PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Dungeon Fighter Online

christmas4477
11-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Some of us have taken a liking to this MMO that Kana found about a week and a half ago called DFO. I've never had this much fun with an MMO, and I've tried a few over these past few months. Basic premise is that you select a class: Slayer, Mage, Priest, Fighter, M. Gunner, or F. Gunner. Then you go through dungeons, fighting the enemies in each room, trying to get to the boss. As with most MMOs, there are NPCs that give you quests to complete for the dungeons, and completing them will help you level up. Kana, DS, and myself have already made it to the low-mid 30s, and have already created a guild. This thread will be mainly for the discussion of mechanics, quest help, character name listing, and the like.

My three characters are:

xmas4477: Slayer - Blade Master
Tatsu4477: M. Gunner - Mechanic
Aotoge: Mage - Elementalist

xmas4477 is the Guild Master for the guild we have set up, but both of my others, as well as at least one of Kana's and DS's can add people to the guild. Just look for those three, and you should be able to get in.

Kanashimi
11-29-2010, 09:53 PM
My three characters are:

SantoSetsuko: Priest - Crusader
Selinya: Mage - Summoner
MarinaDaina: Gunner - Launcher

I mostly main with my Crusader since he's pretty much a tank with some awesome buffs. I apparently also kick-butt in PvP versus Christmas and DS ironically.

Though to expand on this topic for people starting out I should note that being invited to the guild (918thefan) is a must since you get both an EXP boost and stat boost due to some hardcore leveling from the current guild members.

If you get a chance to play around or research there's some good terms to know, too. If anyone is interested I'll try and share somethings that I've learned. If you need help with an area or quests let me know and I'll get one of my characters on it. So far I've had a lot of fun with DFO and I'm pretty happy with my experience so far. Each level is sort of exciting and the grind isn't too bad to be turned off. Generally I can't deal with too much of it, but DFO has a nice balance.

Also, since Christmas forgot the link, you can play here: http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/

mahay
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Is this the game Jubi's been playing?

It looks pretty cool, if I had more time, I'd totally join in and play with you guys but these next few weeks are going to be fairly intense.

gannon133
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
So, it is a 2D beat 'em up that you can meet up with other people? Does it have some solo gameplay?

Kanashimi
11-30-2010, 08:05 PM
You can play by yourself if you want to. Questing and what not might go slower for a solo player, and some classes might be easier over others though. I think a good description of it would be Streets Of Rage with RPG elements.

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB
11-30-2010, 08:14 PM
PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB has recently started playing it (in the offtime while WoW's down). Bob has been soloing so far, and will have to say, the Slayer class is the starter class. Bob has been able to do all the dungeons on normal and then expert (suggests 2) solo and Bob has yet to die.

Silentbobby - Slayer

TheDrunkenShadow
11-30-2010, 09:44 PM
For the sake of being sociable and not being confused with other people, my three characters are:

Traesto - Ranger
Lennethe - Elementalist
Syrosis - Asura

.... Also, Kana and Christmas always try to eliminate me first in PvP. I have no idea why. :uh:

Kanashimi
11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
.... Also, Kana and Christmas always try to eliminate me first in PvP. I have no idea why. :uh:

Mostly because you're long range and for two close range people that's quite annoying to deal with. Though somehow my tank of a priest loves to just stab you in the foot from afar. Mawahaha.

grimdefeat
12-01-2010, 12:21 AM
well i started playing again but all my people are level 9 from lack of playing
eralu- grappler
eralluu- f.gunner
grimdefeat- exorcist

gannon133
12-04-2010, 08:02 AM
How can you send a request to be invited? I just started the game today, and I want the bonus experience.

Elk
12-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Talk to XMas, I think he's the only one who can invite? I'm pretty sure I can't so don't look at me.

TheDrunkenShadow
12-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Add us to your friend tab and when you see one of us online, shoot us a message.

gannon133
12-06-2010, 11:22 PM
ok, now for the only character I am using:

RogueSolo- Character: Male Gunner -Sub-class: Ranger

christmas4477
12-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Just for the record, all 3 of mine can add and promote. Anyone with Guild Officer or Sr. Member status can add, but only the other Officers can promote you to Jr. Member so you get the buffs

Elk
12-12-2010, 09:39 AM
AnarchoElk - Fighter
FatherElk - Priest
Forgot the name - Female Gunner

Shidohari
01-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I"m trying to play today i'll have a female gunner,name to be announced later. does it matter what server i play on?

Kate
01-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Looks like I'm joining in on the fun. Waiting for the download to finish, so I'll update this with my character and such after I'm done.

jessileo127
01-15-2011, 10:26 AM
I wish I could play with you guys, but its only for the Us, Canada and Ociana (Cant spelt) It looks so much fun ^.^

Kate
01-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Okay, so download done.

Character(s)
RandomKate - Mage ---> Elementalist

gannon133
01-15-2011, 11:04 AM
If you mean the main server, then it does have a bit of difference. I myself play on the "cain" server. The channel list are different if I remember.

The channels themselves have EXP boosts for every dungeon you complete that the channel recommends you play in.

quostin
01-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Euiko - Mage (going battlemage)
Ichiha - Fighter (Striker or Grappler)
Toriyo - Gunner (Doesn't exist yet, since i had to wait for the name to be cleared after deleting it).

yugiboy360
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I used to play a lot than stopped so meh. But I guess U can get back in or at least try... I'll update with my chars names and classes since I had one of every char minus the female gunner since she wasn't out yet. but all except 2 of my chars are lvl 18 with their job change

Shidohari
01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Shidohari: Mechanic
Tajah: Fighter going on Striker or Nu adept