PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Favorite oldgen system; favorite game.

Elk
11-20-2009, 01:57 PM
What system not in the current gen is your favourite, and what is your favourite game for that system.
I'll do a top three, but I suppose if you wanna do one or more, that's fine.

1.SNES, It's a hard one... But Earthbound/Mother 2 I think would be #1.
2.GBA, Probably Aria of Sorrow.
3.PS2, Kengo: Master of Bushido.

Mother 2 is probably one of the greatest RPGs of all time. All (2D) Castlevanias are awesome, so I had to shoose one for GBA. And Kengo is probably the PS2 game that got the most use at my place, perhaps second to GTA or Xenosaga.

Sandgolem
11-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Hmm Previous Gen huh,

1. GBA - Metroid Fusion
2. Sega - Shadowrun
3. Gamecube - Zelda Wind Waker
4. SNES - Chrono Trigger

EagleEyes
11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
1) Gameboy Color - Pokemon Silver Version
2) PS2 - Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded (Going Commando)
3) PS1 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
4) PS2 - War of the Monsters
5) N64 - Mario Kart 64

Probably forgetting some.

Bonediddly
11-20-2009, 03:31 PM
1. Snes - Mega Man X1, probably.
2. GBA - Ugh... The Final Fantasy ports.
3. NES - Mega Man... Dammit. I can't pick one.

Shadows_Revenge
11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
PS1: Castlevania SotN- Considered by many to be the best Castlevania game, and starting the Metroidvania gameplay. This is simply an amazing game. From sound design, to story, to genre changin gameplay, this game suck the soul out of my life when I first found it for 10 bucks in a mom & pop game store. I still have my original PS1 copy, and have a digital dl of it on xbl. Ive played probably a collective time of 80 hrs on both of them... and even to this day every now and then I still start it up to go through that classic one more time ;)

PS2: Dark Cloud- Why this game doesnt make more fav lists is beyond me. It took dungeon crawling to the next level, and the amount of stuff to do and find (building cities) was a great concept. The first one didnt sell that well though, and the sequel, although better in some aspects, did even worse in sales. The original one to me deserves this place due to the great storyline, which drew from a bunch of different cultures for its mythology, and its addicting gameplay. I remember going through the 100 level dungeon with EACH of the 6 characters just to get their ultimate weapons, and each floor takes an average of 10 min to get through, that is some dedication right there ;)

GameCube: Legend of Zelda WW- While many people looked over this incarnation of the LoZ, its combination of old school LoZ gameplay with the new travel of the ocean was a spectacular experience. When I first got into the King of the Red Lions and took sail towards Dragon's Roost, it actually felt like I was a small fish in a big pond, having a huge goal that I felt like I could never accomplish. This game also has the distinct quality of being the only game I have ever played that actually felt like I was traveling. Think of all the Final Fantasy games, when you where flying around in the airship, did you feel like you were actually flying? I would guess many would say no, but in LoZ WW it seemed like you could actually smell the salt water, as the ocean breeze blows through your hair. The Design team deserves many awards on that aspect alone.

NES: Final Fantasy- Ive already talked about this... so I dont think you want me to go into more detail. But if you havent played it, you gotta see the roots of one of today's greatest RPG series

GBA: Pokemon Red- little kids + collection games = BIG profits. While I hate using art for profit, this game is so highly addicting, being a young adult growing up at the time I was, I couldnt help but play this game. Its weird, quirky trainer mechanic allowed many kids who wanted to have a pet actually have several, and the rock-paper-scissor gameplay was thought out. Whichever market manager came up with this money making scheme atleast went the extra step to make sure it was well executed, which for the consumers means great games ;)

Miruki Mimiko
12-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Oh lord, don't get me started xD

