PDA

View Full Version : What Music Genre Do You Like Most?

Elc1247
12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
ok, im gonna throw this question out there, what kind of genres do you guys all like out there? list your favorites. as i will:

J-Rock
J-Pop
Rock
Pop
Brit-Pop

I spend half my time listening to J-songs, and the rest on either game soundtracks or some English music like The Killers or The Bravery and the like.

Rocco
12-20-2009, 10:00 PM
J-Rock/Pop/Hip-hop
Elctronica/Techno(including subgenres)
Jazz(including sub genres)
Bossa Nova
Metal(including subgenres)

Shadowblade Edge
12-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Rock, chiefly 80s, for the most part the further you get away form that decade, either way, the less I like it. I also like 80s pop and metal, and big band. I'll listen to anything though, except newer rap, which I don't consider music, I like to refer to it as short epic poetry, don't really care for instrumental pieces, or stuff like Vocaloid, electronic music I suppose?

Kanashimi
12-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Anything that isn't rap or country... seriously. I'll listen to even some country as long as it isn't too twangy, but I love in a sense all music. It really depends on the mood.

Elc1247
12-21-2009, 01:20 AM
i dont really like country either... i can withstand the more moderate songs that dont get all nasally and twangy... but thats about it... rap... oh god... i dont even consider that music... >_>

music is supposed to stimulate the senses and give you feeling...

Shadowblade Edge
12-21-2009, 01:29 AM
rap... oh god... i dont even consider that music... >_>

music is supposed to stimulate the senses and give you feeling...I have to disagree, as I've known rap that does such, and music that doesn't. My deal is that most of the newer rap doesn't have any real instrumental accompaniment, just a beat, so it's really just poetry, with a beat.

Also, dang kids can't appreciate country now-a-days.

Elc1247
12-21-2009, 01:52 AM
I have to disagree, as I've known rap that does such, and music that doesn't. My deal is that most of the newer rap doesn't have any real instrumental accompaniment, just a beat, so it's really just poetry, with a beat.

Also, dang kids can't appreciate country now-a-days.

i lolled... country... is... *hurg*... i feel my brain being attacked by it when i listen to it... meh... some people like it... but most of the people i know hate it.

TheDrunkenShadow
12-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Classic rock, mostly 70s and 80s. I like instrumental pieces if they are done to my liking. But just like Kana and Elc, I don't care for rap.

Shadows_Revenge
12-21-2009, 04:07 AM
rap is a hit or miss personally, sometimes it stimulates (nowadays Kid Cudi, Common, etc) or it can just be about cash and girls (almost everyone else)

Anyway I listen to EVERYTHING... and yes I mean it. Some Bach and Handel to Metal and Rap, whatever fits my mood at the time, and Ill pop it up on my ipod or youtube.

Bonediddly
12-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Anything that isn't rap or country... seriously.
I second that. I mainly gravitate towards classic rock, 70's and early 80's.

Elk
12-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah, Rap is 90% crap, but the few gems out there make me unable to dismiss it as a whole.When Rap had a message, back in the 80s it was awesome. And the remnants of that, intelligent rap,still does exist though it's needles in a hay processing factory.

The same goes with Country, there are a few good artists, all older, and all the new stuff is crap.

My major listens recently are Supertramp, the Prof. Layton OST, ELO, and the Phoenix Wright OST

Rocco
12-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I agree with Shadows revenge, I'll listen to anything, but I mainly listen to the genres of my prior list...

Elc1247
12-24-2009, 05:03 AM
that reminds me... i have to grin and bear allot of country music that isnt that great... girlfriend likes country >_> though i can withstand the less countryish songs, the ones that are closer to pop/rock.

but of course, there are exceptions to my dislikes... but they happen rarely. there are some decent rap songs and some decent country songs. i can listen and at least somewhat enjoy most kinds of music though, and am fine with classical or w/e people throw out there... just no generic country, rap, or hip-hop please.

TheDrunkenShadow
12-24-2009, 10:51 AM
I used to be a bit picky about country too... But then I lived with rednecks for 3 months and its the equivalent to background noise for me now.

