PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

EagleEyes
12-24-2009, 02:57 AM
Just to join in the festive season, I wanted to wish every one at 918 a merry christmas.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/107297062/Christmas_Anime_Craze_2008_by_haruningster.jpg

Have Fun Kiddies!

TheDrunkenShadow
12-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Merry Christmas to all you... people.

... I'mma go cook some awesome desserts now.

Elk
12-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Happy Saturnalia everyone.

Shadows_Revenge
12-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Bah humbug... I hate christmas. Its just another holiday destroyed by cooperations. Its been forced into our minds that we HAVE to get someone gifts or else we just ruined christmas... That aspect can go rot in hell for all I care...

So I wish everyone a happy True Spirit of Christmas, and good will towards your fellow man.

Plus its just another day to party and get drunk ;)

EagleEyes
12-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Bah humbug... I hate christmas. Its just another holiday destroyed by cooperations. Its been forced into our minds that we HAVE to get someone gifts or else we just ruined christmas... That aspect can go rot in hell for all I care...

So I wish everyone a happy True Spirit of Christmas, and good will towards your fellow man.

Time off work dude, No complaints here :D

Elk
12-24-2009, 01:48 PM

I like the gift giving aspect, and I'm always bummed when I don't have what I need to get the presernts the people I love deserve, but it's all about the thought that counts.

Even if it's DIY, the act of giving is what's important, though the recieving is good too. Corporatization is obviously an evil, to someone like me, but if you ignore the media blitz you're good.

Kanashimi
12-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Merry Christmas!

I be a good gift giver, I love Christmas and usually start shopping really early. It's also a nice way to start a new year.

Sandgolem
12-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Hrombi ! (I think thats how its spell!)

Happy Hanuka!

Merry Christmas!

Llian
12-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Happy Holidays everyone~

Bonediddly
12-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Happy Boxing Day Eve!

Kibs
12-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Meery Christmas.

I be a pretty good gift giver myself, at least when it comes to loved ones :beb:

♫♫♫♫ you if you find the fact that I'm wishing you well offensive~

Mistress Victoria
12-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Haha, nice one Kibs. XD

Yes, Happy Wintereenmas!

Rocco
12-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Thats really all there is to say on the matter...

Elc1247
12-26-2009, 03:24 AM
I like the gift giving aspect, and I'm always bummed when I don't have what I need to get the presernts the people I love deserve, but it's all about the thought that counts.

Even if it's DIY, the act of giving is what's important, though the recieving is good too. Corporatization is obviously an evil, to someone like me, but if you ignore the media blitz you're good.

well... ignore CNN, MSNBC, and FOXNEWS, then you will have much less of a headache... the news I watch is BBC News, Russia Today, and Deutsche Welle (British, Russian, and German).

but yes, i approve of Christmas because of the general feeling of good will that it brings.

so a merry christmas to everyone.

Elk
12-27-2009, 11:25 PM
So what did everyone get?
Here's my haul, and what I gave out:

Desk
1TB External HD
Wacom Bamboo Tablet
L4D2 PC
NSMB Wii
MW2 360
The Hangover \ Combo gift to me and my bro
New TPB movie /
Hot Pink Coin Counting Bank } Bro got one too. Apparently my mom never bothered to look at the colours.
150bux } "Anywhere gift certificates"
Stocking Stuffers.

Me and my bro got my dad a bunch of clothes and a watch, and my mom one of those coffee makers that does the water filtration and grinds the beans on it's own, my grandma a new phone, and my mom's bf a new monitor. And I got my bro some good work boots.

Shadows_Revenge
12-28-2009, 12:14 PM
DJ Hero and clothes, thats about it

Shadowblade Edge
12-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Purple Rain on BluRay, and this (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10096975) whenever they come back in to stock.

Kanashimi
12-28-2009, 02:55 PM
@Shadows_Revenge: What system? Maybe we can play against each other on DJ Hero.

