PDA

View Full Version : What grinds your gears?

Zero Gravity
01-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Write down what bothers you, vent a little, no matter how petty.
- Always start with "You know what grinds my gears?"
- DO NOT post anything to backlash someone over something you think is silly, everyone is respected to they're own opinions.
- No complaining about people loving a specific Pokemon version/game over another....

I'll start:
You know what grinds my gears?
People who can't properly tip delivery drivers or don't tip at all, but it's even MORE annoying is when the drivers whine about it

EagleEyes
01-26-2010, 01:55 PM
When people leave the TV / Radio / anything vollume on an UNEVEN NUMBER!

Elk
01-26-2010, 05:02 PM

Moi aussi, though 5 is also acceptable to me. YAY OCD!

Oni
01-26-2010, 05:19 PM
When you set something to download and an error occurs after you walk away.

mitamaking
01-26-2010, 09:19 PM
People who expect deep stories in everything, Mortal Kombat the movie, Chu-Bra, even something like Santa Claus Conquers the Martians are totally fine because you get what you want mindless fun.

Shadowblade Edge
01-26-2010, 09:22 PM
The culture of having to tip people, it defeats the point of tipping.

cj16bit
01-27-2010, 12:25 AM
People who canth finish a full song they get half way through a song and change it

EagleEyes
01-28-2010, 12:37 AM
CYCLISTS!

Oni
01-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Know what grinds my gears?
CLOCKS.

ace8489
01-28-2010, 01:21 AM
You know what grinds my gears
Anime made into horrible live action movies.

Elk
01-28-2010, 11:20 AM
You know what grinds my gears? Lack of proper lubrication :awesome:

cj16bit
01-28-2010, 02:22 PM
You know what grinds my gears
gamestop employees not knowing anything about video games

Shin_No_Kokoro
01-28-2010, 03:36 PM
You know what grinds my gears??? well do you??

Tewy
01-28-2010, 04:22 PM
well i have to admit i'm sorry for being annoying but it's so much fun and what grinds my gears is the person who created me to be a wind up doll

Bonediddly
01-29-2010, 02:09 PM
People with long strings of numbers in their usernames.

TheDrunkenShadow
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM

When the neighbors on the floor above me play their stereo with the bass all the way up at 3am. That's not even music at that point... That's just... Dust shaking loose.

Zero Gravity
02-02-2010, 01:35 AM

Lady Gaga, wtf is so awesome about her? Her music sucks! So what does dressing skimpy automatically make you a world class singer?????
I hate Lady Gaga.... -_-

EagleEyes
02-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Do you know what grinds my gears?

People who have nothing better to do that be absolute morons and waste your time.

Tewy
02-04-2010, 04:32 PM

of course you don't and that what grinds my gears people who tell me they know things when they don't

Zodiac_Blader
02-07-2010, 03:16 PM

People who keep asking you the same question after you answer them because they don't like the answer you gave

Zero Gravity
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM

When people ask you for a favor while your still asleep but when its not done after you wake up because you have no idea that they where even there, they get annoyed at you for it.

EagleEyes
02-08-2010, 12:08 AM

CYCLISTS!

Kanashimi
02-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Actually, the last one Zero posts grinds my gears too.

I don't mind when people message me to do so and so in the morning, but I hate when I'm AFK (because I do sleep people) and then I'm messaged. Then they whine to someone else or think I'm ignoring them because I wasn't there. :noelrage:

Drago142222
02-08-2010, 02:14 AM
u know what grinds my gears

when u get really hiped about a game then someone goes and says oh that games crap and goes to listing whats wrong with the game

Oni
02-08-2010, 02:50 AM

The guy who tries to fit in.

victorious0702
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Know wat grinds my gears?

People who talk bad about an anime they havent seen.

Marpolo 1991
02-11-2010, 04:33 PM

People who do stupid thing on purpose and not the funny kind of stupid but just plain stupid.

Zero Gravity
02-15-2010, 04:29 AM

negativity, it's been a big part of my life, and my ultimate goal this year is to be nothing but positive

EagleEyes
02-15-2010, 04:33 AM

People who think they need to stand up for something.

soundbreaker
03-21-2010, 09:11 AM

535sJwNNnT0

deadlymustach50
03-22-2010, 08:59 PM
You know what grinds my gear...
When your sitting in a movie theatre,and same huge guy sits in row in front of you, blocking you view.

Tempest Wind
03-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Film adaptations that have NOTHING to do with the original novels. You'll all see why.

Cerulaine
03-22-2010, 10:29 PM

Feet, nuff said.

TehScribbles
03-23-2010, 10:35 AM
High beams in your face. D:

Slayte
03-23-2010, 10:42 AM
People who think they're better than you when they themselves indulge a variant of whatever it is they're ridiculing you about.

Thage
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM

People who invade my bubble with out my prior consent.

Lost_Winter
03-23-2010, 09:34 PM

When, for some reason, I can't connect to the IRC Chat when I could have answered the question when nobody else did.

bemused_Bohemian
03-23-2010, 09:40 PM
IRS audits....'nuf said.

Mollybibbles
04-04-2010, 10:54 AM
What grinds my gears:

People who show up unprepared and are totally oblivious to their suroundings.

Elc1247
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
people who smack talk about things they dont understand.

Kanashimi
04-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Old boyfriends who try to message you randomly with "Oh, what beautiful soul through grasping eyes of magical rainbows---" romancy crap.

Zero Gravity
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Old boyfriends who try to message you randomly with "Oh, what beautiful soul through grasping eyes of magical rainbows---" romancy crap.

Coincidental with what I wanted to grind about?