Elc1247
12-25-2009, 02:28 AM
I used to be a bit picky about country too... But then I lived with rednecks for 3 months and its the equivalent to background noise for me now.

i dont know whether to feel pity or envious to that ability...

DJ M.O.T.D
01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Nerdcore.
J-core (Japanese Rave)
Jazz.
Bluegrass.
Classical.
Speedcore
Hardcore.
To name a few.

Oni
01-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I'll listen to pretty much anything that'll go with the ears (in other words, no rap, heavy metal and that crap), but it mostly boils down to:

Classic Rock
Classical/Big Band/Brass music.

DJ M.O.T.D
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
rap is a hit or miss personally, sometimes it stimulates (nowadays Kid Cudi, Common, etc) or it can just be about cash and girls (almost everyone else)

Anyway I listen to EVERYTHING... and yes I mean it. Some Bach and Handel to Metal and Rap, whatever fits my mood at the time, and Ill pop it up on my ipod or youtube.

Yea! I like you.
All music ftw.

Philosopher of Logic
01-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Ambient
Rock
Electronica
J-pop
electronic/techno
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvloMFBffn4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvloMFBffn4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AnayaSora
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
J-pop
J-rock
some country
rock
electronic/techno (rave music)

DJ M.O.T.D
01-04-2010, 09:17 AM
J-pop
J-rock
some country
rock
electronic/techno (rave music)

(Rave music)
Heck yea! *High Five*
Any particular sub-genres? or just rave in general?

AnayaSora
01-04-2010, 11:04 AM
(Rave music)
Hell yea! *High Five*
Any particular sub-genres? or just rave in general?

*high five back*
just rave in general
my favorite rave song is Sandstorm
and when I go to conventions I'm defenitly a rave girl there ^^

Elk
01-04-2010, 12:22 PM
post post
pre pop
J-Austrian Bugle

DJ M.O.T.D
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
*high five back*
just rave in general
my favorite rave song is Sandstorm
and when I go to conventions I'm defenitly a rave girl there ^^

I wanna go to a convention rave. Would be pretty sweet. I keep forgetting they are on D:.

I prefer Harder stuff then sandstorm. stuff like Dutch Hardcore and Japanese Speedcore/Hardcore. Heck yea. The more B's in a BPM make the song Better.

post post
pre pop
J-Austrian Bugle

I like you.
I like you alot.

AnayaSora
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
I wanna go to a convention rave. Would be pretty sweet. I keep forgetting they are on D:.

I prefer Harder stuff then sandstorm. stuff like Dutch Hardcore and Japanese Speedcore/Hardcore. Hell yea. The more B's in a BPM make the song Better.

it I listened to some of the Dutch Hardcore and Japanese Speedcore I'd probably like it ^^

DJ M.O.T.D
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
it I listened to some of the Dutch Hardcore and Japanese Speedcore I'd probably like it ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAahWWUAj4w

Japanese Hardcore.

Edit: Also i agree with your signature

Elk
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I've had a couple Sharpnel albums, I never knew what genre it was though.

DJ M.O.T.D
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I've had a couple Sharpnel albums, I never knew what genre it was though.

Sharpnel = Pro.. that's all that needs to be said.

LazyWulf
01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I prefer j-pop and electronica amongst my vast collection of music genres.

Stuff by Vocaloids are a common thing for me to enjoy. xD

Though I also like Korean pop/rock. I am mix usually when it comes to japanese music. I also listen to M-Flo, (japanese rap type music for those who are unfamiliar) and to my surprise I really like it. :tongue:

Well In general, I listen to J-pop, Electronica, Rock, the works. :3

Force-A-Nature
01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Dubstep
Whatever the Hell Primus could be called
Hip-Hop
J-Pop/Rock
Electronica
Electro
Rap
Hard Rock/Classic Rock

I listen to a lotta stuff though, or atleast try too.

DJ M.O.T.D
01-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Dubstep
Whatever the Hell Primus could be called
Hip-Hop
J-Pop/Rock
Electronica
Electro
Rap
Hard Rock/Classic Rock

I listen to a lotta stuff though, or atleast try too.

Dubstep Hell yurrr

IPaidthePrice
01-05-2010, 02:50 AM
I like everything but my favorite band is Disturbed, so you get the idea of what my favorite genre is.

