of my nickname a long time ago whilst playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I just randomly fused my name with Link's name and a new nickname was created that day lol.

TheNinja4759
10-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Alright. I believe it was a Sunday, and I was returning from a long haitus on FFR (Flash Flash Revolution), and I wanted to start anew, so I chose A**Ninja4759.. needless to say, it stuck, and when I came here, I couldn't have it, so I was like.. "Well, if I can't be that kinda ninja, then I will be just the ninja." and it has been that way for like, the last 3 months or so.

Osaka
10-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I explained it in my intro thread.....I got it the way Ayumu Kasuga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayumu_Kasuga) did.

Rydux
10-08-2010, 12:12 AM
"Rydux" has been my username and IGN for years
but its origins lie within a close friend, who's a real fan of Kingdom Hearts, she made a fanmade story of KH, and by request, she added me and made a nobody of said character
thus, she took the letters of my real name R U D Y, and added the traditional X, and in a magical KH DS moment, rearranged them to " R Y D U X"

microgamer2vs2
10-09-2010, 12:23 AM
microgamer is from Wario Ware - I remember playing the demo to the original game without even knowing what the game was; after the first microgamer came up, I lol'd and immediately thought that the gameplay was absolutely ingenious; I still think it's one of the most awesome layouts of a game. I also thought that 'microgamer' would be a good username to have, just 'cause it has a sort of ring to it, and 'micro' works out as a nice shortened version.

the 2vs2 came from when I played double battles on Pokemon NetBattle, I thought that most cool usernames had random numbers appended to the end of them so I thought I'd keep the tag even outside of the Pokemon community.

HeikaHaku
10-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Well, my friends at school were always coming up with nicknames for each other. When I complained to one of my friends (who didn't go to my school) that no one could come up with a nickname for me, she started calling me Haku. Well, Haku is taken in most places, so I add Heika. Heika is pretty much a word I just pulled out a dictionary, but there's more meaning to it, as well.

Heika means 'Emperor' in Japanese. I didn't choose it to call myself some high title, though. I liked how the word sounded, but also, it was because of a friend of mine who moved away a long time ago.
Her last name was Huang, which is Chinese for either Yellow or Emperor. (And some other, not as relevant things.) So, when I saw it, I thought it was perfect, and used it.

I've only been using Haku for less than a year, as opposed to my other name, though.

As for my older online name (which I've been using for about 6 years now), Omni-X, It was originally Omnimon, after my favorite Digimon. Then I saw the X-Evolution movie and added an -X. And since people called me Omni for short, it became Omni-X, or Omnix. In the event that those were taken, I'd sometimes use variations, like Omnis, or Omnisx.

Erinovauch
10-09-2010, 06:16 PM
My nickname is a slight variation of my dad's RPG name Erinovich, I just changed the i to an au to make it easier for me to remember and pronounce and that's that

Rhetorical Gamer
10-11-2010, 02:18 PM
When I joined my AP lang class everyone put "Rhetorical" then something they wanted like rocker,dancer, ect. Well since I was the only one in that class that knew what video games were I picked Rhetorical Gamer since I love my gaming and my new love writing!

soscosplay
10-19-2010, 06:58 AM
I normally use my own username, but my husband also uses this account. So I used our cosplay group as the username. SoS Cosplay/ Society of Shangri-la Productions. So yah lol

Leviathan Mist
10-19-2010, 07:31 AM
I normally use my own username, but my husband also uses this account. So I used our cosplay group as the username. SoS Cosplay/ Society of Shangri-la Productions. So yah lol

Oh, I thought you did Haruhi-related cosplays :P

soscosplay
10-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Oh, I thought you did Haruhi-related cosplays :P

Lol, no, we didn't get into that anime. Though our groups next cosplay is going to be both Team Fortress 2 and BlazeBlue Cosplay

Leviathan Mist
10-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Lol, no, we didn't get into that anime. Though our groups next cosplay is going to be both Team Fortress 2 and BlazeBlue Cosplay

Bah, I think you should do Haruhi cosplays ;)

SoulArbiter
10-28-2010, 04:12 AM

Cosplaying BlazBlue is cool too.