When old girlfriends or flings message you stating they still "just wanna be friends" only to try and find condolence in you once something in their life goes to hell

bemused_Bohemian
04-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Grinding the gears??

Cable TV & Internet: charge way too much for the service you get (or don't get)

TehScribbles
04-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Un-needed projects. What teacher wants you to out 30+ hours into a project worth 10% of your final grade when it has nothing to do with teaching? When I become a teacher I'm so doing pokemon projects.

bemused_Bohemian
04-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Grinding o' the gears:

People who speak English. This means I have to decide in an instant whether he/she/they are intelligent or 1 of those strange anomalies of Fate Happenstance if I choose to converse and/or return socially deferential behaviour feigning approval.

When they speak a native tongue (Japanese, Chinese, et al) it's so much easier on my psyche since I can't understand a darn word much less the sentence structure. Just do the bobbing head routine and go with the flow. Look agreeable. Once they leave, head for the hills, turn on the console...ah, anime, sweet anime. Let art imitate life.

XIamSogekingX
04-13-2010, 10:33 PM
You know what grinds my gears:

Internet Petitions

They have never worked nor will they ever work. You are not going to reach that magical number of signatures to get a company or TV executive to give a crap about your cause. If you truely want something to change, you have to change it with your wallet or actual support.

If you want a TV show to be on, don't whine about it getting it a second season and then the first episode of the second season gets worse ratings than the first season finale *ie. Dollhouse* You gotta support the offical release and if you want something to continue, buy the DVDs. That is the proven method of getting something changed.

I would also like to include in there these Internet Boycotts.

Don't say you are mad about a game not having some functionality, sign a thing that says you are not going to play it, then when it comes out you are one of the first people to be playing. "Come on man, what was I supposed to do? Not play it and actually stand up for my cause?" Yeah, I think you should probably do that if you are going to complain about it and start a boycott for the product.

Jubilee
05-01-2010, 11:06 PM

People who hand in formal reports for english class yet fail to use the simple spell check tool. For goodness sakes, IT PUTS A RED LINE UNDER MISSPELLED WORDS! ... and all one must do is right click it to get it spelled right. I've had too peer edit dozens of papers with misspelled words...it's just rediculous. Improper grammer and such are fine, as those are common mistakes that occur in every writer's paper, however misspelled words or typos are something that can be fixed as soon as the problem arises. Just click...and fix....and let me have one less thing to grind my gears in a day. :biggrin:

...The price of popcorn at movie theaters was a close 2nd...

Elc1247
05-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Grinding o' the gears:

People who speak English. This means I have to decide in an instant whether he/she/they are intelligent or 1 of those strange anomalies of Fate Happenstance if I choose to converse and/or return socially deferential behaviour feigning approval.

When they speak a native tongue (Japanese, Chinese, et al) it's so much easier on my psyche since I can't understand a darn word much less the sentence structure. Just do the bobbing head routine and go with the flow. Look agreeable. Once they leave, head for the hills, turn on the console...ah, anime, sweet anime. Let art imitate life.

umm... if you didnt know, English is a trade language, its essential for the fact its widely used, even if its not the native tongue of most countries.

speaking of English... one thing that grinds my gears...
Most foreign english text books...i was in Beijing and took a look at college level "Advanced English" textbooks... written by people with doctorates in English... the grammar was worse than what a 3rd grader can do in the US... chunky sentences everywhere with only a few words in them, true its somewhat understandable... just... you have to read it... then read it a couple more times to understand what in the world they wrote.

Bonediddly
05-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Autotune. If you can't f*cking sing you shouldn't be making music.

bemused_Bohemian
05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Aging: the older you get, the fewer alternatives you have (ruling out death by.....).

twillÿ
05-07-2010, 12:20 AM

When people stop the microwave before the timer runs out and LEAVE IT THAT WAY!!! I cannot stand that. I also hate when the power goes out and I have to reset all the clocks...it's only after power outages when you realize just how many clocks you have in your home. -_-

-twillÿ.

Catilena1890
05-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Know what grinds my gears? Teachers who act like students. My math teacher is so obnoxious. She has casual conversation with my classmates, she acts like a spoiled brat, and she has a very unpleasent attitude. The other day, I saw some page numbers on the board, and I asked her if that was our homework. She gave me a dirty look and sneered, saying "does your book LOOK like it's got 625 pages?" As she left the room, I muttered "you don't have to be snippy about it, you're not a student." I have half a mind to treat her like a student I don't like.

Elc1247
05-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Know what grinds my gears? Teachers who act like students. My math teacher is so obnoxious. She has casual conversation with my classmates, she acts like a spoiled brat, and she has a very unpleasent attitude. The other day, I saw some page numbers on the board, and I asked her if that was our homework. She gave me a dirty look and sneered, saying "does your book LOOK like it's got 625 pages?" As she left the room, I muttered "you don't have to be snippy about it, you're not a student." I have half a mind to treat her like a student I don't like.

well what grinds my gears are professors that dont know what they are doing. you go to class... and you dont do anything productive... feels like you wasted a couple hours of your life for nothing. the thought in my head is usually "i could be sleeping right now... but im stuck in a useless class"

and i doubt that teacher is really acting like a student, just being incompetent, ive had teachers and professors that were like students, and they were perfectly chill. i actually prefer it if they can do that so they can actually relate to their students.

TehScribbles
05-18-2010, 02:28 PM

People who try to get a refund on a scratched lottery ticket. I mean come on, not my fault you lost, your the one that bought it.

Capensis
05-21-2010, 01:03 PM

I have to agree with this one.

people who complain about trivial things....wait a tick. Just joking I get really annoyed when I hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you or even acknowledge me. that is sooo annoying.

zaburai
05-21-2010, 02:30 PM
You want to know what grinds my gears? Do you REALLY want to know?

