PDA

View Full Version : [NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Zero Gravity
01-11-2010, 02:50 PM
http://purenintendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/heartgold-soulsilver-box-art.jpg
Release: March 14, 2010

They'll also come with Preorder bonuses! Ho-Oh and Lugia figurines for HeartGold and SoulSilver Respectively
http://pokebeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/hgss-ho-oh-figure-110x150.jpghttp://pokebeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/hgss-lugia-figure-128x150.jpg

Is anyone else excited for this game!?!?!?!?!? :yurp:

lol, I already have a preorder down on both versions, SoulSilver being my main one, HeartGold being the one I start over, over and over again when I wanna play through it again.

The sad part is that the 5th gen needs to out do HGSS, which will be hard considering everything they stuffed into this one.

My starter with be Totodile!!!
I did some dedication vids when they first announced Pokemon HGSS
check em out (They're battle vids if your interested)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5kaY2TOGiI (VS RIVAL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4bf1u09F0w (VS JOHTO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5p2rcxksEM (VS KANTO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxarub7KuHo (VS RED)

FFHellDragon
01-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I want these, i'll get Lugia, my fav legendary!
And Totodile will be my starter too! :DD

XIamSogekingX
01-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Im a water trainer so Tododile would be my choice.

I think Gold/Silver/Crystal were my favorite of the series. Nice to have a remake :P

It was also nice that I got Gold/Silver two days before they came out. (Good to know people in the right place at the right time)

FFHellDragon
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I never got gold or silver (but i wanted them)

Instead i got Crystal, but that was awesome, the three legendary dogs :D

christmas4477
01-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I'll be getting SoulSilver, and starting with Cyndaquil

Oni
01-11-2010, 03:35 PM
I'll be getting HeartGold, since I originally had Silver.

EagleEyes
01-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Soul Silver, with my original starter Chika!

FFHellDragon
01-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Soul Silver FTW

Zero Gravity
01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Seems like Soul Silver is the clear favorite

FFHellDragon
01-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Of Course!

Lugia owns :3

Zero Gravity
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
This game also makes me look forward to the 13th movie!
It's gonna have 5th Gen Pokemon in it!

FFHellDragon
01-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Been hearing about that!

Sounds cool

Zero Gravity
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Hrm... better take the 13th Movie to an anime topic

FFHellDragon
01-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Good idea or this will be going away from the original topic xD

Zero Gravity
01-12-2010, 03:43 PM
For anyone who plans to Buy HG and or SS

there will be a Shiny Pichu event at they're local GameStop from January 30th to February 13th. Trading Shiny Pichu to your HG or SS will unlock the Notch Earred Pichu event in which the Pichu (from the Arceus movie) will join your party.
The Notch Earred Pichu is UN TRADABLE to any other game (even between HG and SS)

FFHellDragon
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
And we don't have a gamestop in England.

Tho i won't be surprised if Game will do it here!

Zero Gravity
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
And we don't have a gamestop in England.

Tho i won't be surprised if Game will do it here!

I'm a big fat cheater, I abuse my Gamefly privileges and rent 2 of either, Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, and I download numerous event Pokemon then transfer them to my Main Platinum game, I should have 5-6 by the end of the Pichu event, if you need one I'll trade ya one!

XIamSogekingX
01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm a big fat cheater, I abuse my Gamefly privileges and rent 2 of either, Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, and I download numerous event Pokemon then transfer them to my Main Platinum game, I should have 5-6 by the end of the Pichu event, if you need one I'll trade ya one!

lol I never thought about that. Good way of getting alot of Pichus :D

During the COD4 beta, I made several email accounts and got a bunch of codes and gave them to my friends.

Zero Gravity
01-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah I did that with Darkrai, Deoxys, Shaymin, Arceus and Dragonite

Oni
01-13-2010, 03:35 AM
It doesn't matter version you choose, every legendary is readily available in these games.

Zero Gravity
01-13-2010, 10:05 AM
It doesn't matter version you choose, every legendary is readily available in these games.

Well obviously, although theres no legitimate Mew, Jirachi, Shaymin other then events/bonus disks

Oni
01-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Well obviously, although theres no legitimate Mew, Jirachi, Shaymin other then events/bonus disks

I'm not talking about through the Pal Park, I'm talking about on the cartridge itself (That goes for every starter too).

But, yes, other then the event Pokemon.

Zero Gravity
01-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Well in theory you also can't get the Regis in Platinum unless you use the event Regigigas, so if you don't get that then there no Regis.

