PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Without God Episode 001 discussion

nerdwerld
07-26-2013, 07:16 PM
It has been awhile since I watched the first episode, but I do remember it being a bit confusing. The world itself needed a bit of build-up, but it does a good job at basically telling you what happened. So apparently god abandoned the world, and people can't die nor can they reproduce. He then also left a miracle which were the Gravekeepers. Apparently these gravekeepers are the only people who can kill the people who can't die. So they are kinda like grim reapers, but are very ritualized in the way they end people which is of course a very Asian way to deal with death. I like the idea, and concepts in the anime so far.

MakiMaki
07-30-2013, 01:21 AM
I was blown away by the animation quality. The color saturation in various scenes gave it a surreal type of feel to it...down to the persistent glowing/stringy-mist things that seemed to emanate from a variety of objects in the scenes.

nerdwerld
07-30-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm assuming the glowing/stringy-mist things has something to do with Gravekeepers abilities.

MakiMaki
08-03-2013, 12:16 PM
I think those effects are visible throughout the scenes. Like the whole world is emitting them. I'll have to look at that in the next episode