I know I will get hated for this but anime in general atm. They are full of high schoolers, they are all moe now, 90% is slice of lifeand the fanservice. MY GOD the fanservice, every show now his someone with massive jubblies which bounce repulsivly when they move one step, and there is always a minimum of 5 pantyshots per episode. Japan THIS IS NOT SEXY, this does NOT cover up for bad storytelling (wow I just summed up Chu-bra >_<) and I am fed up with it. I know this goes with the whole sex sells principal, but enough is enough.

Now for loli. Why is there a loli character in every series now? What do they do to further or enhance the plot? Oh wait NOTHING! I can understand fanservice a bit but loli? It makes no since why loli characters are so big. They really are just a waste of space. There is nothing good that has come from lolis.

Now for my final one and oh boy I will be hated for this. K-ON. Yes K-ON. The show that everyone loves yet it contains sterotypical characters, in a sterotypical setting yet it is the "new haruhi." The jokes were bland 4 years ago and it takes 20 episodes for a series about a band to sing a full song!!! Even in Angel Beats where the band is a side story they get THREE SONGS!!!

Mabye this is enough ya?

Bonediddly
05-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Now for my final one and oh boy I will be hated for this. K-ON. Yes K-ON. The show that everyone loves yet it contains sterotypical characters, in a sterotypical setting yet it is the "new haruhi." The jokes were bland 4 years ago and it takes 20 episodes for a series about a band to sing a full song!!! Even in Angel Beats where the band is a side story they get THREE SONGS!!!

Mabye this is enough ya?

I love this man.

Tyto
05-23-2010, 08:22 AM

When people say "I could care less" when what they're trying to say is "I couldn't care less".

Uchiha_kensei
05-23-2010, 08:54 AM
^agrees

Elc1247
05-28-2010, 01:57 AM
I love this man.

i agree with that particular idea, i dont like the Moe-overload thats happening in anime these days... the shear amount of moe made me want to smash my head against my desk throughout the entire first episode i forced myself to watch...

you know what grinds my gears? People who hate on other societies without a proper cause, saying that other people are "backwards" when they dont realize how "backwards" their own society is...

aztez
05-28-2010, 07:35 AM

When someone buys something and it comes to $19.89 or something like that and they say "that was a good year!" when you hear that about a hundred times a day you just want to reach over and smack the person. Also some old people they take so long to do anything and ask a ton of stupid questions.

EagleEyes
06-13-2010, 12:19 AM

Public transport!

sawall
06-13-2010, 08:37 AM
when the person before you turns the TV off with the volume SOOOO LOUD.... so you, the unsuspected victim, turns on the TV only to have your ear drums screwed over by Ke$ha screaming that she wants you to look like mick jagger!!... *breath* bah Ke$ha!!!!!

Parthmakeo
06-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Stairs, Planes, Trains, Latest issues, Steam, Boring T.V, Being Bored, People treating me like crap at work, People calling me things that they are themselves (like fat from a fat guy or a person who talks 300 MPH and says i am "Mouthy"), Morons, Idiots, People who think they are awesome, People who don't brainstorm, Bad Video Games, Misleading titles, Video Game Movies, Movie Video Games, Games based off of kid Shows, Games that get good ratings when the game itself is bad, Animes that try to be funny, animes that go off track from the story Too Much (I'm looking at you Inuyasha!), Dubing Animes that censor half of the good stuff, America not bringing in other amazing mangas (Highschool of the dead NAO!), America adding more gore, Japan adding more nudity, the UK being too strict on Mangas and Animes (I feel sorry for you guys the most :*( ), People Cosplaying as Ichigo or any other popular characters from Mangas or Games (one time i did see two Guilty Gear characters but they were the only ones.), Cosplaying without having the right outfit or actual idea of the outfit, Pocky Cosplay...

*two hours later*

...D.I.C.E anime, SD Gundam Force, Did i mention Stairs?

Jubilee
06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
You know what else grind my gears?

People obsessed with Cupons.

Sure, they can save you money in the long run, but they anger me with their incessant overstocking of goods just because it is on sale. IT is rediculous, especially when I have to help them move. The peanut butter is 3 years old....let it go! #noelrage

Animebaum
06-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Well according to pyshics it's Friction

Dist
06-27-2010, 01:56 AM
When you nuke your own laptop..

Wait..

Shigoshi
07-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Know what extremely badly damages my teethed wheels?
Having to deal with leavers in League of legends. I don't mind those trying new champions and failing with them, part of the learning process but it's the leavers! GRRRRRR class 8 nerd rage: RAnDOm CapS LOcKs!11!!!1

(another gear grinder: when people use leet speak in a silly way like Iz I5 733t, GTFO L2P sort of Leet speak. Don't mind using it just use it moderately. However isn't it an irony leet speak is just english but is considered a completely different style and almost language of it!)

EagleEyes
07-03-2010, 04:46 PM

When some one says 4 - 6 and it take LONGER! D:

Dist
07-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Knowing I have class tomorrow but know I will wake up late for it.

Lite
07-05-2010, 04:06 AM
EagleEyes.

EagleEyes
07-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Britney.

Catilena1890
07-06-2010, 04:23 PM
let's see, what grinds my gears?

When my roleplayers on my YGO site don't login
When you can't access your own vBulletin accounts because of a stupid box
When my parents show their hypocrisy more than 3 times a day

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, lol.

TehScribbles
07-06-2010, 05:18 PM

Hot weather. Does New England really need to be 100+ degrees?

Drago142222
07-06-2010, 05:23 PM
what grinds my gears?

when a bunch of ppl make plans to do somthing and one person ruins it for them all

Jubilee
07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
You know what grinds my gears...again?