Oni
01-14-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm not talking about Platinum...I'm talking about Heart Gold and Soul Silver!

Zero Gravity
01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Well how would you get Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Regigigas, Cresselia, Mespirit, Azelf, Uxie, Heatran, Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, and Probopass without the aid of Platinum? :yurp:

I'm being a buzz kill aren't I? lol

dbull620
01-15-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm grabbing Soul Silver. I'll probably start with Cyndaquil, I usually pick the fire Pokemon to start with. I'm really bad though, this is the forth time I'll be buying a Gold/Silver/Crystal era game (yes, I have all three of the originals).

Chris
01-15-2010, 05:45 PM
HeartGold for me! Chikorita as my starter for sure.

I'm not a hardcore pokemon gamer, I enjoy them and have at least one from every Gen (except the Platinum gen. because I don't have a DS anymore). I definitely need another DS now.

I have no doubts that Silver/Gold/Crystal are by far the best generation of pokemon games out there. Although HGSS will never replace the experience of the originals, I'm excited to see how they compare.

On a more Sombre note, I went to go play my Crystal version and turns out I can't save the game anymore.. the internal battery must be dead. Darn! :(

Oni
01-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Well how would you get Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Regigigas, Cresselia, Mespirit, Azelf, Uxie, Heatran, Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, and Probopass without the aid of Platinum? :yurp:

I'm being a buzz kill aren't I? lol

Similar locations to Platinum cause the latter four to evolve. Regis aren't technically in Platinum, Pixies are roaming legendaries.

I'm not sure about Cresselia and Heatran.

Zero Gravity
01-16-2010, 10:03 PM
HeartGold for me! Chikorita as my starter for sure.

I'm not a hardcore pokemon gamer, I enjoy them and have at least one from every Gen (except the Platinum gen. because I don't have a DS anymore). I definitely need another DS now.

I have no doubts that Silver/Gold/Crystal are by far the best generation of pokemon games out there. Although HGSS will never replace the experience of the originals, I'm excited to see how they compare.

On a more Sombre note, I went to go play my Crystal version and turns out I can't save the game anymore.. the internal battery must be dead. Darn! :(

Theres a Nostalgia feature (as I like to call it), theres a Key Item you get in HGSS where you can change the music in HGSS to the original GSC music (of course new areas like the GTS and Battle Frontier get mixes as though they where in the original GSC)

I'm playing the Japanese HeartGold.
Currently my team is:

Feraligatr (Lv. 33 Surf/Shadow Claw/Ice Fang/Cut)
Ampahros (Lv. 33 Thunderpunch/ShockWave/Cotton Spore/Headbutt)
Togekiss (Lv. 24 Aura Sphere/Magical Leaf/Air Slash/Extrasensory)
Growlithe (Lv. 30 Fire Fang/Overheat/Bite/Reversal)
Eevee (Lv. 24 Shadow Ball/Quick Attack/Dig/Secret Power) (SHINY)

I'll admit, I was a little cheap and my Diamond version helped...
Traded Togetic over to Diamond and taught it magical Leaf, Evolve it, taught it Aura Sphere and Air Slash, sent it back with a TM for Overheat...
Trained Feraligatr and Ampharos and Growlithe a wee bit....

BUT EEVEE IS LEGIT!

EagleEyes
01-16-2010, 10:45 PM
I am so making a rain dance team. Let there be rain!

rivetKEH
01-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Can't wait for SS! :o Now I have friends to play competitively against! Pokemon is reviving for me =D

ZshadowX
01-17-2010, 02:19 AM
I will surely get HeartGold
i will like a rematch with my friends at school this time :P

Zero Gravity
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Has anyone heard the new Pokemon themes? Such as "Summoning the Legends" "Vs Lugia" or "Vs Ho-Oh"?

Oni
01-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah, old news.

Zero Gravity
01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Little bit of news, they're offering figurines for HeartGold and SoulSilver pre-orders, Ho-Oh and Lugia for HeartGold and SoulSIlver respectively.
It seems like they won't be offering the Arceus figurine for when you preorder both. So far the only place seeming to do this is Gamestop.
I put images at the top of the first page

G U R U
01-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I can't wait for these. Pokemon is timeless. Never gets old.

I'll probably pick Cyndaquil from the start since Grass pokes suck for the most part and Waters are too overpowered and there are better ones later on than Gator.

Stone
01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
I will get HeartSilver for sure, silver is my favourite pokemon game so far and I would love to see it touched up for the ds.

