PDA

View Full Version : [Multi] What the Hardest Game You've Played?

chefofdeath
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Ok lets see how high the list will stack up ill go first......

the hardest game that i've come across recently is resonance of fate its such a hard game with a steep learning curve for those who dont want to give the game a chance due to the fighting style. but the game seems so unbeatable and one sided when u fight bosses like trying to beat up a bear with a stick its just not going to happen

Leviathan Mist
08-24-2010, 07:18 PM
The hardest game I ever played for long enough to legitimately call it the hardest game I've played, is a SNES game called Jim Power: The Lost Dimension in 3D. Basically, it's a combination of a platformer, an overhead view like Zelda, and a shooter, with each level being a different style. I was particularly bad at the shooter levels. Gradius 3 is another example of a shooter game I suck at, and a game like that may even be harder IMO, but I didn't play it enough.

I know there are games like Silver Surfer and Battletoads that are notorious for their difficulty, but games that hard usually turn me off because of their difficulty and I don't even TRY to complete them.

A couple games that many people consider hard which I beat were Contra and Zelda 2. I used to be able to beat Contra without using the code too.

chefofdeath
08-24-2010, 07:21 PM
heh contra isnt that bad ..... i am shocked u didnt say ninja gaiden

twillÿ
08-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Dead Rising.

I will never get all of the achievements in that game and I don't care anymore.

#stare

chefofdeath
08-24-2010, 07:29 PM
ahahahah i hated that game so much freaking time limit to beat the game .... reminds me off zeldas majoras mask

Leviathan Mist
08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Ninja Gaiden was indeed a hard game, but it's one of those games that I didn't really give a chance due to its difficulty. Also, same deal with Majora's Mask, I didn't give that a chance because of its time limit. And I'm not gonna give Final Fantasy XIV a chance because of its hour-a-day limit either. Square-Enix REALLY screwed up on that one. Anyway, that's another story. :P

bemused_Bohemian
08-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Life....I suspect I won't get out of it alive.

homie_jiraiya
08-25-2010, 08:51 PM
elmo' learning adventure......jk
id have to say mk vs dc i couldnt get the controls well enough

EagleEyes
08-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Hardest game based on 1 level alone Crash Bandicoot 1 for the level "Slippery Climb"

ZshadowX
08-27-2010, 03:00 PM
The hardest game that I ever played was Super ghost n goblin and Demon Crest
well to tell you the truth, they are not all sooo hard to beat, its just that you have to have patience to beat.
~ Z

Leviathan Mist
08-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Has anyone ever played I Wanna Be The Guy? It's brutal. It's one of those games which exists for the sole purpose of being frustratingly difficult. Much like old NES games like Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden, except multiply the difficulty about tenfold. Good luck if you ever decide to play it.

grimdefeat
08-29-2010, 05:58 PM
the bosses in ninja gaiden 1 and 2 still make that series one of the hardest i ever played

EagleEyes
08-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Ohhh, The Ninja Turtles game for SNES! The underwater level is impossible. Then when you do survive you die in one hot x.x

Leviathan Mist
08-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Ohhh, The Ninja Turtles game for SNES! The underwater level is impossible. Then when you do survive you die in one hot x.x

Don't you mean the one for NES? I know that one had a really hard underwater level, but the SNES one was different. I played that one quite a bit and got really close to beating it - I made it to one of the final rooms of the game before the final boss. After awhile I simply got used to the underwater level and it became second nature to me.

ClearMetalVoltar
08-29-2010, 10:10 PM
super mario 2!!! time and time again that game has pwned my ♫♫♫ and tossed me aside!#pwned#waterfall#tooembarrassed#baw

Llian
08-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Life....I suspect I won't get out of it alive.
That was quite ingenious if I do say so myself. I can't remember the hardest game I had to play but I do remember one of the more recent ones, which includes BB, beating score attack..

zaburai
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Has anyone ever played I Wanna Be The Guy? It's brutal. It's one of those games which exists for the sole purpose of being frustratingly difficult. Much like old NES games like Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden, except multiply the difficulty about tenfold. Good luck if you ever decide to play it.