When I go to get McDonalds for one...but when I order a 10 piece chicken mcnuggets....and only get 9...

I'm not kidding...that is seriously in my top 5 pet peeves...it's only that chicken nuggets that set me off...but...come on people! #noelrage

Cerulaine
07-07-2010, 01:37 PM

When you get a drink at a restaurant with a straw in it BUT they leave the top of the paper wrapping on it. #naked

Why do I need to finish the job my waitress should have finished?
Why do I need a worthless piece of paper on top of my straw?
I can't drink paper!

WHY DO I NEED A STRAW?! #rage

Catilena1890
07-07-2010, 01:54 PM
^ Uh, they do that cuz it's required by law in some counties. The paper on the straw tells you that they didn't put their mouth on it b4 giving it to you.

lol, let's see, what else grinds my gears?

Uh, when I come across a corrupt staff knowing I can't do a dang thing about it *no, I`m not talking about 918, 918 FTW!*

Shigoshi
07-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Another grinder of the gears for me: People who don't take an effening hint!

You know the kind; your trying to be nice about telling them something or saying no but they keep asking and asking and asking and asking until you want to put a shotgun to their face. The worst ones are the ones you have done something for that wasn't considerably what you would of liked (I mean you bent backwards for them) but yet they keep wanting it their way. Really does my head in.

One other gear grinder: Phone salesmen. Oh god I want these guys to ROAST IN HELL for what they do. Now I don't want to be sounding racist or anything but it's made worse that often it's a forgien accent. I have nothing against any other race of people but to be honest, I would at least like to be pestered by my own race because at least they are getting a job out of it. Really does tick me off when I pick up the phone and hear a strange accent. The ones I reserve most hate for are the ones who can't read my families second name: ♫♫♫♫son, they often say '♫♫♫♫-in-son' which I ether give them the 'sorry no ♫♫♫♫insons live here, bye' or I just hang up.
Ugh, the evils of those guys who continue to ruin my time watching anime or playing video games.

EagleEyes
07-08-2010, 08:11 AM

People who join those vague facebook groups like "I have wasted so much time liking you" If you have wasted so much time, WHY ARE YOU WASTING MORE BY JOINING A GROUP ABOUT IT?????

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
07-08-2010, 11:15 AM

When you're playing Tetris, and you get to that point where there's two perfect blocks on either side of the screen, and all you need is one line piece to get rid of those blocks, but noooooo you keep getting L piece after L piece, and finally when you're like "screw it, I'll just use the damn L piece" and after you use it leaving a gap in the blocks that you can't get rid of, you get a line piece, and then another line piece, and then another freaken LINE PIECE, AND THE LINE PIECES KEEP ON FREAKEN COMING LIKE THE TETRIS GODS ARE LAUGHING AT YOUR FAILURE!!!!111!!!!1 *hair bursts into a raging fire and lazar beams shoot out of my eyes killing everything around*

Parthmakeo
07-10-2010, 05:07 PM

When you're playing Tetris, and you get to that point where there's two perfect blocks on either side of the screen, and all you need is one line piece to get rid of those blocks, but noooooo you keep getting L piece after L piece, and finally when you're like "screw it, I'll just use the damn L piece" and after you use it leaving a gap in the blocks that you can't get rid of, you get a line piece, and then another line piece, and then another freaken LINE PIECE, AND THE LINE PIECES KEEP ON FREAKEN COMING LIKE THE TETRIS GODS ARE LAUGHING AT YOUR FAILURE!!!!111!!!!1 *hair bursts into a raging fire and lazar beams shoot out of my eyes killing everything around*

Reminds me of that College humor movie "Tetris God". Watch it and you can see where they are going with it.

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
07-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Reminds me of that College humor movie "Tetris God". Watch it and you can see where they are going with it.

Oh, my, god, that video expresses my exact situation every time I work up the courage to start another round at Teris, curse the damn game, and all of it's addictive features #noelrage

Jubilee
07-12-2010, 03:25 PM

When I am driving along, minding my own buisness, and someone decides they want to pass me because they want to drive 1 mph faster than me. They go to pass...and they drive right next to me for like 5 minutes trying to pass. The part that really gets me is that I'm sitting here trying to sing "Love Story" by Taylor Swift but this jerk won't hurry the heck up so I only end up humming it trying not to sing it where they can see me! What...a....JERK! #rage

Kanashimi
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM

My sister-in-law and her idiotic thought process on how to run a business.

SaiQ
07-12-2010, 04:18 PM

When the 918 stream dies!

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
07-12-2010, 04:39 PM

When the 918 stream dies!

I concur! #rage

TheNinja4759
07-22-2010, 05:40 AM
You know what grinds my gears? Parents who don't monitor their children's Intertube activities, for example, the whole ''Jessi Slaughter''debacle. It's pointless. She made the remarks, she got trolled, she deserved it. For her to make it seem like she's this innocent person, it makes me want to find her parents, and *explective*. That is all.

EagleEyes
07-22-2010, 06:25 AM

Everything.

TheNinja4759
07-22-2010, 10:54 AM
You know what really grinds my gears?
Not having enough money.

sasukeuzi
07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
what grinds my gears is manga publishing companies demanding to close down onemanga.com.i know that online manga websites are bad for authors cuz ppl dont buy some manga but after years and years of hardwork onemanga is closing down.i hope this has the opposite effect on what the publishing companies expect

Shigoshi
07-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Know what grindeth my gears teeth...eths?!