Oni
01-05-2010, 03:21 AM
Yay for being the only person who still likes hearing actual instruments. Whoo!

DJ M.O.T.D
01-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Yay for being the only person who still likes hearing actual instruments. Whoo!

if you saw my tastes. I listed Classical. Jazz and Bluegrass.

Oni
01-05-2010, 03:45 AM
if you saw my tastes. I listed Classical. Jazz and Bluegrass.

Pfft, Jazz. Anyone can pick up an instrument and toot a random tune.

AnayaSora
01-05-2010, 01:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAahWWUAj4w

Japanese Hardcore.

Edit: Also i agree with your signature

you now got me into japanese hardcore lol

and thank you for agreeing with my signature ^^ it was just something I thought up one day and it kinda stuck

DJ M.O.T.D
01-05-2010, 02:18 PM
you now got me into japanese hardcore lol

and thank you for agreeing with my signature ^^ it was just something I thought up one day and it kinda stuck

Thats cos japanese hardcore is maaad epic.

AnayaSora
01-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Thats cos japanese hardcore is maaad epic.

i agree with you now XD

sonicflame
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
good old fashion rock and role

ZIMdudeAlchemist
01-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I'd call myself a liar if I said I like "EVERY" genre, but here's a list of what I enjoy and the bands/artists that are I listen to in that category

[B]Rock (Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Who, Gorillaz, Silversun Pickups)
Rap/Hip-Hop (Blackalicious, Jurassic 5, Blackstar (Mod Def + Talib Kweli), Hieroglyphics, Wu-Tang Clan, MF Doom, Nujabes)
Techno (Daft Punk, Darude, Eiffel 65, The Crystal Method, Pendulum, The Prodigy)
J-Rock (Asian Kung-Fu Generation, The Pillows, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Plastic Tree, ZZ, mothercoat)
Video Game music/soundtracks

Justp94
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow any reason why hip hop isn't ur favoirte? CMON! What do all anime fans only like J-Pop and J-Rock? CMON!

Genres:
1: Hip Hop & R&B
2: Rap (Rap is Different from Hip Hop don't argue.)
3: Soul
4: Alternative
5: Rock

I don't like Japanese music except certain stuff like Back-On - Chain.. I wish they make it all english so i understand.. But w/e its still good song..

Now this Guy is my main Hip Hop Artist alive. 50 Cent!
EX8sjbsJj-I

and My favorite Hip Hop Artist that passed on... The Notorious B.I.G.!
F_Z_B7UQ5bU

Nothing
01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
i like hard rock \m/
I like bands like Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, and Black Tide
I like j-rock too. Like Maximum the Hormone and Nightmare

DJ M.O.T.D
01-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Wow any reason why hip hop isn't ur favoirte? CMON! What do all anime fans only like J-Pop and J-Rock? CMON!

Genres:
1: Hip Hop & R&B
2: Rap (Rap is Different from Hip Hop don't argue.)
3: Soul
4: Alternative
5: Rock

I don't like Japanese music except certain stuff like Back-On - Chain.. I wish they make it all english so i understand.. But w/e its still good song..

Now this Guy is my main Hip Hop Artist alive. 50 Cent!
EX8sjbsJj-I

and My favorite Hip Hop Artist that passed on... The Notorious B.I.G.!
F_Z_B7UQ5bU

I understand the difference between hip-hop and rap don't worry.

ImagineBreaker
01-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Man i like stuff from swing jazz and death metal!
I like anything that has a good sound to it really, with good lyrics to hold it.

But mainly punk/hardcore area.
And i guess hip-hop.

christmas4477
01-12-2010, 06:15 AM
I like most things, but I can't stand rap, because it's incomprehensible, and country, because it's damn depressing half the time. My favorite is something I can put on my headphones and identify the core bass, drum, and guitar parts during the same section of a song. You need higher quality equipment to do it, but I just find something appealing about being able to clearly pick out the underlying bass line. UVERworld is a good example.

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
01-12-2010, 08:46 AM
I'll listen to anything really. But mainly J-pop and J-rock, and any theme from an anime. I'm also a big fan of techno/trance and classical. Jazz is good too.

