PDA

View Full Version : A Little Info About Me (actually alot of info) =D

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Hey everyone at 91.8 The Fan, my name is A.Jay. For now Im going by XIamSogekingX. I learned about 91.8 The Fan from the LittleKuriboh promotional video and have been listening to this station non-stop since then.

I am currently attending Marshall University going into Broadcast Journalism. I am working my way to be an actor/voice actor and love doing plays, videos, and whatever else that can improve my skills. I would love to do voice work for an anime but I would also like to do acting in TV shows and movies. My favorite shows are House MD, M*A*S*H, and Whose Line is it Anyway. My favorite Animes are One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, the Haruhi Suzumiya series, and much much more.

I went into Journalism because I love to write stories and would one day help write for books, animes, TV shows, and more. I am also involved with video production and am starting to learn more about broadcasting on the radio.

If I could, I would really like to know more about how I can get more involved in helping out with this radio station. I looked on the volunteer page but there doesn't seem to be anything on there at the moment.

I love the music on here and really want this station to stick around because I find myself listening to it all the time now. The programs are also very informative and really help me get my geek on with these interviews and anime info. Thanks for bringing this station into existenece and I hope to hear more from everyone.

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
01-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Another university student! Welcome!

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Indeed and thank you. What University are you attending?

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
01-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Indeed and thank you. What University are you attending?

I'm attending University of Nevada, Las Vegas. I'm majoring in Asian Studies, with minors in Japanese and Linguistics.

Since you're in for Broadcast Journalism, it sounds like you've probably got plenty to offer in way of helping with the site.

Kanashimi
01-10-2010, 02:13 AM
Thanks for joining! Yes, I know I need to get the volunteer page up, sorry. It'll be up tomorrow morning without a doubt, so don't fret.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Also, we're happy you're enjoying 91.8 The Fan (tell all your university buddies). :3

Oni
01-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Ah, another Whose Line fan. Which version? The British or American version, or both?

EagleEyes
01-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Ah, another Whose Line fan. Which version? The British or American version, or both?

American is better but both are great.

Any way Greetings and enjoy your stay :awesome:

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 03:14 AM

I like the later seasons of the British one and every bit of the American one.

Thanks and I'll keep coming and interacting with the site and forum. Indeed, Broadcast Journalism is a great degree to be in to help out in a radio setting. Like I said, I would be more then glad to help to keep this radio station up.

Elk
01-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Your tastes are impeccable And your choice of character to name yourself after is top notch.

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Your tastes are impeccable And your choice of character to name yourself after is top notch.

Thank you :D

Sogeking is not only one of my favorite anime characters, but when it comes to shooting games like Call of Duty or Halo, Im always the sniper and often the more tactical one in the group so it's a good name overall.

ace8489
01-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi,I thought I would stop by for a random hello so hows it going?

Rocco
01-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Hello and welcome to the site!

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Thank you for the warm welcomes. Nice to know this is a very active community.