Several things again:
One: Effening cyclists when I'm walking my dog. I admit I am near on obvilious due to my MP3 player playing rhapsody of fire or some other of my favourite songs but that's because only like one in every million uses their freaking bell to warm others ahead of them. Seriously, it's part of basic cyclist gear, get one so you don't ram your front wheel up a peds rear end before I take your chain and wrap it round you neck and ring your skull with your blasted gear changer!

two: Players on a game called League of legends who start talking smack about champions and such and even start rage-quitting. I sometimes take it as a source of pride knowing I'm good enough to make people annoyed but it annoys me when they start just yelling and whining 'YOUR CHAMP IS OP, PLAY A CHAMP WHO TAKES SKILL' and all the while I am carefully placing myself and moving in the way my champion works and kicking their butts because they are too dumb to try and counter-act my powers. Knowledge is power, I know champions well and I know countering them doesn't take much and sometimes it's downright impossible for some champions to counter others...blasted 10 year old americans.

three: Dealing with your baby niece crying all the -bad word- way back from a gaming night and you can't even vent your rage because it's considered 'impolite'. Tell everyone this: was within an inch of smashing all the car windows, grabbing my brother and punching his lights out with pure rage. Seriously, I know it's not a fair comment but I have rights to whine when I ain't even allowed basic means to exert anger without getting further harassment (like causing myself pain via repeated punching to the leg, clenching fist, breathing hard. etc. Really does get to me).

four: dealing with a whiney wargaming player who doesn't know his rules and tactics. 'Durhur, I know my opponent fields the hardest tank in dez game, I will only bringz enoughz for one of dem tankz' and then he gets ticked when I tell him his usual means of tank busting ain't gonna cut it. Seriously, he was trying methods reserved for more general tanks, the tanks I was fielding are known through out the game as not only well above average but are considered the 2nd toughest tank to bring down in the game without having to resort to super-heavies. The worst bit is when he starts rolling dice behind things, really does get at me. I'm about to start giving him real stick about it soon.

five: MP3 playing phones (like the one I use) which have a 'power conserving' feature which denies you music and such like when the means it tells you by is lighting up brightly for 5 seconds. Thats five seconds of music could been playing. And it ALWAYS happens at the songs best bit.

Well thats my gear-grinders out.

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
07-27-2010, 12:27 PM

When professional people in your life keep screwing up, like your banker messes up a bank statement, or your college counselor charges you $5,000 more dollars for no freaken reason!!!! #rage

littlefileuser
07-31-2010, 09:00 PM
When people come into my room and leave with the door opened.
It wasn't like that when you came in, so CLOSE THE DOOR.

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
08-01-2010, 02:00 AM

when the 5 thousand dollars that you owe to people for no reason other than their mistake ends up being 15 thousand dollars after additional charges and you e-mail the jerks to try to fix it and they e-mail you back

"Thank you for your message! I am currently out of the office on vacation and will not return until Thursday August 5th. I will not have access to my email and will not be able to respond to your email message until I return to the office. If you need a response before then please call 520-626-3656.

Thank you for your patience.

Arezu Corella, Ph.D.
Assistant Director, Academic Success and Achievement"

#preggers

EagleEyes
08-01-2010, 02:12 AM

The fact I have spent half the day cleaning and I am still not done.

TheNinja4759
08-01-2010, 12:17 PM
You know what really grinds my gears?
A Skill Swaping Slaking with max EV's and IV's in Attack.

ZshadowX
08-01-2010, 08:14 PM

when i dont know what anime should i watch next!

twillÿ
08-02-2010, 04:50 AM
What grinds twillÿ's gears?

Sucking at Photoshop and sleeping too much.

Zero Gravity
08-02-2010, 07:02 AM
What grinds my gears?

My luck, I have nothing but bad luck

TehScribbles
08-04-2010, 11:29 PM

Little brothers. Being annoying. While playing his guitar at 2 in the morning >.>

Dist
08-07-2010, 06:17 AM
I can't sleep anymore recently, going to sleep at around 5 AM and waking up at 3 PM... And school is starting up again soon.

bemused_Bohemian
08-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Road construction. If it wasn't for the fences aligning some of these roads plus private property rights I'd almost prefer driving across those amber waves of wheat or canyon mesas.

Kanashimi
08-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Drama~ Oh wait, that's everywhere! Crap.

bemused_Bohemian
08-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Really? Have you checked that bowl of Rice Krispies? H'mmm, no drama, just a sigh of relief from my bleeding gums that those oats are soggy. Yum.

Jubilee
08-09-2010, 07:38 PM

When people assign papers based upon a certain length, aka by words, pages, etc. How do they not realize that the paper writes itself?! I mean, minimums and maximums are for either lazy people or over achievers. If the paper is good, neither would be necessary...quality over freaken quantity! #noelrage

EagleEyes
08-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Accounting...

bemused_Bohemian
08-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Re: how Missourians and other flat-landers drive.
I see this isn't an isolated case about idiots rich enough to afford their driver's license by acquiring grocery store cereal boxtops and mailing them to Jeff City for voucher redemption. I find if I cut them off and pass a vehicle while in the other lane in front of them they will get pissed and speed up. At worst they will always be reflected in your rearview mirror usually 1 bumper width away from your trunk. At best another unsuspecting fast driver will pass us both and the rearview mirror reality will change into a mirage while marrying itself to within 3 car lengths of the new speed racer.
Years ago I used to be friendly and professional re hill climbing in a big rig (18-wheeler to those of you from Rio Linda) by always occupying the extreme right-lane. The true test of professionalism occurs at the hill's crest where merging from 2 lanes to 1 becomes a footnote for a Twilight Zone movie. I have yet to fathom why some drivers will slow down matching your hill-climb speed and only be midway past your 53' trailer indefinitely. Is it a death wish? There's an accumulative affect from witnessing and enduring all this concrete buffoonery. Either you bite the bullet and wonder "What would Jesus do?" or you get even with the bast**d(s) while reinventing the definition of road rage. Driving a vehicle used to be fun and may still be if you're on a mesa somewhere in Utah 4-wheeling with friends. As for city and urbanscape driving, hell is for heroes; nice folks should relocate elsewhere or ride the train.

moonhawk81
08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
What grinds my gears? Paypal! Those a-holes seem to have some weird vendetta against me. . .

