PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers Dear Brother... Episode 008 Discussion

Kanashimi
09-28-2013, 02:43 PM
So when it comes down to it I don't feel like Mariko is evil. I feel like she's just misunderstood. She obviously has no idea how to have an actual friendship. Nanako is her only friend and most likely she has abandonment issues due to her dad. I think realistically Mariko could learn to accept a normal friendship, but not if Nanako is suddenly shunning her.

That what she was doing the first half of the episode now that she was friends with Tomoko again. It was sudden and a little unsettling considering Nanako's character.

I feel bad for all parties involved, but it was a really neat episode.

Elk
09-28-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't either, she's just a little insane, and that's ok. I feel like they'll be able to patch that up easily, if only because Nanako is such a good person. I think she got a taste of what Mariko's life is like and when she calms down she'll understand her better. I get the fear, she was almost illegally confined. And once she got out she could see the frantic sadness Mariko had but was still freaked out and in GTFO mode.

The other thing is jesus christ Miya is evil. Like it's hard to fully read her intentions, but she's obviously evil. Just recently she forced Nanako to stay in the sorority and try and overcome the bullying, and then she sets the biggest ♫♫♫♫♫ in the series on her, tempting her to up the bullying with dreams of joining the sorority, with a warning to be sneaky about it or she'll get slammed by the other sorority members.