Zero Gravity
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM
It would seem Silver is the popular one to go with

Oni
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Treeko > Bulbasaur > Chikoreeta > Turtwig
Charmander > Torchic > Chimchar > Cyndaquil
Totodile > Squirtle > Piplup > Mudkip

Yes, those are greater than's, not arrows. I consider the best to be on the left.

Sandgolem
01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Here is my question, does this version include all 4 continents and any pokemon past gen 3? I was really disappointed in the fact that Pearl only had like 150 pokemon and only 1 continent it was like taking a step all the way back to the orginal games.

G U R U
01-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Treeko > Bulbasaur > Chikoreeta > Turtwig
Charmander > Torchic > Chimchar > Cyndaquil
Totodile > Squirtle > Piplup > Mudkip

Yes, those are greater than's, not arrows. I consider the best to be on the left.
I agree with this if you're just talking about their first forms and not there fully evolved forms.

For evolved I'd say
Sceptile > Venusaur > Torterra > Meganium
Infernape > Blaziken > Charizard > Typholsion
Swampert > Blastoise > Emploeon > Feraligator

As you can see even though the original GSC are my favorite pokemon games, I hate the starters.

Zero Gravity
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Here is my question, does this version include all 4 continents and any pokemon past gen 3? I was really disappointed in the fact that Pearl only had like 150 pokemon and only 1 continent it was like taking a step all the way back to the orginal games.

No it just has Jhoto and Kanto

EagleEyes
01-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Venusaur > Meganium > Torterra > Sceptile
Charizard > Typholsion > Blaziken > Infernape
Blastoise > Emploeon > Feraligator > Swampert

Zero Gravity
01-19-2010, 11:06 PM
hmmm

Blastoise > Feraligatr > Empoleon > Swampert
Typhlosion > Infernape > Blaziken > Charizard
Torterra > Venusaur > Sceptile > Meganium

Oni
01-19-2010, 11:49 PM
I agree with this if you're just talking about their first forms and not there fully evolved forms.

For evolved I'd say
Sceptile > Venusaur > Torterra > Meganium
Infernape > Blaziken > Charizard > Typholsion
Swampert > Blastoise > Emploeon > Feraligator

As you can see even though the original GSC are my favorite pokemon games, I hate the starters.

You may like Swampert, but stat-wise Empoleon is actually the strongest final evolution when it comes to the water starters.

G U R U
01-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Venusaur > Meganium > Torterra > Sceptile
Charizard > Typholsion > Blaziken > Infernape
Blastoise > Emploeon > Feraligator > Swampert
Clearly you aren't into competitive pokemon if you think this. Unless this is just your favorites list and not actually superiority list because I can tell you one thing, Infernape and Swampert are definitely the best Fire and Water starters. I've never actually played a Sceptile before I just hear really good things about it (Leaf Blade ftw) and add to the fact that the other grass starters are all kinda average.

EagleEyes
01-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Clearly you aren't into competitive pokemon if you think this. Unless this is just your favorites list and not actually superiority list because I can tell you one thing, Infernape and Swampert are definitely the best Fire and Water starters. I've never actually played a Sceptile before I just hear really good things about it (Leaf Blade ftw) and add to the fact that the other grass starters are all kinda average.

They were my favorites. Infernape and swampert fail as they are carbon copies of previous gen pokemon with boring type combination.

G U R U
01-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Ya I don't really like Infernape and Swampert favorite wise but you can't argue with results they are pretty damn good not just in the starter category but in all Fire and Water Pokes.

EagleEyes
01-20-2010, 12:37 AM
I don't see the point of swampert myself, what role is it meant to play. Bulky Water?

G U R U
01-20-2010, 01:13 AM
Ya you can run him as a Bulky Water with Curse and Rest and such. His Ground type makes him immune to electric but 4x weak to grass but grass isn't used that much anyway. Except for Grass Knot. That move is broken.

Oni
01-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Empoleon's type combination makes it much more powerful.

Water and Steel.

Almost all type advantages are nill.

Zero Gravity
01-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Honestly, I've never raised one yet, I plan to raise a Kingdra as my water type in SS, so his only weakness is Dragon.

Stone
01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
I think water type pokemon had always the flaw, that they didn´t have that many strong attacks, but since surfer got 15 AP they are just cheated, as you can teach that one to every water pokemon.

