PDA

View Full Version : Which con should I go too?

Kayarath
08-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Hey everyone, I'm in need of Con advice! The next two cons (that I know of) in my area are Katsucon and MangaNEXT. However, they're only a week apart! There's no way I can go to them both so I figure I ask here! Which Con would be the best one I can go cover as press?

I've been to MangaNEXT (http://www.manganext.org/) before and it was pretty cool. I've written an article about it if you're curious.

I've never been Katsucon (http://www.katsucon.com/) before though. It seems that they're gonna have a maid cafe. That's totally worth "reporting" on, because I'm sure you'll love an article about going to a Maid Cafe!

Any thoughts?

Zero Gravity
08-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Katsucon, try a variety of convention :3

Kanashimi
08-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Katsucon has a long history and usually gets big guests for it.

Bargain Gamer
08-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Honestly I'm kind of interested in Katsucon myself, though I've never been to either con. As for other possible cons, I'm debating attending Nekocon in November. It's a bit farther off though, so it may be out of your range, I dunno.

Kayarath
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Honestly I'm kind of interested in Katsucon myself, though I've never been to either con. As for other possible cons, I'm debating attending Nekocon in November. It's a bit farther off though, so it may be out of your range, I dunno.

Nekocon is out of my range #bawww

Katsucon is though, and appears to be the most popular option (as of this posting, this may change later). So to Katsucon I will go!

Leviathan Mist
08-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Go to Leviathan Mist-con, to be held at my house, on any day. Attending will be such famous guests as Leviathan Mist, Leviathan Mist's cat, Leviathan Mist's computer, and more!

Bargain Gamer
08-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Go to Leviathan Mist-con, to be held at my house, on any day. Attending will be such famous guests as Leviathan Mist, Leviathan Mist's cat, Leviathan Mist's computer, and more!

Now THAT sounds like a fun con! #chie

Leviathan Mist
08-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Now THAT sounds like a fun con! #chie

Dude, it will be sick! See people, you can even get Bargain Gamer's autograph, since he will surely be attending.

Bargain Gamer
08-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Yes, come and get my autograph! All... two of you... #nanasad

Leviathan Mist
08-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Yes, come and get my autograph! All... two of you... #nanasad

Aww, don't be all sad like that #kanarage

Bargain Gamer
08-30-2011, 09:59 PM
...k. #gulp

Kaitekarue
08-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Come to manganext. I am planning on taking my sister. We usually spend our time at anime next. T.T (is poor college kid who cant afford convention costs WAAAH!) but we are going to try to make time this year for a little more. I want to go to a smaller convention.

Bargain Gamer
08-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Manganext, huh? That's actually within my range. I... I will need to consider this.

And to think, a year ago I thought Otakon was the only con within 5 hours of me.

Cheflelouch
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
well I say go to both "if you have the money"
I can recomend none cause I havent been in those cons

Kayarath
01-02-2012, 11:18 PM
So, is any one else going to Katsucon? I totally need a hotel roommate or a person living nearby I can with! Anyone?????

OtakuManiac
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I'd go to a con if I had the money. I've never been to one so does anyone have suggestions?

Kayarath
01-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I'd go to a con if I had the money. I've never been to one so does anyone have suggestions?

Amazingly enough, Katsucon (http://www.katsucon.com/) may be perfect for you! Since you live in Virgina, you may be able to get to Washington D.C. (the con's location) with ease! There's even a cool guy who you can share a hotel room with to cut down on hotel costs!

Kanashimi
01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Might I also suggest looking through animecons.com --- also, you should check your area for concerts and festivals as well since those can be just as fun as conventions.

OtakuManiac
01-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Amazingly enough, Katsucon (http://www.katsucon.com/) may be perfect for you! Since you live in Virgina, you may be able to get to Washington D.C. (the con's location) with ease! There's even a cool guy who you can share a hotel room with to cut down on hotel costs!

Really? And who is this cool guy? :D And the only other problem is that I'm a college student without a license and car so...yeah T.T

nerdwerld
01-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Really? And who is this cool guy? :D And the only other problem is that I'm a college student without a license and car so...yeah T.T

Bum rides off people like I do...

Cheflelouch
01-13-2012, 04:26 AM

Well If I could recommend a con it would be Anime Central here in chicago Illinois
Yea I know its a little bit far but its worth it after all its the Midwest’s largest anime, manga and Japanese popular culture convention.
if your budget its low like mine then to like kanashimi and look fro a con next you your area even if its a small con or festival the experience of the fist Con can never be replace
"thinking about it brings back good times":awesome:

NobouMansu
01-13-2012, 10:44 PM
It's a bit far for me to go to this year, but I've had a few great years at Katsucon. I highly recommend it.

Animelover19
12-04-2012, 07:09 PM
This Weekend's Conventions Are
Anime Crossroads : December 7-9 in Indianapolis,IN
Midlands Anime And Manga Fan Event : December 8 In Staffordshine,UK
Yama-Con : December 8-9 In Pigeon Forge,TN
Toronto AnimeCon : December 9 In Toronto,ON