@Shadowblade Revenge: The new Ratchet & Clank is so good, enjoy~

My Christmas was super-special-awesome. I loved going to work the day of Christmas, and asking what everyone had got. Many of them said a Wii or a console, but I had the upper hand. I could say... mine is blue! MAWAHAHAHA!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/Kanashimi_Tenshi/Christmas/IMG00065-20091228-1320.jpg

I brought the Wiimote and Nunchuck into work, both of which are blue. My boss, Rob, was fondling the thing all emo like. It was quite hilarious for me, but I'm a bragger, and blue is an awesome color.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/Kanashimi_Tenshi/Christmas/IMG00072-20091228-1323.jpg

I initially had a bit of trouble figuring out where to set it up. My beautiful Playstation 3 had to itself its own side table, which had worked out quite nicely since I like the console laying flat. The large lettering up front looks better presented, and the shiny finish gathers more attention that way.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/Kanashimi_Tenshi/Christmas/IMG00068-20091228-1321.jpg

As you can see, my PS3 is a big hog, but I shook the table a bit and slammed my door (which is nearby) to make sure there wouldn't be anything to make them fall on each other. The stand on Wii keeps it pretty much in place without any worry of instabilities.

Of course, the awesome person who got me the awesome that is the Blue Wii, also got me an array of games.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/Kanashimi_Tenshi/Christmas/IMG00073-20091228-1324.jpg

That's like my second Metal Gear copy, but you can never have enough. I haven't tried to the charger yet because the batteries of my Wii have yet to die or even lower past the third bar. I was pretty surprised they lasted so long, I've played at least twenty to thirty hours on the thing by now. Most of what I've been playing has been Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (which a little someone got early, mawahaha).

I broadcasted a bit of both, like old times, and was sort of thinking of picking that up... or recording Let's Plays. I suppose it would depend on other people's interest in watching.

Lastly, a few other things of note. My brother and his family gave me a lot, though the anime bath soap seemed more like a very otaku-smelly joke I couldn't shake. Thanks, guys. They also got me a gift card, and a bunch of anime for sale at 20% off from SunCoast that I didn't take pictures of.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/Kanashimi_Tenshi/Christmas/IMG00075-20091228-1326-1.jpg

On the plus side, I got my brother back by getting plenty of pictures of him looking like a retard. That was a good gift in itself.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/Kanashimi_Tenshi/Christmas/IMG00060-20091225-1801.jpg

I had a really good Christmas. My mom was sort of emo for not getting me more, but I keep trying to tell her its fine. I got a lot of awesome gifts as is. I hope everyone got what they wanted!

Shadowblade Edge
12-28-2009, 03:30 PM
@Shadowblade Revenge: The new Ratchet & Clank is so good, enjoy~I actually beat it two days ago, and it was only OK, the last scene was really good though.

Elc1247
12-28-2009, 05:33 PM
haha... its not like i can afford anything anymore... let alone my family can afford much... i got $60USD, thats it, 1 present.

TheDrunkenShadow
12-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I got some shirts, a $20 gift card, and an awesome Australian watch that can keep track of more than one time zone (I don't have to subtract 3 hours for PST now. \o/ ) as well as being able to live through depths underwater of up to 100 meters. While I doubt I'll be 100 meters underwater, It is comforting to know my watch won't be ruined from jumping into a creek like the last 3... :D

EagleEyes
12-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I am an awesome australian watch :o

Any who, I got my car insurance / registration paid for. General car stuffs, an awesome NCIS hat, clothes and gift vouchers.

I like it when people get me things like clothes that way I dont have to spend my own money on them :p

Shadows_Revenge
12-29-2009, 10:44 AM
@Shadows_Revenge: What system? Maybe we can play against each other on DJ Hero.
[/LEFT]

on the 360, as I dont own a ps3 yet

Nice blue wii btw, never seen that color. Now when they come out with a black one Ill get it ;)

And I also have a pair of those nightvision goggles, and yes they are as epic as that pic shows

ZshadowX
12-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Merry Christmas Everybody ^~^

~ I just got some clothes and 20 bucks..... not bad at all ^^
( but I ate too much Tamales x~x...... im sooo full!)

EagleEyes
12-25-2010, 09:41 PM
I am getting my room painted and new furniture. Pics will be posted in the fanatic section.

