PDA

View Full Version : How to make a promo!

EagleEyes
12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
"If you feel you’ve got the skills, why not try making a promo for 91.8 The Fan? You’ve heard our DJs do it and now we’re giving you a chance to. So grab a microphone and a sound ediing program (such as Audacity) to create thirty seconds to two minutes of audio goodness. Make sure that any background music is Japanese, Korean, or Chinese in origin with no vocals, but feel free to insert sound effects from your favorite anime or movies."

http://918thefan.com/2010/get-those-birthday-hats-on/

What can you win?

- A copy of Super Street Fighter IV for Xbox 360 that is signed by Kyle Hebert (Ryu), Laura Bailey (Chun-Li), Travis Willingham (Guile), and the vocal director Jonathan Klein.
- Don’t have an Xbox 360? Well, we happen to have a shiny new God Of War III for PlayStation 3 fans to replace the top prize.
- A random CD that has already been added to the station
- A Bayonetta wall-scroll
- An official Sawa’s Phool t-shirt

REMEMBER: you can only submit one entry (Either promo or art) and it’s due by midnight on January 1st, 2011.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the contest guys. I will be around all day for help. If you need ideas, help with planning the promo, or using programs just ask and I can assist you.

DJ's will also be herethroughout the day to help assist you further. Just think, for a 30 second clip YOU CAN WIN FREE STUFF! FOR FREE!

Get your thinking caps on #toge

jessileo127
12-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Where can I get Audicity???

ZshadowX
12-17-2010, 12:32 PM
I need a better mic, ^^

EagleEyes
12-17-2010, 01:24 PM
I need a better mic, ^^

Just do it any way : D

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

jessileo127
12-17-2010, 01:31 PM
thankie

Thelchterya
12-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Any regulations on what we can and cannot say?

EagleEyes
12-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Basically do not swear, if you do censor it. #smize

joegoku
12-18-2010, 06:49 AM

You should also download the MP3 codec lame^^
with that you can use MP3 audio as well^^

mahay
12-18-2010, 10:45 AM
You should also download the MP3 codec lame^^
with that you can use MP3 audio as well^^

Joe is correct. I don't really know why the developers can't include that directly, but probably something to do about who has the rights or whatever.

Anyway :#canhas #mayoi I WANT TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAYAYAYAY
The promo is to be for the station as a whole, right?

Where does one submit the promo?

And on the time deadline, since I know there are a great deal of users from all over the place, is that going off 918 server time, so PST in America?

EagleEyes
12-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Joe is correct. I don't really know why the developers can't include that directly, but probably something to do about who has the rights or whatever.

Anyway :#canhas #mayoi I WANT TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAYAYAYAY
The promo is to be for the station as a whole, right?

Where does one submit the promo?

And on the time deadline, since I know there are a great deal of users from all over the place, is that going off 918 server time, so PST in America?

Promo can be for any aspect of the site that you wuld like.

birthday@918thefan.com

It goes off server time which is PST!

mahay
12-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Promo can be for any aspect of the site that you wuld like.

birthday@918thefan.com

It goes off server time which is PST!

Okay, Thanks!

EagleEyes
12-24-2010, 04:26 AM
Keep in mind you can only submit one entry and it’s due by midnight on January 1st, 2011.

choum123
12-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Just sent mine in. I hope I win :D

EagleEyes
12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Just sent mine in. I hope I win :D

Good luck : D