Shiki-san
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I am pretty open minded about music... thats what i think at least xD

but most of the time i listen to rock/punk rock/ j-rock/j-pop/ and dunno what kind of genre they are a called lol

I am a music noob who just listen to what myself likes the best and doesnt care about what genre :wink:

FFHellDragon
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Rock/metal is my fav.

But i also love, dance/trance and J-pop

HezaaChan
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I generally like all types of music... (I'm one of those people who don't like R&B and rap though :S)
However, I always tend to go for lesser known bands and musicians like the Dresden Dolls for instance and anime soundtracks (not known amongst my friends).
Buuuut, I do love my classical music. Mozart's "Dies Ila Lacrimosa" <3!
:)

XIamSogekingX
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I personally listen to just about all music genres. It may just be one song that sounds good to me and I may even say that I hate that genre all together. If I had to choose, I would say stuff like DnB, Electronica, House, Techno, Rock, etc etc.

Some of my favorite groups/artists are Pendulum, Justice, Deadmau5, Calvin Harris, and more.

Here are a few songs from some of them that I really enjoy:

5fiiI5bsjXs
CfDQg2dF8uw

Zero Gravity
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Anything not Country....

victorious0702
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
J rock/pop, anime and video game music

XIamSogekingX
01-12-2010, 08:12 PM
J rock/pop, anime and video game music

Forgot to list those.

I like that too :D

DJ M.O.T.D
01-13-2010, 05:37 AM
I like most things, but I can't stand rap, because it's incomprehensible, and country, because it's damn depressing half the time. My favorite is something I can put on my headphones and identify the core bass, drum, and guitar parts during the same section of a song. You need higher quality equipment to do it, but I just find something appealing about being able to clearly pick out the underlying bass line. UVERworld is a good example.

YES another Audiophile! *Hugs*

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mrxmya.jpg

Songeye
08-20-2010, 02:36 AM
anything

mostly Rock, RAP, and techno

grimdefeat
08-20-2010, 11:07 AM
my favorites are metal and alternative

dbzfreak2
08-20-2010, 05:32 PM
I like a lot of genres, J-pop, Anime Music, Video game music (Video Games live ftw), but my favorite is

http://www.eosorchestra.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/symphony_orchestra_02.jpg

Nuff said

Mollybibbles
08-20-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm an indie, alternative rock kind of person. Put on some Cake and I'm a happy girl.
I'll listen to anything that doesn't involve country. I grew up on folk sort of stuff like Paul Simon and the odd stuff like Chris Isaak and stuff like that... I'm an odd one when it comes to music tastes

Jubilee
08-20-2010, 07:19 PM
I have a broad variety of tastes...

Electronic, Dance, Techno, Pop are all right up my ally

I also really enjoy Orchestral when I feel chill yo...

And I think J-pop and such goes without saying...

Oh wait. #caterpie

JustDazzlin
08-21-2010, 06:16 AM
My faves are techno, old school pop and rock. I love anything and everything with a beat, oh and String instruments * __ *;

Tyto
08-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Jazz
Blues
Classical/Orchestral
Showtunes
a little bit of Rock
and go figure, Death Metal/Black Metal/Thrash

I actually have to confess that I absolutely hate J-pop/K-pop, J-rap ('course I hate rap in general so this is no surprise), and J-rock. Don't ask why I work here. >__>

bemused_Bohemian
08-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Jazz....my reason for initial interest in anime largely account Yoko Kanno in Cowboy Bebop and group The Thrill who played in Blue Submarine 6.

chefofdeath
08-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Anything that isn't rap.

why dont u like rap ? i know the new stuff is pretty bad but the old stuff is great

iNeku
08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
J-Rock mostly, but being a musician, I try to be as versatile as possible. For example I leave the rythmical aspect of hip-hop. The energy of Punk and so on and so on...

nerdwerld
11-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Jpop
Heavy Metal 70's-80's and the return in the early 2000s :)
Euro Power metal 80's-present,
Visual Kei
Hard Rock 70's-90's
I will listen to everything, but I am very opinionated I like 80's rap, but not modern, and I only like Johny Cash and Bob Dylan in terms of country (yeah Dylan isn't really country he is folk-rock wtv he decides)

Rhetorical Gamer
11-09-2010, 10:34 AM
If people know who Frank Sinatra is and that Rat Pack era of music like you would hear in the fallout games is my favorite music genre hopefully others hear it in this day and age and appreciate that music as much as I do

twillÿ
11-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Ohhhh! I didn't know I hadn't answered this...