I have to help paint though. Hardly fair T.T

moonhawk81
12-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Happy Yule and merry Christmas, all! My kids got me a 3-pound bag of peanut M&M's, and my youngest daughter baked me some brownies. And, of course, most of the grandkids showed up for a visit! :)

Jubilee
12-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

I have gotten a collection of things...mostly cash, but also:

-A new Blankey
-A New Orleans Saint's Garden Gnome (I know right? XD)
-A New Orleans Saint's Wheel cover for my steering wheel
-A New Orleans Saint's Super Bowl Pennant (I like the Saints ... >.>)
-Grandma Candy :awesome:
-Whatever I get in my stocking at my last Xmas tomorrow ...(Will update :awesome:)

All in all, just another Christmas...
Always makes me feel sad that I'm not a little kid who gets so excited about it anymore =(

moonhawk81
12-25-2010, 10:05 PM
not excited about a NOLA Saints garden gnome?!

Jubilee
12-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Oh I am excited...it was just a mega WTF am I gonna do with this moment. XD

moonhawk81
12-25-2010, 10:23 PM
lol. one of those, huh?

Zero Gravity
12-25-2010, 11:01 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
http://img4.gelbooru.com//images/542/90f58efe874dc4c9cd0231c5c1c203f082aa5b51.jpg

jessileo127
12-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Merry Christmas Guys:
As I said on air I got
a new bike
a couple of DS games
a biking hat / helmet that allows you to stick lego peices on it (at the moment i mase thunder bolts but making kitty ears today <3)
A box of lego for the hat
a camera with a memory thing and an awesome blue cover...
Finger drums - these are a set of really tiny electrical drums that only your finger can fit onto so you tap on it and it makes the drum sound ^.^
some epic gloves that dont allow wet <3
the rest was stocking fillers, yummy adult chocolates and a mix dvd of all the best moments of David Tennant and Jonny depp <3

Shidohari
12-26-2010, 10:42 AM
I got all my stuff earlier this year, so santa didn't have to stop again on his actual rounds.

Got a new dining room table, help with some vet bills for my cat.

Yeah i'm good.

Leviathan Mist
12-26-2010, 10:56 AM
I can't lie, I actually got something this year. Basically, everyone in my family knows I've been searching unsuccessfully to find a job for the past 2 years, so they all gave me money. All together I got $270, which is a huge amount to me, especially for gifts. (Just last year I thought the $100 gift I got was huge for a gift, at the time it was the most money I'd ever received as a gift.) I also got Tekken 6 for PS3 and a box of chocolate covered cherries. Omnomnom.

I really REALLY need to get a job >.<

Hey, at least I can buy a t-shirt now :P

Shidohari
12-26-2010, 01:00 PM
and clean underwear... Clean underwear is always important :D

Zero Gravity
12-26-2010, 02:37 PM
I got....

Call of Duty Black Ops (360)
Spiderman Shattered Dimension (360)
Medal of Honor (360)
$50 Gamestop Giftcard
iHome (for my iPod)
New shaving razor set
Shonen Jump Subscription Renewal

Tsundere
12-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Even though its late... Merry christmas!!!
Well I got:
Golden sun: Dark dawn. A good game...... Which I have sunk 10 hours into... In one day....
Fallout new vegas. This is actually harder than fallout 3 was.... And more buggy
Slayers complete first series. Which I am about to watch the first episode of.
Gundam seed complete collection part 2. Hurray more recycled animation.
Clothes. Always good to have some new clothes.
And stocking fillers.
I had a good christmas this year. I was not on to say this yesterday because it was christmas.

Rhetorical Gamer
12-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Feliz Navidad!
I got: 30 Bucks and a whole lot of NES games!

EagleEyes
12-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Feliz Navidad!
I got: 30 Bucks and a whole lot of NES games!

NES #shock

Rhetorical Gamer
12-26-2010, 07:03 PM
NES #shock
NES!!!!!!!!

Kanashimi
12-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Ack, I'll get pictures like I did last year. It's so surreal seeing a year old thread being responded to. Makes what I do worthwhile <3 Also, late Merry Christmas!

Leviathan Mist
12-26-2010, 11:53 PM
NES!!!!!!!!

*thumbs up* I approve.

Shidohari
12-27-2010, 04:40 AM
about these pictures...are they good pictures or are they to be used as blackmail?