Kate
01-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Well, Blastoise has two 200% with better Defense and Speed than Empoleon. But, if Empoleon knew Grass Knot, the base power would be 80 to Blastoise (which would effect a little more since Grass is a weakness). Though, Blastoise could also have Earthquake. It depends on stats and attacks for what the outcome would be.

G U R U
01-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Empoleon's type combination makes it much more powerful.

Water and Steel.

Almost all type advantages are nill.
It doesn't matter if the types are good if he has a bad moveset. Swampert has Earthquake which is the best move in the game.

Zero Gravity
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM
yeah but he's still a big target for grass type attacks, like leaf blade, it's good to give him Protect and if possible give an Ice type move or have a fire type pokemon ready

Kate
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Let's just say this. It really all depends on what the stats are and the moveset. This can always decide a battle.

Zero Gravity
01-20-2010, 11:24 PM
it all depends on the strategy of your Pokemon.

Like I combo Torterra with Honchkrow, Earthquake/Heat Wave, somethings bound to be a hurting

G U R U
01-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Where did you get that sig anyway Zero Gravity? It's really nice.

Zero Gravity
01-21-2010, 12:44 AM
a friend did it for me on a different forum

Zero Gravity
01-28-2010, 08:33 PM
From February 27th to March 13th, Gamestop will be holding a Jirachi event, in which you can get a special Jirachi with the move Draco Meteor (a move unlearn able to anything other then Dragon Pokemon), when traded to HG or SS it unlocks the "Edge of the Night Sky" course in your Pokewalker

G U R U
01-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Siiiiiick.

mitamaking
01-30-2010, 07:12 PM
RESERVED!!!

I plan on getting that Jirachi to go with my Pikahu colored Pichu

Zero Gravity
03-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Theres only 3 more days until the release of the Amercan versions, be sure to the Nintnedo WiFi Myster Gift to get your shiny Pichu if you missed the Gamestop event!
Also, huddle over to Gamestop if you haven't gotten your Jirachi yet!
Jirachi unlocks a new course in the PokeWalker and Pichu unlocks a Notch Eared Pichu event in the HGSS games!

But thats not why i'm bumping this topic.
An event is happening in Japan that will eventually hit here at either your local Toys R Us or Gamestop.

When you pre-order a ticket for "Pokemon: Ruler of Illusions Zoroark" you get to download a shiny Raikou, Entei and Suicune.
Based on the wording, it seems like you get one of the three, but I'm unsure still how it works.

source: http://pokebeach.com/2010/03/shiny-raikou-entei-and-suicune-downloads-for-13th-movie-zoroark-ticket-preorder

Mollybibbles
03-12-2010, 06:58 AM
I don't get either game because I can't afford a DS to play said games with. I'll just be in the corner with my gameboy color playing original gold and silver.

Zero Gravity
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Well it's the 3rd day of the game's release. And I just got my SoulSilver and HeartGold in.
But I have an imported japanese HeartGold.
So anyone's opinions on the game thus far? Pokemon collected? pokewalker progress?
details details people!

Jubilee
05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
I like the fact that your poke's follow you...
Gym leader rematches provided something to do everyday...along with the usual swarms
I <3 Bug catching contest
...The getting starters after beating red is cool

These added alot of cool things, just like the originals, and I had a good time with em. Those were just some of the highlights that are sticking out in my head atm...

Zero Gravity
05-06-2010, 03:03 AM
A quick event update for people still fiddling with their Pokewalker
Starting today and until June 25th the "Winner's Course" will be available to everyone over the Nintendo WiFi
The Winner's path includes Pokemon with special moves as such:
Beldum - Zen Headbutt
Bronzor - Trick Room
Duskull - Imprison
Horsea - Muddy Water
Magikarp - Bounce
Munchlax - Selfdestruct

ONWARD! -goes for a Jog-

Jubilee
05-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Magikarp - Bounce

Now...that's what I'm talkin about! :biggrin:

Zero Gravity
07-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Wow, almost 3 months since the last post
OH WELL

SATURDAY JULY 27TH TO AUGUST 31ST

Playing SoulSilver but wanted Latias?
Playing HeartGold but wanted Latios?
NEVER FEAR!
The Enigma Stone Event! turn on your NDS, log onto the Nintendo WiFi and download your Enigma Stone! The Enigma Stone allows you to battle/capture either Latias or Latios, depending on which version you own (Latias for SoulSilver, and Latios for HeartGold).
You can battle Lati@s after talking to Steven in the pewter City museum after receiving the Enigma Stone!