When people assign papers based upon a certain length, aka by words, pages, etc. How do they not realize that the paper writes itself?! I mean, minimums and maximums are for either lazy people or over achievers. If the paper is good, neither would be necessary...quality over freaken quantity! #noelrage

As a former high school English teacher, I very strongly agree. And in the same vein, why are the same books assigned year after year? Books comprising "The Canon" should be read and discussed, of course, but how many times should the same student be forced to revisit the same d_mn author?!

Nirvash_Redemption
08-10-2010, 12:30 PM
what grinds my gears....

Oh, when i have writers/artist block and draw for crap, or when i'm playing a game and the power goes out, making me start all over from the start.

bemused_Bohemian
08-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Paypal is everyone's louse. I've been an ebay seller for years and have yet to appreciate Paypig other than instant payment in the electronic account scheme of things.

Jubilee
08-10-2010, 08:37 PM
It makes me rage...
When I hit another Pokemon...
but they survive with one hp left, and crit me...

MACHAMPS ARE CHEAP YO! #noelrage

ZshadowX
08-10-2010, 08:44 PM
you know what grinds my gear?

people who rage quit

Leviathan Mist
08-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Friction grinds my gears.

ZeroFoxG
08-13-2010, 06:18 PM

people who talk tough but no skillz

Dist
08-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Having done something you regret and not being able to fix it.

chefofdeath
08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
you know what really grinds my gears .... is at school people would rather take an elevator than walk up 4 flights of stairs its like come on the building isnt that big to have to take an elevator

Jubilee
08-20-2010, 03:22 PM
You know WHO grinds my gears?

Fred.

I mean seriously, you are not even funny...
Why do you exist...
WHY?! GO AWAY!

SRSLY!

#rage

chefofdeath
08-20-2010, 03:25 PM
you know what really grinds my gears old crazy people who talk on the bus the whole time ........ i wish i still had my ipod working so i wouldnt have to hear it

bemused_Bohemian
08-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Wait until YOU get old. Those folks are just "clicking" and "whirring". Eeeeeeeeeee....it gets even worse the older you get!!!!!!

dbzfreak2
08-21-2010, 03:44 PM

When people say they are smarter than me then i still end up outsmarting them in the end :veryunhappy:

Xedric
08-28-2010, 10:12 AM
People who talk to you at bus stops. I'm just there to catch the bus, not to chat.

ZshadowX
08-28-2010, 02:01 PM

Trying to beat Ninja Gaiden for the nes

iNeku
08-30-2010, 09:48 AM

Teachers who don´t understand that they are so boring, having my headphones on in class is self-preservation.

Nirvash_Redemption
08-31-2010, 03:03 PM
It grinds my gears when i hear fangirls squealing about Twilight. Honestly, it's just a movie, and the book was mediocre. Luckly i had a Eragon book close by to burn it out. :P

Tsundere
08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
What grinds my gears is trying to find those darn pieces of the triforce in Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and having to pay that darn TINGLE for translation on the maps.

soundbreaker
09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
What grinds my gears is trying to find those darn pieces of the triforce in Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and having to pay that darn TINGLE for translation on the maps.
Agreed.

You know what really grinds my gears? My government trying to implement a nation-wide, compulsory internet filter to protect the children of lazy parents who don't teach their kids about the internet before letting them log on.

SoulArbiter
10-28-2010, 04:09 AM
Agreed.

You know what really grind my gears? My government trying to implement a nation-wide, compulsory internet filter to protect the children of lazy parents who don't teach their kids about the internet before letting them log on.

Stephen Conroy. He's an idiot. The chances of government actually imposing this on Australia is slim to none.

Zero Gravity
03-20-2011, 02:56 PM
TOPIC REVIVIAL!

You know what really grinds my gears, is when a console/system gets bashed because it isn't backwards compatible.
For example, the PS3 keeps getting bashed by people I know because "it doesnt play Ps2 games" WELL DURKA DURRRR, It's a PS3... if you wanna play PS2 PLAY A PS2!
- glares at Cameron and his lack of GBA on a 3DS issue -

mahay
03-20-2011, 03:09 PM
TOPIC REVIVIAL!

You know what really grinds my gears, is when a console/system gets bashed because it isn't backwards compatible.
For example, the PS3 keeps getting bashed by people I know because "it doesnt play Ps2 games" WELL DURKA DURRRR, It's a PS3... if you wanna play PS2 PLAY A PS2!
- glares at Cameron and his lack of GBA on a 3DS issue -

In all fairness, the original PS3s are completely backwards compatible... all the way to PS1. I don't like that Sony TOOK OUT the backwards compatibility on the newer models in order to keep the price point competitive with Microsoft's product.

Also, You know what grinds my gears?
When people treat and think about a person based solely on that person's age.

Shidohari
03-20-2011, 04:29 PM

the fact that the rich people in the US the millionaires aren't donating any of their funds to help pay off the national debt. Well that and by the time 2037 rolls around, the US won't have any Social Security program anymore. (and they're still taking it out of our paychecks)

nerdwerld
03-20-2011, 07:40 PM
You know what grinds my gears... what really just grinds my gears... *can't contain myself*

When people tell me they speak Japanese, but speak "Chin Chong Ching" call it Japanese, Chinese, any Asian language really. That really grinds my gears since I know Japanese. I just end up calling it Rosie O'Donald Syndrome because she is supposed to be some sort of star and got away for doing that. It's disrespectful I tell you.