I wanna be the guy is not a game it is a test on ones patience #naked

The hardest game I have probably played is Ikaruga >_< I am stuck on level 4, it is REALLY good but it really makes you its ♫♫♫♫♫ #dowant

Amui
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Ninja Gaiden 1 for the NES.
I just can't beat the two dog guys no matter what i try, and thats if i even get to them after the assault of random birds trying to kill me for no reason.....what evil organization hires wild birds to attack their enemy?

microgamer2vs2
09-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I tried I Wanna Be The Guy for a little bit, never tried too seriously though. There was this one somewhat similar game which was basically Mario but with a Cat and the game was out to kill you because it basically threw out all conventions you knew about side-scrolling platforms out the window. I forgot the name of it though.

As for other difficult games, there's the whole Touhou project series. I'm starting to get decent at Normal, but I hang out with a few Lunatic players in the chat room I frequent so their skills stomp mine.

Leviathan Mist
09-17-2010, 09:28 PM
There was this one somewhat similar game which was basically Mario but with a Cat and the game was out to kill you because it basically threw out all conventions you knew about side-scrolling platforms out the window. I forgot the name of it though.

It's called Syobon Action - I beat that one, it's only 4 levels long :P

Erinovauch
09-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Solomon's Key it's a puzzle game for the NES which was really hard i only ever beat the first couple levels

microgamer2vs2
09-19-2010, 09:10 AM
It's called Syobon Action - I beat that one, it's only 4 levels long :PThat's the name! Yeah, I think technically it isn't hard once you know where the various absurd traps are 'cause it's just memorization from there, but in your first play through it's hella funny and hard like, "...wtf, did that flagpole at the end just kill me?" I also heard there's a Syobon Action 2.

One-Way-Learning
09-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Hardest for me would be Megaman 2. hit the willy stages and good night.

Kanashimi
09-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Siren. Siren. And Siren.

I consider myself an avid player of horror games, and most of the time they're quite hard due to their core gameplay. I'm not bothered by hard games so much as I am by impossible ones. For those who don't know Siren originally came out for PlayStation 2. What basically occurs in the game is this village becomes these type of zombies. Due to the bloody water, you gain the ability to basically see through their eyes. This sounds cool in theory, but not in areas when you've never seen before. You really have no idea where one of these things are walking around, and if they spot you they alert every other one, too.

I've only gotten so far with a guide, and even then the game gets more difficult when you have to guide the BLIND. There was a second one released in Japan, and a third one on PS3. I didn't play either of them due to the difficulty of the first. I did try the demo for the third one, which seemed a lot creepier... but didn't seem to change much in terms of gameplay.

This game will forever haunt me as being the one horror game I have not completed. CURSES!

soundbreaker
10-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Space Invaders. THEY JUST KEEP GETTING FASTER!! I got into the level-select screen on my old Atari 2600 and decided to jump to level 80. #omgveryno
I had no chance.

Rhetorical Gamer
10-11-2010, 01:52 PM
NINJA GAIDEN on the NES!!!!!!! http://www.gamewithabrain.com/wp-content/gallery/adventure/ninja_gaiden_nes.png

SoulArbiter
10-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Bloody Battletoads, lads. Battletoads!

Force-A-Nature
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

I didn't touch the game for 3 months because of that final boss.

Oh boy how I hate that final boss.

dbull620
11-16-2010, 09:00 AM

This. Using warp zones, the farthest I've ever gotten was level 10, but typically I only can make it up to level 9. Well, that's the hardest good game I've played anyways; the hardest bad game I've had the displeasure of playing was The Terminator on the NES. The game's controls are so horrid that I never could make it past the first level.

mahay
11-16-2010, 11:17 AM
The mission "Burn them out" (or something like that) in Call of Duty:World at War when it's on Vetran Diffuculty. You play an American soldier and you have to storm the Japanese dug-in trench. It's so retarded. First there's an unlimited number of Japanese, so you have to keep advancing or they just keep respawning. Second, even a pea-shooter would kill you. Third, they keep spamming grenades to prevent your advancing, which just means that it goes in for forever... I still haven't gotten past it because the enemy AI is so cheap. :veryunhappy:

Snapplemonkey
11-16-2010, 03:06 PM

^ What this guys said!

Gunzy
11-21-2010, 04:35 AM
Tenchu Z and Phantasy Star Universe... I've had the games for two years and still haven't beaten them.