Hannah
10-28-2010, 09:53 AM
It's totally my name and stuff. :'D

Kibs
10-29-2010, 02:30 PM
#naked BECAUSE I'M THE GODD*MN BATMAN

susanlancy
10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
I love this show (http://www.dvdshop88.com/en/comedy/the-office-seasons-1-6-dvd-boxset.html) and, unlike other reviews, I think this season (http://www.dvdshop88.com/en/comedy/the-office-seasons-1-6-dvd-boxset.html) was better than season 5 However, when this came, I had a bear of a time removing disks the case. I tried to push them out of their assets, no go. After a lot of lifting and shaking, I tried to bend a little matter of spreading the plastic tabs contain discs. He took it with a gentle but constant drag on disk for them to jump. I was nervous that the disc would snap so he folded. Unless someone can tell me another way to get these stars, I think I‘ll have to find another case of storage.There are many things in Season (http://www.dvdshop88.com/en/comedy/the-office-seasons-1-6-dvd-boxset.html) 6 and it is clear that the authors have been short of ideas. They made sure to include almost everything they could this season, and tied all sorts of intrigue that has really driven the frame of previous seasons. Jim and Pam got married and had a baby. Jim has been promoted, at last, after the bosses have tried to do since season 3, and the whole "Dunder Mifflin is going under?" story arc was completed with a purchase. So where else are they supposed to go? This season (http://www.dvdshop88.com/en/comedy/the-office-seasons-1-6-dvd-boxset.html) focuses largely on the acquisition of Sabre, which is probably one of the worst ideas that have been addressed in entertainment history. The only good that comes out is that the new owner of Gabe assistant, is generally a funny guy.
But funny. As always, Dundler Mifflin family continues to give people what they want, with a laugh. We also have some great face time Jim and Pam. As the couple were all rooting for, it’s nice to see them grow together, get married and start a journey to become parents. And for those who wanted a new pair, write Andy and Erin. Two weird people, who are slowly but surely coming together. Dwight is his usual self as Michael. We see Kelly and Ryan are now a couple as ever. Maybe Ryan is finally up. Nard dog shows all the time that his next stay happy. We have learned new and interesting things Creed, which gives a little more clues in the question of who the hell is this guy really is. Find fun, but the sick "morning sicknes" opener. And make sure you are eating. Overall, another great season, a greatshow (http://www.dvdshop88.com/en/comedy/the-office-seasons-1-6-dvd-boxset.html).

TMKCodes
11-07-2010, 04:36 AM
My username comes from my name initials and my favorite task. Been using the nickname for years already and even some of my friends call me with it.

T = Toni
M = Mikael
K = Korpela
Codes = Doing my favorite task. "Programming"

Rhetorical Gamer
12-10-2010, 10:59 AM
I was in a AP Literature class and they had a class shirt with everyone names from the class on it and along with their name they put "Rhetorical" and a word that described you and I was the only one that played games in that class so I chose Gamer :)

jessileo127
12-10-2010, 04:59 PM
at school we went to a helpers station who told us to give fake names to the helpless people there, at that time my favourate name was Jessica and my fav animal was a lion, so I came up with Jessica Lionheart... Later on I learned about star signs and Leo, (my starsign is Aries tho) Thinking this was cool I adapted it to Jessileo... 127 was allready my number from a game called Marapets so I added it on... and there we go Jessileo127 ^.^ Ive had this name for about 4 years, maby more. Am kinda lucky that I didn't find this place as a kid or it would of been "missnorthfairy" lolphantom

Zaig
02-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I took "Zieg" from The Legend of Dragoon and altered the letters around to "Zaig," pronounced like the sound in "Craig". Ever since I created it four years ago, I always use it as my username for everything, even when naming the protagonist in video-games.

Bargain Gamer
02-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Bargain Gamer was the alias I created for myself when I first started writing game reviews for my blog, Bargain Bin Gaming. When I shifted my content to here I simply kept the same name. ^ ^;

SoulArbiter
02-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Mashed Soul in front of Arbiter while playing Halo 2. It worked.

Mijan
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Mijan is my WoW name which I stole from an NPC in an instance within WoW.. I'm not very creative.

gannon133
02-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I use many nicks on the internet, I chose my universal nick: Gannon133. That nick I chose was because when I used to play Super Smash Bros. Melee, I used Ganondorf, which wasn't actually chosen for the matches and the guys that I played with lost about 133 times in a row whenever I chose him, and I haven't died when using that character. I actually use the bad naming of Ganon because that explains the gaming situation I am playing: a loose Ganon.

Gatx
02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I get asked about how to say my nickname (I dunno either), and what it actually is but I've never told them, since its kind of geeky, but since this is anime forum...

In Gundam SEED, the line of Gundams are on the Earth Federation side are designated the GAT-X series, so I just took that and . . yeah. Occasionally Gatx is actually taken, in which case I'll go by Gatx105 (the GAT-X105, Strike) or Gatx303 (the GAT-X303 Aegis). I've wanted to go by something else online for a while now but I've been using this for such a long time already, might as well be consistent.

nerdwerld
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
My name came from when I decided on youtube a few years ago to start a video blog. I had been going under various usernames Austin of Light, Azerbend, and stuff like that. However I wanted to do one on nerd culture so I was going to pick nerdworld, but that didn't sound witty. I decided on nerdwerld because nerd is spelled with an e so i changed the phonetically spelling and created nerdwerld. After I became unhappy with the youtube channel I neglected it and started a short lived blogtalkradio program. Eventually I came here and decided on using the nerdwerld title instead of my more traditional user names.