PDA

View Full Version : What do you drive?

mahay
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey guys,

What sort of car do you drive? If you don't drive a car: How do you get around to do things?
Do you keep any anime/manga related stuff in your car?

If you have a car but don't know what it is... go look or something #naked

For me: I drive a 1998 BMW 318ti. It's small but it has a hatch so it's perfect for carying around the huge instrument I play. I don't have any anime stuff in my car #ohdear, but I do have a towel and my Bobby McFerrin cassette... yes my car is that old.

moonhawk81
11-10-2010, 06:35 PM
"That old"?! I drive a 1985 Toyota Corolla that doesn't even have a cassette player, just a radio that sometimes even works.

EagleEyes
11-10-2010, 07:04 PM
A car o.o

twillÿ
11-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I drive a '99 Jeep Wrangler.

mahay
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
"That old"?! I drive a 1985 Toyota Corolla that doesn't even have a cassette player, just a radio that sometimes even works.

Well, I was more meaning old-school, not old in age. I had an '88 before this one. sorry for that confusion.

A car o.o

facepalm EE...you should go look more closely :awesome:

cool! Manual?

moonhawk81
11-10-2010, 07:56 PM
So what do I really drive? My minions! Bwahahaha! **coughs** excuse me

mahay
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
So what do I really drive? My minions! Bwahahaha! **coughs** excuse me

:ouh: must be hard to go on the highway then...

ZshadowX
11-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I walk
I take the bus
I ride my bike
I can drive just that, i havent got my car yet

twillÿ
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM
cool! Manual?

Nah, it's automatic, but it still kicks butt out in the boonies. I've got 32" all-terrains on the bad boy, no lift kit, center of balance gets thrown off too much, but it is a pretty decent ride. :3

mahay
11-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Nah, it's automatic, but it still kicks butt out in the boonies. I've got 32" all-terrains on the bad boy, no lift kit, center of balance gets thrown off too much, but it is a pretty decent ride. :3

Yeah, mine's a manual. That's really sweet. Do you take out often? Do the big tires mess up your speedometer or do you have it recalibrated?

Tsundere
11-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I currently drive a 2004 ford fiesta with 1.2 ltr petrol engine..... For some reason it came with a cassette player.... And to change it I have to take out the central console.... But I still love driving it

twillÿ
11-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Yeah, mine's a manual. That's really sweet. Do you take out often? Do the big tires mess up your speedometer or do you have it recalibrated?

They do, actually, by about 5MPH. If my Speedometer says I'm going 70, I'm actually going about 75. Nothing too serious, but I do forget sometimes. ;)

I try and take my Jeep out into the dirt, but I haven't had the chance too much, especially lately. I am trying to get a cow-killer on the front and a set of roof lights (for when I go out) and I needa fix my snowboard rack. Otherwise, I love this Jeep of mine. :3

Jubilee
11-11-2010, 07:01 AM
I am trying to get a cow-killer on the front

Don't kill them Twilly! #waterfall

Do not steer into the steer just because you can #baw

mahay
11-11-2010, 07:34 AM
I currently drive a 2004 ford fiesta with 1.2 ltr petrol engine..... For some reason it came with a cassette player.... And to change it I have to take out the central console.... But I still love driving it

cool, They just brought that line back into the US we hadn't had it for a while. Cassettes in a 2004, right on. Do you ever use it?

Don't kill them Twilly! #waterfall

Do not steer into the steer just because you can #baw

I think it's only a precautionary thing so that if, in the odd instance that you do, run into something like that, your car will hopefully survive.

moonhawk81
11-11-2010, 09:43 AM
cool, They just brought that line back into the US we hadn't had it for a while. Cassettes in a 2004, right on. Do you ever use it?

I think it's only a precautionary thing so that if, in the odd instance that you do, run into something like that, your car will hopefully survive.

Sorry, Mahay, but didn't you know he was a cold-blooded Twiller?

Mollybibbles
11-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Can't afford a car at the moment and being in the city means I don't really need one since it costs about $300 to park per month. When I'm home I drive a 1998 BMW 323i (parent's.... don't judge). Automatics make life easier.

Normally, I get semester bus and train passes through the school.

nerdwerld
11-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I like to ride by bicycle.Cars are death machines!

Rhetorical Gamer
11-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I like to ride by bicycle.Cars are death machines!

Thats right man!!! Us brothers of the bicycle ride while you guys stay in traffic jams in your steel coffins!!! We smell the fresh air every morning and get exercise so we can look good for the ladies and good for that lady called mother earth!!!

