PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers Requiem From The Darkness Episode 002 Discussion

Kanashimi
07-07-2013, 08:15 PM
That was certainly a leap from episode one! I was quite fond of this episode mostly for the twist. I would have never guessed that the inn-owner was the supposed Willow Woman.

It also seems hinted that the three people who work together have more of a past, and aren't just some sort of guardians of the dead. I'm really curious about their backstory.

I will say I hope the main character, the author, becomes a bit more useful. He really isn't very interesting so far, which makes sense considering he's meant to be the viewer. He has a disconnect from everything and is just overly curious. Still, I think it would be more appealing if he got a bigger role.

nerdwerld
07-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Re-watched the first two episodes and currently on the third. I originally watched this when it was on Sci-fi, but I remembered that I really enjoyed it. I enjoy the folklore element, and the slight use of historical setting since it is in the Bakamatsu technically.
Second episode set up a good back character for Gin, but also had a great twist. The author is still an interesting character in my eyes, because he is fairly knowledgeable, but at combat and other things he is pretty pathetic.