PDA

View Full Version : Sonic the Hedgehog (Live Action Fan Film)

Zero Gravity
03-30-2013, 02:15 PM
A new piece of work came out from BlueCoreStudios (The people behind Megaman the Movie). It's a a free, 18 1/2 movie protraying the blue blur in a real live setting. It's filled with questionable animation.
BUT, included in the film are cameos by popular celebrities you may know, including nerds, critics and people who need to floss.
And incase your wondering, yes, the voice of Sonic is none other than Jaleel White, the original voice behind the Saturday morning Sonic cartoons.
While not the best piece of work, given the limit budget, and time (and considering it's free). I was extremley skeptical and face palming as bits and pieces of the trailer came out. But honestly? I enjoyed it. I Truly, truly did.

Thoughts?

JtCtQpclpY8

Kanashimi
03-30-2013, 02:57 PM
I couldn't watch past... I couldn't even get to Sonic. I know it's a fan film, but this just didn't work out for me.

Zero Gravity
03-31-2013, 03:41 AM
I couldn't watch past... I couldn't even get to Sonic. I know it's a fan film, but this just didn't work out for me.

lol! Most people only make it to Sonic, what drove you away before Sonic?

Bobby Henshin
04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I actually suffered through the whole thing lol

Zero Gravity
05-10-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm just curious to know, despite knowing that they poured every dime they could into this project, especially with their limited resources, why do you guys give it the low opinion you have for it? Why don't you kinda give an "A for effort" or "Not bad given their resources, but could have done better"?

Kanashimi
05-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm just curious to know, despite knowing that they poured every dime they could into this project, especially with their limited resources, why do you guys give it the low opinion you have for it? Why don't you kinda give an "A for effort" or "Not bad given their resources, but could have done better"?

Just because it's a fan project doesn't give it an "A" for greatness. I also extremely dislike the Sailor Moon live action project that was recently done. Most of the things in the fan film, from what I remember, looked off. As in they met something called the uncanny valley. It looks creepy, off putting, and you can't sympathize with something that looks like that.

If it looks obviously fake then it feels B-movie fake, it comes off cheesy.