PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers Say "I Love You" Episode 001 Discussion

Kanashimi
07-14-2013, 02:04 AM
Kind of a depressing first half of an episode... Also, the hint of a potential stalker and/or rapist in the bakery? I expected this to be a more, well, romance type of series. It felt like a total downer. Mei is pretty unlikable as a character. Not many people isolate themselves so easily from everything, so it makes it hard to relate to her in general.

The only thing that gave me hope for this was the ending. It was a nice build up to explain the creepy stalker and establish Mei and Yamato as friends, but was the kiss really needed? It was a pretty inconsiderate move from Yamato after learning she has no connection to anyone. I understand he was trying to help her, but saying he was her boyfriend would have been enough to get the guy to go away.

In the end, not sure what to think. I'm hoping this gets a little less dramatic as time goes on and more focused on the relationship aspect, but obviously with Mei's luck with bullies and Yamato's popularity I'm sure things will end up dicey.

MakiMaki
07-20-2013, 08:25 PM
This is one series that takes its sweet time to get moving. That is one of the complaints that I often see about Say I Love You.