PDA

View Full Version : [X360] New Xbox Interface!

mahay
11-03-2010, 11:32 AM
So, Xbox did a big firmware update on the first. It has a different color scheme than the NXE, but with similar and 'improved' navigational systems. This is all because of the soon-to-be-out-there kinect. What do you guys who have it think of the new interface?

Also, what do you think of Kinnect? Should we get it or not?

Thirdly, does anyone play Medal of Honor? If so, we should totally party up.

Mahay

twillÿ
11-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I haven't loaded it yet, but I'll let you know what my thoughts are when I actually have time to play my Xbox. :giggle:

Rhetorical Gamer
11-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Give keinnect time i bet one the deves get an idea of the new technology the games will sell millions!

mahay
11-03-2010, 06:43 PM
I haven't loaded it yet, but I'll let you know what my thoughts are when I actually have time to play my Xbox. :giggle:

Well, I just wanted to play about thirty minutes of a game night before last and with the horrible Internet speed in my dorm this crazy update took like 45 minutes! I'm sure it would go quicker for you.

Give keinnect time i bet one the deves get an idea of the new technology the games will sell millions!

Yeah, it'd be sweet if a shooter took the thing and you actually had to put your hands up like a gun. Ooh maybe even a rail shooter like Time Crisis...

twillÿ
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Okay...well, hmm. The new interface seems to have turned my avatar into Gumby. It like elongated him and thinned him out weird. It also turned my awesome space helmet he was wearing into something that I don't even know.

Gravity cat is not amused.

It basically seems the same to me, but worse. Good job Microsoft. #thumbup

Dist
11-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I personally dislike it, I don't mind the avatar changes, but the whole interface is -too- white, it burns my eyes when I'm playing in the dark.

mahay
11-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Okay...well, hmm. The new interface seems to have turned my avatar into Gumby. It like elongated him and thinned him out weird. It also turned my awesome space helmet he was wearing into something that I don't even know.

Gravity cat is not amused.

It basically seems the same to me, but worse. Good job Microsoft. #thumbup

He he, they do look a lot less chibi-ish than they used to. #tear

You know what I just realised? the interface bears a striking resemblance to the interface in Mirrors Edge... hmm interesting. #holy

Zero Gravity
11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
It looks nice, as long as it works

mahay
11-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Okay, so just had to redeem a code and the new sound on the keyboard is pretty annoying.

Zero Gravity
11-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Okay, so just had to redeem a code and the new sound on the keyboard is pretty annoying.

It could be worse, it could make this sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv0_7IUM9dI

mahay
11-07-2010, 05:26 PM
It could be worse, it could make this sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv0_7IUM9dI

:veryno:
You are correct. That is indeed quite worse.

Kate
11-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I didn't load it on my Xbox but saw it on my step-brother's. Personally, I dislike it. It looks like something I might have a hard time reading the text on. The white interface also looks like it'll hurt my eyes if I play in the dark (which I tend to do a lot).

nerdwerld
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I preferred the last interface myself, but I'll give it a month or two.

mahay
11-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I preferred the last interface myself, but I'll give it a month or two.

I still can't get over it's Mirror's Edge-ness

Tsundere
11-10-2010, 01:46 AM
This interface just reminds me of the iphone/touch interface. I preferred the last one as it had more character and originality to be honest

mahay
11-10-2010, 07:00 AM
This interface just reminds me of the iphone/touch interface. I preferred the last one as it had more character and originality to be honest

maybe they're trying to follow the general trend in GUI aesthetics, instead of defining a new one and having the trend catch up to them.

nerdwerld
11-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I''ve become quite irritated with the interface. So I don't know if I should just let it rest and put up with it or complain.

Kate
11-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I would think after the Kinect dies down within the next month it'll change back. It's probably something that won't stay for a while.

mahay
11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I would think after the Kinect dies down within the next month it'll change back. It's probably something that won't stay for a while.

perhaps you're right,

but I can't wait until someone comes up with good, immersive, realistic VR. Then games will be amazingly amazing

nerdwerld
11-11-2010, 09:26 AM
perhaps you're right,

but I can't wait until someone comes up with good, immersive, realistic VR. Then games will be amazingly amazing

VR once it is perfected will be awesome