Leviathan Mist
03-20-2011, 10:03 PM
You know what grinds my gears... what really just grinds my gears... *can't contain myself*

When people tell me they speak Japanese, but speak "Chin Chong Ching" call it Japanese, Chinese, any Asian language really. That really grinds my gears since I know Japanese. I just end up calling it Rosie O'Donald Syndrome because she is supposed to be some sort of star and got away for doing that. It's disrespectful I tell you.

Rosie O'donnell grinds my gears.

Gatx
03-26-2011, 02:12 AM
*spoiler maybe*

People who people think Lelouch is alive (even though it completely ruins the moral weight of the ending) and point to edited versions of the last scene as proof. Also, in extension, people who call "Shikkoku no Renya" and "Boukoku no Agito" R3 despite the fact that one is a prequel and the other is a side story.

mahay
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
You want to know what else grinds my gears?

Showing up to the oral surgeon's office at 12:30 for a 1:00 appointment only to find that the entire office is out to lunch. Then everyone who works there finally showing up at 1:00 and slowly getting to work. The world is becoming lazy and unappreciative of promptness. */me puts on old curmudgeon hat*

jessileo127
04-01-2011, 12:20 AM
What really grinds my gears?

When your in a Open Server RP game and along comes either a Troll, newbie (who knows nothing), Ruiners, a person who automaticly assumes he/she is more well known/ a better player than everyone else.

I play on the text RPs where you have to proove yourself to join... (I.E. That little Zork Game I made up, which actually has gotten me a little noticed by some of the higher ups)... So playing an Open Server is a pretty good way to make new friends and enemys. Any of the above mentioned is allways a risk, but it doesn't happen that often...

In my last game, The group had to deal with a new person who needed to be shown the ropes... Normally there is a tutorial given out to the new peeps by a member of staff or a helpful higher rank... But he/she had apparently decided to skip it and head right in to the Open games... Fortunatly we were only playing a simple 'Find the Relic' quest which can be over in something like five turns, if your lucky... The DM for that game wanted five players alltogether and when the newbie joined, he started the game instantly without thinking about it...
In the end it took about 300 turns to find simple things like Glasses of True sight or Cup of Elven Water. I luckly found the Relic (a Titan's Helmet) in the claws of a Black Wyvern, which killed the newbie on the third attack. (he/she raged out, caplocking 'insults' about our characters)...

So yea... Thats what grinds my gears...

Jubilee
04-01-2011, 05:47 AM

People running through the halls and being incredibly rude and annoying...

At 2 in the morning.

#stare

mahay
04-01-2011, 06:47 AM

At 2 in the morning.

#stare

I like how I possess the ability to sleep through instances such as those XD

In a similar vein, you wanna know what grinds my gears?

When people try to talk to you in a communal shower. At first I'm like #naked and then I'm like #dragon

Jubilee
04-01-2011, 06:52 AM
When people try to talk to you in a communal shower. At first I'm like #naked and then I'm like #dragon

I just say people talking in public bathrooms period.

TAKE IT OUTSIDE FOOLS! #srsly

Shidohari
04-01-2011, 06:50 PM

At 2 in the morning.

#stare

been there done that. that left me with one mostly sleepless night. i was surprised i could still function the next day.

moonhawk81
04-02-2011, 08:43 AM

At 2 in the morning.

#stare

Sasnak...do you folks not have blanket parties there? A good blanket party can cure many annoyances...

Zero Gravity
04-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Women in general, despite EVERYTHING they say, you can NEVER make them happy.

thebravest1
04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Slow internet on my university campus. I may just want to quickly check something before a class but there is no way to when it take 5 minutes to load a page.

mahay
04-14-2011, 01:55 PM
When your phone has a firmware update, but now runs worse than it did before.

Jubilee
04-14-2011, 02:38 PM
College buildings that do not have screens on their windows, but house teachers who insist upon leaving the windows open instead of running the A/C...IT LETS IN WASPS PEOPLE! #noelrage

Also, Student Affairs. I go down there at 12, and they are all gone to lunch until 1:30...ALL OF THEM! The one friggin time I need your stupid department! #rage

Go fall off a cliff :awesome:

Dist
04-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Teachers who don't grade the work you turned in and later accuse you of never turning it in the first place.

Nirvash_Redemption
04-18-2011, 07:28 PM
When you start tuning your guitar/violin and the string snaps and smacks you in the face. DX

gannon133
04-19-2011, 01:50 PM
what grinds my gears is when someone does not accept who I am when I talk to others with all my faults of how I am speaking (kinda what I am trying to get across with that sentence but that's just 'normal' to me). Isn't everyone suppose to accept everyone, warts and all, like in that quote?

EagleEyes
04-24-2011, 01:21 AM
People who don't SMASH.

nerdwerld
04-29-2011, 08:57 PM
The Website's IRC... I need to find a better way of entering the IRC.

Waifuman
05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
People who spam memes distastefully.

So at least half of the people on the internet.

Jubilee
05-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Apparently when the RA comes into my room without knocking.
I don't know how exactly that comes up, but it did, and my gears are ground.
Seriously, WTF?! Did he grow up in a country that is considered rude in?! #noelrage

mahay
05-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Apparently when the RA comes into my room without knocking.
I don't know how exactly that comes up, but it did, and my gears are ground.
Seriously, WTF?! Did he grow up in a country that is considered rude in?! #noelrage

Seconded to the MAX!!!!!!!