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB
11-11-2010, 11:24 AM

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB drives a '95 Jeep Wrangler =P

mahay
11-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Sorry, Mahay, but didn't you know he was a cold-blooded Twiller?

#pedo I see what you did there.

Can't afford a car at the moment and being in the city means I don't really need one since it costs about $300 to park per month. When I'm home I drive a 1998 BMW 323i (parent's.... don't judge). Automatics make life easier.

...there's nothing wrong with bmw. they're exquisitely engineered German vehicles. Way better than Mercedes. :giggle:

mahay
11-11-2010, 08:23 PM
PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB drives a '95 Jeep Wrangler =P

What would you do if you got pulled over? Stare at the Police officer? :giggle:

SoulArbiter
11-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Hyundai Elantra. Had the thing since I was 16. Good time, good times...

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB
11-11-2010, 09:32 PM
What would you do if you got pulled over? Stare at the Police officer? :giggle:

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB actually did get pulled over by a cop while driving in an area where bob was "not where he was suppose to be" (lost). When the cop asked bob if he had been drinking anything, bob grabbed the dr. pepper bottle and pointed at it. First ticket ever for da bob.

moonhawk81
11-11-2010, 10:02 PM
PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB actually did get pulled over by a cop while driving in an area where bob was "not where he was suppose to be" (lost). When the cop asked bob if he had been drinking anything, bob grabbed the dr. pepper bottle and pointed at it. First ticket ever for da bob.

#facepalm

ZshadowX
11-11-2010, 11:47 PM

ROFL #konroll

mahay
11-11-2010, 11:52 PM

That's pretty righteous! bob must have been fairly angry at that incident.

Hyundai Elantra. Had the thing since I was 16. Good time, good times...

Cool, I wish I still had my first car. a 2000 Focus zx3. But sadly, the ice claimed her as a prize.

EagleEyes
11-11-2010, 11:55 PM

Bob I love you #toge

ScrumYummy
11-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Thats right man!!! Us brothers of the bicycle ride while you guys stay in traffic jams in your steel coffins!!! We smell the fresh air every morning and get exercise so we can look good for the ladies and good for that lady called mother earth!!!

Oh good. I was afraid I was going to be the only person like that in this thread.

Although I mostly use public transit, because the train stop is only a ten-minute walk and it's free in this area. But if I can't get somewhere by train, I go by bike.

If I need to go somewhere outside of bikeable distance, my partner has a veggie-mobile -- an 81 diesel mercedes that runs on 99% veggie oil. So <1% emissions. Plus we are vegan. Smug little bastards, we are :) yes.

ace8489
11-13-2010, 10:21 PM
I drive a 92 pontiac grand prix. Its so sad to hear they went out of busniess I love pontiacs.

Erinovauch
11-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Erinovauch drives his feet

mahay
11-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I drive a 92 pontiac grand prix. Its so sad to hear they went out of busniess I love pontiacs.

My friend had a grand prix, they were pretty cool, but he broke it when he decided not to put oil in it...

bemused_Bohemian
11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Moved from a terrific 1987 black Mazda RX-7 which had air-conditioning and the rotary engine with 266,000 miles on it to a new, at the time, dark sea green1997 Ford Explorer 4-dr 4WD XLT with a couple of nice amenities. I still have it and will think about replacing it when the motor mileage sees 600K. It's taken 13 years to get to 241K so this truck may outlast me. Say what you might about the tyranny of sports utes to wildlife and small cars this Ford has been the best darn small rig I have ever owned. I can sleep in it. I can visit the Utah Canyonlands 4-wheel drive trails with it. With the exception of 2 catalytic converters that were stolen for their palladium plus normal wear and tear on tires and other parts everything is still factory. I could never do any of this hinterland tripping with the old 1972 COE twin-screw Kenworth semi I used to own during the early part of my working years.....talk about poor fuel mileage (3.5-4 mpg)...LOL

Tried to use the Mazda several times as a glorified sports ute on the trails but because of low ground clearance I kept hi-centering on certain road ruts and darn near burned out the clutch 1 time trying to sail up an elongated 30% grade near Abo Canyon in northern New Mexico back in 1996. Cool car! Hated to part with it but could no longer get cheap replacement parts out of junkyards by the mid-90's to keep it running.

ace8489
11-14-2010, 09:48 PM
My friend had a grand prix, they were pretty cool, but he broke it when he decided not to put oil in it...

