PDA

View Full Version : Romance anime's?

montie6293
11-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Anyone here into romance anime? If so we should discuss and recommend anime to each other.

I have seen Zero no tsukaime, toradora, ituzara na kiss, clannad, kanon, air, nodame cantabile, onegai teacher, onegai twins, hidan no aria, shakugan no shana, my bride is a mermaid, Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, crescent love, Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai, special A, Lovely Complex, Myself;Yourself.

I know some of these aren't true romances and are more action romances but they still have good romance aspects in my opinion.

If anyone can recommend some others to me please reply, thank you.

Bobby Henshin
11-06-2012, 08:14 AM
well i did get a chance to see the live action of hana Kimi and the korean drama My girl friend is a Gumoho *probably didnt spelll that right XD * but they were funny shows

Kanashimi
11-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Always gonna throw up ef ~ A Tale Of Memories.

Yumene
11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
My favorite would have to be Strawberry Panic, it's a short series, but it was sweet.
Myself Yourself was good as well, imo. :)

montie6293
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks, I will check out strawberry panic and a tale of memories.

Kanashimi
11-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I should read better... I totally didn't see Ah! My Goddess or Ai Yori Aoshi in your list. They do have sub-plots and some action things to them, but regardless the main characters romance is sugary sweet. :)

montie6293
11-07-2012, 07:48 AM
I have seen ah my goddess but for some reason i didn't write it down even though i was typing while looking at some of my list. i thought it was a pretty good show as well.

My favorite shows are the one's done by KEY, you know the whole sad story love thing.

If you know any shows like that besides the ones done by KEY please give me some recommendations like that as well.

Snapplemonkey
11-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't think "Harem" anime should be listed as romance. Sure there are some romance elements to it, but they are generally created so that the viewer can choose his favorite girl between a number of stereotypes, and then that would generate further monetizing and popularity of products related to the anime. There are however romance anime disguised as harem anime (Toradora is a great example of this) where the main protagonist actually chooses a girl at the end of the series.

My favorite romance anime to date though would have to be Kimi ni Todoke, I know it's target audience is women, but the romance and atmosphere was so nice I couldn't help myself.

MakiMaki
11-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Don't forget Ef Tale of Melodies :D

I started watching Toradora on Crunchyroll, which seems to be a wacky romance comedy thus far. (Taiga is adorable!) Pretty funny stuff!

Aniki
11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm so happy to see other people recommending ef - memories. It's one of my top shows all time.

Kare Kano/His and Her Circumstances is a good one, if a bit old. Let's see... more recently, Mysterious Girlfriend X is an odd, comedic romance, Mashiroiro Symphony is sweet/bittersweet, Hanasaku Iroha is slice of life with young love (and one of my more recent favorites), Gosick for historical fiction/mystery/romance, Ano Natsu de Matteru for alien/comedy/romance, I guess The World God Only Knows would be like the Pokémon of romance... gotta catch 'em all. Kinda similar in story flow to The World God Only Knows would be Amagami SS, an anime based on a dating sim.

Okie dokie. That's my 2¢ for now. Enjoy!

--EDIT--
Maki's siggy reminds me... I consider Elfen Lied to be a romance at its core, so I'll throw that out there, too.

moonhawk81
11-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Clannad is probably my favorite, followed by Tale of Memories. Lately I've been following two new ones on Crunchyroll, if they count in the romance genre: My Little Monster and The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. I'm loving them both!

montie6293
01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
i finished ef a tale of memories, loved it

Musamichi
01-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Definitely recommend His and Her Circumstances/Kare Kano as a older classic and though I have not seen Ef Tales of Memories, I heard nothing but good things from them.

montie6293
01-15-2013, 08:54 AM
I havent seen kare kano yet but I shall surely put it on my to watch list thanks for the reccomendation

Musamichi
01-16-2013, 09:16 AM
I havent seen kare kano yet but I shall surely put it on my to watch list thanks for the reccomendation

Anytime, fellow michigander ^O^

MakiMaki
04-30-2013, 02:29 PM
This thread needs more love...pun intended! :giggle:

Suki-tte Ii na yo (aka Say "I Love You")
http://www.crunchyroll.com/say-i-love-you

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (aka My Little Monster)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/my-little-monster

I enjoyed both of these, though there are some similar elements between them. I found Say "I Love You" to be more serious with bits of comedy sprinkled in. My Little Monster was more comedy with bits of serious sprinkled in.

Of the two, My Little Monster was my favorite.

Musamichi
04-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Love successfully injected! lol

Adding on to the list is ah my goddess =)

LivingShadow
05-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Besides having an obviously romance related title, Hatsukoi Limited has an interesting take on the genre. It's technically a shonen romance series, but done mostly from the perspective of the girls.