TheNinja4759
07-31-2010, 03:42 AM
I was *forced* to trade in my HG.. but I got DQ9 and a pre-order for the new Golden Sun game.. Plus I'm totally planning on getting SS and Black when it comes out.

Zero Gravity
07-31-2010, 05:05 AM
I was *forced* to trade in my HG.. but I got DQ9 and a pre-order for the new Golden Sun game.. Plus I'm totally planning on getting SS and Black when it comes out.

-smacks the insolent one for trading in the HG-

TheNinja4759
07-31-2010, 05:11 AM
-smacks the insolent one for trading in the HG-

HEY! It was either that, or not get, in my opinion, one of the greatest games EVER to come out on the DS, even though it's been out for like, a month or so. Besides. I've got Gold, Silver, and Crystal on GBC. Beat that.

Zero Gravity
07-31-2010, 05:17 AM
I have all the games plus duplicates, mainly from friends not playing anymore, plus I pick them up when i see them at tag sales, they still sell for a pretty penny

3 Blue versions
4 Red versions
1 Green Version (yeah right, like I was gonna order more then one >_>)
5 Yellow Versions
2 Gold versions
6 Silver versions
4 Crystal versions

check and mate

TheNinja4759
07-31-2010, 05:23 AM
meh. that means you are a bigger nerd than i. good going.

Zero Gravity
07-31-2010, 05:33 AM
Im not "De PokeMaster" for nothing! >:D

TheNinja4759
07-31-2010, 05:41 AM
more like DERP PokéMaster

Zero Gravity
10-12-2010, 05:47 PM
LIVE MY TOPIC! LIVE!

Starting This Friday (October 15th 2010), owners of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver via Nintendo WiFi will be able to download the Mirage Pokemon Mew (Although Mew is listed as the "New Species Pokemon"). It will be available until October 30th 2010, and will be at Lv. 5 and know Pound

Jubilee
10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
LIVE MY TOPIC! LIVE!

Starting This Friday (October 15th 2010), owners of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver via Nintendo WiFi will be able to download the Mirage Pokemon Mew (Although Mew is listed as the "New Species Pokemon"). It will be available until October 30th 2010, and will be at Lv. 5 and know Pound

FINALLY!!!!!! :awesome:

Kate
10-13-2010, 01:49 AM
I want the Mew..... NOW!

Rhetorical Gamer
11-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Dose anybody know if they are going to remake crystal version???
It what got me into pokemon!! And I want to relive those memories!!!

Zero Gravity
11-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Dose anybody know if they are going to remake crystal version???
It what got me into pokemon!! And I want to relive those memories!!!

HeartGold/SoulSilver IS a remake of Crystal
(proof being Eusine, and the Suicune event).

And Since we're on Gen V, they're not gonna make a 3rd of HGSS, also considering they never made a 3rd for FRLG

Kate
12-20-2010, 09:52 PM
I just recently found out you can obtain the legendary trio dogs in their shiny forms this coming January and February. You have to go to a Gamestop near you to obtain them. However, they are on different weeks and can only be obtained in one week.

Raikou - January 3rd through January 9th
Entei - January 17th through January 23rd
Suicune - January 31st through February 6th

Each of them will have a move they don't normally learn. Raikou has Weather Ball, Entei has Flare Blitz, and Suicune has Sheer Cold. There's also other events that'll occur with them. That and other info can be read from the link below.

http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Zero Gravity
12-20-2010, 10:04 PM
o_o

-marries Kate-

RAIKOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :D

Merry Christmas to us all.

January 30th until February 5th, Avalible to all Gen IV games (DPPtHGSS). An Ash's Pikachu will be distributed at Toys R Us.
The Pikachu will be Lv 50, will have the moves Volt tackle, Thunder Bolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and will be of the Naughty nature

sith alchemist
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
i just want the shiny beasts so i can get zoroak in black and white

nerdwerld
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I need to do the events more... I'm lazy and havn't done any events since I got Soul Silver.

Jrockergirl
01-12-2011, 03:35 AM
there is a special US tour for pokemon going on between feb and march for pokemon happening at different malls.

Special game and events will be held and looks like a mini pokemart will happen too

Zero Gravity
01-14-2011, 09:45 PM
there is a special US tour for pokemon going on between feb and march for pokemon happening at different malls.

Special game and events will be held and looks like a mini pokemart will happen too

that would be the Pokemon Black and White mall tour, that will be giving out the exact same Celebi being given away at Gamestop after they release the Shiny Suicune (who is after Shiny Entei)

That would be posted on the Black and White topic