yeah that seems to be a problem with all cars for some reason they just go bad if you dont change the oil or keep enough in it. XD

mahay
11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Moved from a terrific 1987 black Mazda RX-7 which had air-conditioning and the rotary engine with 266,000 miles on it to a new, at the time, dark sea green1997 Ford Explorer 4-dr 4WD XLT with a couple of nice amenities. I still have it and will think about replacing it when the motor mileage sees 600K. It's taken 13 years to get to 241K so this truck may outlast me. Say what you might about the tyranny of sports utes to wildlife and small cars this Ford has been the best darn small rig I have ever owned. I can sleep in it. I can visit the Utah Canyonlands 4-wheel drive trails with it. With the exception of 2 catalytic converters that were stolen for their palladium plus normal wear and tear on tires and other parts everything is still factory. I could never do any of this hinterland tripping with the old 1972 COE twin-screw Kenworth semi I used to own during the early part of my working years.....talk about poor fuel mileage (3.5-4 mpg)...LOL

TO.OF That is indeed horrible gas mileage...

I hope the cars I get last as long as yours have. That's pretty sweet that you keep holding on to it.

Snapplemonkey
11-16-2010, 03:07 PM
I used to drive a Ford Ka... until this (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Snapplemonkey/carcrash.jpg) happened to it

mahay
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I used to drive a Ford Ka... until this (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Snapplemonkey/carcrash.jpg) happened to it

#shockzune Oh dear. I hope you weren't at fault. How long ago did that happen?

Snapplemonkey
11-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh that was almost 4 years ago, and no I wasn't at fault. I was waiting for a green light when this drunk guy crashed into me at 80km/h... that would be approximately 50mph.

I only got a scratch on my wrist, the guy who drove the other car is still in a coma... Karma I guess.

homie_jiraiya
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
just throwin my hat in on this one 88 caddillac coupe deville
sombrero by the way

grimdefeat
11-16-2010, 08:49 PM
i totally ride a freaking bus or bike everywhere im freaking 19 and still dont have my freaking license but mainly because the dmv is a good hour from where i live.

Snapplemonkey
11-17-2010, 01:39 AM
i totally ride a freaking bus or bike everywhere im freaking 19 and still dont have my freaking license but mainly because the dmv is a good hour from where i live.

Don't bother, cars are just a waste of money, time and sanity (up-keep is just annoying).

Stick to public transportation, that's what I've been using the last 3 years. It's good for the environment too.

mahay
11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh that was almost 4 years ago, and no I wasn't at fault. I was waiting for a green light when this drunk guy crashed into me at 80km/h... that would be approximately 50mph.

I only got a scratch on my wrist, the guy who drove the other car is still in a coma... Karma I guess.

Well, it's good that you weren't too banged up. ..that's too bad about your car though.

just throwin my hat in on this one 88 caddillac coupe deville
sombrero by the way

Cool. Where did you get a sombrero #canhas?

Contrary to the sentiments of Snapplenonkey I totally think it would be worth the pilgrimage in order to get your license. Go and do it... soon rlynow

Snapplemonkey
11-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, it's awesome to have a license and I also recommend it. But owning a car is a completely different thing.

mahay
11-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, it's awesome to have a license and I also recommend it. But owning a car is a completely different thing.

Oh, okay then. So grim... go do that. When you have time of course.

I wish it was logical to use public transport where I live but that doesn't work as well for me. The city in which I live puts such an influence on cars. Our bus system is retarded, our bid on getting a monorail was shot down, and we have no subway system.

oh well though.

TehScribbles
11-17-2010, 06:30 PM
I drive a silver 96' Volvo Station wagon. It shakes when it goes on the highway D:

mahay
11-17-2010, 08:57 PM
I drive a silver 96' Volvo Station wagon. It shakes when it goes on the highway D:

If I'm not mistaken you should get your tire aligned. If that doesn't solve it, get new tires. That happens when they get uneven wear, I'm pretty sure

grimdefeat
11-17-2010, 08:59 PM
when i do get my license I will probally be driving around our ford escape

mahay
11-17-2010, 09:02 PM
when i do get my license I will probally be driving around our ford escape

yay Ford! #shiro

grimdefeat
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
booo ford especially when its yellow if i dont drive that around i will drive the familys izuzu rodeo

mahay
11-17-2010, 10:50 PM
booo ford especially when its yellow if i dont drive that around i will drive the familys izuzu rodeo

#baw but Yellow is cool. :sigh: