PDA

View Full Version : [X360] Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds Decade Duels

Zero Gravity
11-06-2010, 06:58 PM
http://cdn1.gamepro.com/box/box_164830-hd.jpg

The Xbox arcade game hit the Xbox marketplace sometime this week. The game promises online multiplayer and future DLC with booster packs and possible new features (Avatar Awards, etc).

While I did not purchase the game (Lack of points), I have been playing my friend's copy.
While the game is infuriating at first and as impossible as religious tolerance (Ooooo edgy), once you get into the game it gets easier.
The Single Player consists of a preliminary tournament, where you battle 3 additional players (all of which have grossly unfair decks to battle against). The enemy decks consist of:
- Remove From Game Deck (2x variants)
- Burn Deck
- Lightsworn Deck
- Ritual Deck
- Gladiator Beast Deck
- Synchro Deck

Your given a starter deck consisting of a poorly made HERO deck (Your best monster is Neos), and your given card after each match, what you get depends on your victory (and also depends on how many cards you get).
All is not a loss though, while I'm unsure of the other three, Obelisk the Tormentor is available to obtain.

If you manage to out rank the other 3 duelists in your thrown into the main tournament where you battle Luna, Leo, Akiza, Jack, Crow and 1 other NPC character.

here what the knows characters run:
Luna runs a Life Gain deck (Not very offensive)
Akiza runs a Plant Deck (beware of mass special summon of big things)
Jack run Dragon Beat Down (Blue Eyes, Red Eyes, Five God Dragon, Red Dragon Archfiend)

While It's a good game, the method of obtaining cards and such are infuriating. I would give it a 3/5

Jubilee
11-06-2010, 07:06 PM
- Lightsworn Deck

Akiza runs a Plant Deck (beware of mass special summon of big things)

I hate lightsworns...

I love Akiza's deck :awesome:

But, yeah, at least there is a method to obtain cards from victories in this particular game...Usually, the only way to obtain new cards is to buy the boosters (which it seems they are still expecting people to do...but at least there is somewhat of an alternative in this one =/)

Osaka
11-06-2010, 10:57 PM
I wish I had an Xbox 360, I've been wondering how good the current Yu-Gi-OH games are...I'd like to try all the games.

chefofdeath
11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
they need to make a card shop in this game

Gunzy
11-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Hunter Pace + Call Of The Haunted = Pissed Gunzy

Yeah the game is pretty hard, I wish there was a free duel mode like the old Yu-Gi-Oh games where you can play against any of the opponents you've already beat. I'm running an all around beatdown deck with a few effect type monster to leave a nice game between me and my opponents life points.

But yeah, I'd love to play some more people other than the people who like to rage quit after being beat into a corner they can't get out of. Hopefully the booster packs that are coming out in about two weeks will add a little more firepower to some of our decks and what not.

Zehutsumei
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
I played the demo. About midway through the match, the opponent used Monster Reborn. I then shut the game off and stopped playing

Zero Gravity
11-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Seems like everyone just quits in the beginning

thatjimmychap
01-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Built myself a dark deck and so far is going very well, if anyone wants a match let me know

Waifuman
05-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Soon as I find my lost ethernet chord I would to play a match against one of you. I run a wide range of decks. Exodia, Harpie Lady, Deck Out, cards before GX, heck I'll even build a Celtic Guardian deck for fun.

Of course they're all still works in progress as the game doesn't give you nearly enough cards to make it possible.

Zero Gravity
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm still short of the "Win 100 Tag Duels" achievement, but thats because everyone sucks and quits!

Gatx
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Why a Hero deck? Back in the day of the first Yu-Gi-Oh, on the GBA games, your deck would generally have cards Yugi used like Dark Magician and what not. You got heroes in the GX days, so since we're in 5Ds so I would've assumed that the new starter decks would have those tuner monsters that everyone's so crazy about.

I haven't played in a while so I don't really know the trends of the videogames or the actual games. Zombies are my favorite type of deck and was pretty excited when Zombie Master came out. Too bad removing got so popular.

Zero Gravity
05-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Yusei doesn't really have a theme, he claims it's a junk deck but its really not, it's just BSing every step of the way....

I what they did in (I think) Eternal Duelist Soul and let you select from specific decks (I always chose spellcasters)