Also it grinds my gears when a foodservice employee won't let a customer say, "surprise me," when asking a question about what sort of side is to go with an entrée.

ZshadowX
05-06-2011, 11:08 AM
you know what grinds my gears

My epic beard, it's such a epic and awesome beard...
~ Im starting to think its trying to take control of me O-O

mahay
05-11-2011, 02:06 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? BIKESH. Especially when he's late to an agreed upon time.

Gatx
05-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh, just thought of one. Constant "that's what she said" and "your mom" jokes. It's funny the first few times, not the 200th time.

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
05-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Being gone for 9 months and not knowing how a single friggen thing works in the IRC or Forums anymore
=.=

nerdwerld
05-23-2011, 09:01 AM
What grinds this raptor's gear is everyraptor's sudden love of ponies... yes MLP is awesome, but some fans are too crazy.

SoulArbiter
06-14-2011, 04:02 AM
What grinds my gears?

A lecturer who misses 5 weeks worth of modules, 4 of which must be done in the lab because all of the relevant stuff for the exercises are only present on the TAFE server! #rage

YamiSpyro2011
06-18-2011, 11:53 PM

When people cant make up their minds. Same thing with game developers.

mahay
06-19-2011, 01:30 PM

When my gears are not properly lubricated.

Cheflelouch
06-19-2011, 06:20 PM
my little cousin

he keeps coming to my room and changing everything

ZshadowX
07-18-2011, 12:39 AM

Teemo's shrooms

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/363/5/9/Chibi_Teemo_by_Shukit.png

Mollybibbles
07-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Slamming doors, lice next door, sharing MY bathroom, losing my days off, kids with pneumonia who insist on going to class, bullying, dislocated knee caps, not eating in 2 days, getting tugged every which way by all 3 of my bosses. What, that was only week one abridged? =____=

Torry
07-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Scractching on Chalk Boards, sliding styrophome, bullying, pain, loud neighbors, thunderstorms, yelling

mahay
08-18-2011, 08:56 AM

When you update your computer to windows 7 SP1 and your computer runs slower

Trxd
08-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Any Gif that doesn't loop seamlessly, where you can see the action being cut off and replaced by the beginning frame, ughhh, why bother making a Gif if it's going to be that? It ruins the beauty...

Another thing is when I'm walking my dogs down the park and I cross paths with another dog owner and they say "Don't worry, he's friendly :)" yeah well my dog isn't! Keep it away or it'll murder your Chihuahua!

chefofdeath
08-22-2011, 07:22 PM
you know what grinds my gears is doing work and not getting paid what you are owed

Gatx
09-04-2011, 03:43 AM
People who refer to "Code Geass Gaiden: Bōkoku no Akito" and "Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya" as R3 and think they'll be sequels. Especially true in the case of "Akito" because it freakin' says "Gaiden" in the title.

Even more annoying is when said people talk about "Renya" as R3, and then bring up ridiculous plot points such as it being in the future, or Renya being Lelouch's bodyguard, even though it was officially announced that it was going to be set in the Edo period, 400 years in the past, and the fact that the manga has been out for a year now and none of it has been true. I STILL see people post stuff about Renya being Lelouch's bodyguard even now.

It's worse than when Sony released that Final Fantasy VII tech demo and people claimed there was going to be a remake.

mahay
09-05-2011, 01:34 PM
You know what grind my gears?

Waiters/Waitresses that lie to your face when you know obviously that they're lying.

SoulArbiter
09-12-2011, 03:33 AM

When a bird poops on your shoulder from high above! Seriously, man! Why!?!

Bigrob8917
09-13-2011, 01:06 PM
My gears are kinda rusty, so they don't grind much... But they get quite busy when I hear about discrimination of people with autism. Seriously, leave us alone!

mahay
09-13-2011, 11:39 PM

Having more homework than the hours in the day will allow to be completed.

Jubilee
09-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Having more homework than the hours in the day will allow to be completed.

THANKS DR. RELIGION TEACHER! #trolldad

mahay
09-14-2011, 05:04 PM
THANKS DR. RELIGION TEACHER! #trolldad

#rage#rage#rage#rage#rage#rage#rage#rage#rage#rage #rage#rage#rage

You know what else grinds my gears?

Five sources...1500 words...Due in a week and a half... #femserious

Jubilee
09-14-2011, 06:07 PM
You know what else grinds my gears?

Five sources...1500 words...Due in a week and a half... #femserious

You know what further grinds my gears?

The fact that on the assignment site this was assigned on, he claims to have had it available since Sept. 1st, when in fact it was not available until the 13th.

#srsly

mahay
10-19-2011, 01:56 PM

When maintenance decides to fix one of the bathrooms in the building and says it'll take a whole week, but didn't do some of it over the four days we just had for Fall Break.

Pipp
10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
People who when shopping pick something up to look at it then put it down halfway across the shop, and I'm like "PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU FOUND IT"!!!!!

-Pipp

Zero Gravity
02-04-2013, 10:51 AM
You know what grinds my gears? LACK OF FORUM ATTENTION!

-starts whipping people to go around it and post-

Cheflelouch
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
that I can't be able to be here in the fan 24/7

Kanashimi
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Babying people

Bobby Henshin
02-04-2013, 02:53 PM

When I a Kamen Rider actor in something that isn't Kamen Rider related. You just want them to transform and then all the problems would be solved like Kiva is staring in the new Ring movie. Just Henshin and beat that stupid undead TV girl up and shove her back down the well!

MakiMaki
02-07-2013, 10:29 PM

Going to work early in the morning when your body is used to being asleep by early in the morning. Sleep schedule fail...pfft