Zero Gravity
11-24-2010, 08:07 PM
MW2's story mode on Veteran (hardest difficulty, nearly made me go Bat-Bonkers

joegoku
11-26-2010, 06:37 PM

the hardest game that i've come across recently is resonance of fate its such a hard game with a steep learning curve for those who dont want to give the game a chance due to the fighting style. but the game seems so unbeatable and one sided when u fight bosses like trying to beat up a bear with a stick its just not going to happen

I really have to agree.
The first Boss-match were a real bad fight for me, over 20 retries.
and don´t get him down.
Then I trained every character with the different weapon types.
then fought the boss again, after some retries I got him. It is a really hard game ._.

Rhetorical Gamer
11-27-2010, 04:57 PM
MW2's story mode on Veteran (hardest difficulty, nearly made me go Bat-Bonkers

You've been through hell solider the war is won you can rest now *Salutes*
I felt your pain that difficulty in MW2 makes dodging rain easy!

Gatx
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Devil May Cry 3 for me, the first American version. Absolutely refused to switch to Easy mode after unlocking it by dying to Cerberus too many times, and took me months to get past him. I wasn't playing everyday so it's not as bad as it sounds.

The doujin shmup Suguri is also pretty hard, still haven't beaten it.

Stone
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I usually don´t have problems with any game.

But LoZ: twilight princess... I just say dragons and climbing a wall trying not to get flamed. I don´t know how often I died because I just threw away all hope to ever reach the friggin dragon.

SoulArbiter
12-04-2010, 05:31 PM
...the hardest bad game I've had the displeasure of playing was The Terminator on the NES. The game's controls are so horrid that I never could make it past the first level.

I know exactly what you mean, mate. Every time I'd play, I was all over the place. The game itself wasn't that challenging, the real challenge was getting around the controls! #noelrage

thatjimmychap
01-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Battletoads, curse that game. One of very few games that is harder when you play with a friend.

SoulArbiter
01-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Battletoads, curse that game. One of very few games that is harder when you play with a friend.

Too true, mate. Too true. Another one for me was Metal Gear Solid, the original on the PS1. Oh man! :ragna:

Goryan
01-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Rainbow bright princess adventures... just kidding. It has to be Ninja Gaiden for the 360. Gotta be a hard game since the makers made an apology version.

Zaig
01-29-2011, 01:56 AM

I dropped that game not because of the difficulty but because of the fact that even though I've played 6 chapters, I could not tell you what the plot is since there isn't really one. Anyways, that game still isn't difficult as long as you have played SRPGs before, pay attention to who your opponent is targeting, and know how to set up effective Tri Attacks. Out of the six bosses I've faced, the only one I lost to was the protection of the picture one (took me three times to find out that grenades are my best friend) because you have to freaking guard something when it's already almost dead from protecting it through four areas of multiple enemies. Lame.

As I only play RPGs, I've never played a difficult game before on the normal setting. But I guess Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES on Hard mode is difficult since, if you get ambushed by a regular enemy, you could easily get a game over. You have to be good at making personas and never use ones with any weaknesses except Light/Dark in order to survive that game.

I like a challenge in my games. The way I see it, if you CAN beat a boss/level within the first five tries, then it's too easy (which is basically every RPG out there). I enjoy losing, because when you finally defeat an opponent you worked hard and finally triumphed, the victory is sweet; alternatively, if you win on your first try, you feel like you didn't really do anything.

Flame
02-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Pssh! Forget everything you know about hard games. Super Mario Frustration(aka super mario forever) is even worse! Right in the beginning you WILL die unless you already know what to do when you start!

Zelpheropolis
11-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Earthbound because of the waterfall password and a LONG painful battle with giygas because i was to frustrated to get the hint. (wouldn't have gotten the hint even if i wasn't frustrated)

Mollybibbles
11-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Kirby Tilt n Tumble. Seriously, all I got to play was a GBC as a kid. But still, the tilt mechanism was designed so that you must keep the game completely flat or else you fall to your doom. T^T It has been years and I have yet to beat it (I put it down for, well, 10 years-ish...)

Zero Gravity
04-27-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm upping my opinion to World at War/Black Ops
TREYARCH!
Y U HATE ME SO MUCH!?!?

I hate that they implement infinite enemies during veteran and you can only continue by pushing forward, but AIs can snipe you with a shotgun when you push forward
x_x