PDA

View Full Version : 5 Cm per Second DVD re release

Jrockergirl
09-13-2010, 05:50 PM
5 cm per second was out of print rather quickly from ADV and was nowhere near the directors original concept,and then less than 2 yrs after it was released the dvd reach prices of close to 100 bucks.

Crunchyroll is re releasing the DVD with new dubs and subs leaning more towards the directors original intentions and is coming out soon, currently on bandai's store for sale.

Probably means more animes will eventually get re printed if there is enough demand for them, since if this does well Crunchyroll and other anime companies will take notice."

ZshadowX
09-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Guess someone did the copy and pasta

~ Im just sayin :P

about the 5 Cm per Second DVD release its nice to know, i guess #konroll
anyways thank you for the info

Jrockergirl
09-20-2010, 12:52 AM
lol yea I did XP, but i could of pasted wikipedia's info on the 3 parts of the movie so people could get the idea.

I got the movie at the J pop summit in SF after watching the movie in theater, its a pretty good movie thou people perfer one part over the other but in a whole its pretty good

moonhawk81
09-20-2010, 03:19 PM
**moonhawk81 wanders off towards Bandai**

Jrockergirl
09-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Love the sig Moon Hawk, Im just hoping sales do well enough so maybe CR will get more animes/movies that no longer have a licensees....what would you guys like to see get reprinted/re released or just finally come out?

moonhawk81
09-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Thanks! Credit Llian and Kibs with sigs, avatars, etc. But that's a big question. Didn't they take the original Vampire Hunter D off-market? That should always be available. Also, I remember some anime/live action mix about a guy and his happy cockroaches--happy 'til he gets a live-in girlfriend. Wish I could remember the name, because it was actually kind of cute. (At least until the overtones of genocide...)

bemused_Bohemian
09-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Got this dvd on ebay a few years ago before prices took off. It's 1 of my favs.

Zehutsumei
09-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I must say that I feel bad for Bosch. He wasn't allowed to mention this DVD and didn't even know it came out during it's original run.