I likes J-rock, J-pop, K-pop, Visual Kei, obviously. Why else would I be here?! But I also like punk, alternative, indie, ska, rock, heavy metal, death metal, techno, electronica, house, dance, country, (some) pop, classical, orchestra, solo acoustic, industrial, acapella, stage...I like a lot of international music that isn't from Asia as well.

Basically, I like almost everything. Some more than others, but those, I have no issue listening to. :giggle:

ZshadowX
11-11-2010, 08:12 PM
I have a wide range of music taste ( *nom). My favorite genres are Video Game music and Orchestra.
During my teenage years i went through a Metal phase, but i still listen to a lot of Metal and rock. I've also opened myself up to blues, jazz and some early 70's pop.... o and j-rock, J-pop, K-pop of course!

SoulArbiter
11-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Mine's a bit all over the place. My most favourite is Metal and the majority of it's variant sub-genres, predominantly Progressive Metal. I do love the 70's & 80's rock'n'roll, generally most music from that era. I also like listening to Blues and Jazz on occassion, but that's generally due to my mood.

The record of my retarded taste of music (http://www.last.fm/user/SoulArbiter).

DirtyBirDy
11-30-2010, 11:37 PM
I love hip hop, house, trance, and as Rhetorical Gamer said above me, Frank Sinatra. Fly me to the moon would be my favorite of all his songs :3

joegoku
12-01-2010, 05:51 AM
J-Pop/Rock
Rock and yeah such things ;)

Stone
12-04-2010, 10:02 AM
I tend to listen to anything that is running, but I really like jpop/rock and normal rock and indie.

Actually for me a song just has to have a good start and it´s good. But if the start is messed up, I tend to choose a new one

moonhawk81
12-04-2010, 10:10 AM
J-pop/J-rock
Goth, especially Loli- or Industrial
Indie/Alt rock
Classic rock
Classical
Blues

nerdwerld
01-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Jazz
Blues
Classical/Orchestral
Showtunes
a little bit of Rock
and go figure, Death Metal/Black Metal/Thrash

I actually have to confess that I absolutely hate J-pop/K-pop, J-rap ('course I hate rap in general so this is no surprise), and J-rock. Don't ask why I work here. >__>

Because your awesome that is why.

Zaig
01-23-2011, 09:27 PM
J-POP/J-Rock
Rock

I generally dislike Rap and Country.

Gatx
04-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I generally listen to w/e catchy songs I hear from anime/videogames/movies/television so the range is pretty wide.

The only genre I can say I like specifically is Chiptune.

littlefileuser
06-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Many anime OSTS BUT! most of the time a good ska blast to the past man ;) Third wave ska is by far the best to me along with a lil 2 Tonin' Specials or even better, reggae. (not really, I love ska :P)
Lots of Bob Marley, more Sublime, more punk, yet still got time for some nice steady rock (incl. any sub-genres) and a nice Pokemon song. 8-bit is cool too as well as the trance, ambience, techno, etc. though I have already taken my leave from the electronica-dance scene-world long ago.

1970's music and before. Some 20th century ska bands like Less Than Jake and Big D are golden too. As for punk, unforgettable: Ian, Minor Threat; Operation Ivy, Rancid, Against Me!, Dead Kennedys.. Oh, what Hot Topic has done to these bands I don't know.

Siege
11-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Melodic Punk; it's as close to J-rock as you'll get in America.

Animelover19
11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
My Favorite Genre is
Hip Hop/Rap
Heavy Metal
Anime
Rock
Country
R & B
Pop
Death Metal Music
J-Pop

homie_jiraiya
12-03-2011, 10:08 PM
music Music MUSIC i llove every musics!!!!!!
exept for contemporaray american rap, in fact i recently started to listen to yodeling of all things.

hanabiflare
05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Hmm, I like pretty much anything but country but my favorites are:
Jrock
Visual Kei
Jpop
Dubstep
Kpop
Jmetal
Anisong