1) Definately Kingdom Hearts II (need I say what console this is on? x3). I like this one better than the original mostly for the controls, and it has worlds based of of my more favorite Disney movies (Lion King, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast) XD
2) Kingdom Hearts (again x3). The original still definately makes my top favorites XD Mostly cuz it still has some of my favorite movies for it's worlds (mostly Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan)
3)Arcana Heart- PS2. This is an awesome fighting game. It's a game where the characters are all girls, and I admit it's a bit of a fanservice game, but I still love it nonetheless, just because I love the cool arcade-style, 2-D fighting game thing XD
4) Probably Pokemon Saphire for the GBA. DE let me borrow it, and I love it soz much. My Linoon pwnd XD
5) And to top off my list, yet another PS2 game, .Hack//Infection(or whatever the 1st one is)! It got a little tedious at times, but I simply love it!♪ I never managed to finish it ._. I was training for the final boss when... well... and accident occured that retired my PS2 (those that know me know what the accident was)

Mistress Victoria
12-11-2009, 12:58 PM
PS2 - Growlanser V Heritage of War - The regular edition came with so much stuff and the Growlanser series is epic in its own right. I love the old style of anime they use in their cutscenes and character portraits. I also love the battling system and the stories.

Gamecube - Baten Kaitos - It's one of the first RPGs using cards to battle that I knew of and it worked really well. I think I need to restart the game because I'm stuck on mine. >_<

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - The first 3D Fire Emblem. Some people didn't like it, but I love it. I loved the new features they brought into the franchise.

Tales of Symphonia - Who can forget this game? It's one of the most grand stories on the GameCube and the battle system is the most addictive. Then there is the little grade point store you get to buy perks at the beginning of New Game+.

GBA - Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones (6-8) - Who doesn't love Fire Emblem? I don't know, but it's a GBA series that I love and will always replay even though I've played through it tons of times.

Miruki Mimiko
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
OMG, Victoria, I'll give you the Fire Emblem stuff. I played Fire Emblem (whichever one is just called "Fire Emblem" in the US) on a hand-me-down GBA DE let me have, and I LOVE it.

Kanashimi
12-11-2009, 02:50 PM
You people and your favorites!

Oh well, I'll answer this one. It was the Nintendo 64, though ironically playing it now really isn't that fun. I blame the controller.

Shadowblade Edge
12-11-2009, 03:48 PM
PS2 - Persona 4

Rocco
12-11-2009, 05:01 PM
PS2: Persona 3
PS1: The Legend of Dragoon
PS2: SMT: Nocturne
PS1: Crash Bandicoot Warped
SNES: LoZ: A Link to the Past

Kibs
12-11-2009, 05:09 PM
N64: OOT, DK64 (classic badness), Star Fox 64, Original Smash Brothers
Genesis: Sonic games, Mickey and Minnie's Circus Mystery

EagleEyes
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
PS2: Persona 3
PS1: The Legend of Dragoon
PS2: SMT: Nocturne
PS1: Crash Bandicoot Warped
SNES: LoZ: A Link to the Past

Legend of the dragoon wa epic. And I never made it past the first disk.

XD

Shadowblade Edge
12-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Legend of the Dragoon was pretty awesome, but my third disc was scratched up so I never could never get past the fight with Lloyd near the end of the third disc. I'll probably try and score that soon actually.

Elc1247
12-25-2009, 02:48 AM
oh man... the old days...

SNES:
FF VI (FF III in the US)
Super Mario RPG: LotSS
StarFox
Lufia II
LoZ:LttP
Chrono Trigger
Mother 2 (Earthbound in the US)

N64:
LoZ:OoT
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64

PS1:
Metal Gear Solid
FF VII

Gameboy:
Pokemon (red,blue,green,yellow,gold,silver)
LoZ:LA
Pokemon Trading Card Game

GBA:
Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2: TLA
Pokemon (fire red, leaf green)

i cant add legend of dragoon... it felt too repeatative to me... and the voice acting was irritatingly bad... "Double... Slash!" oh god... that annoyed me...
i personally dont think dark cloud wasnt that great... it was fun... but not epic.
and LoZ:WW was pathetically easy... and really boring... you spend way too much time sailing around in your ship, not enough time in dungeons having fun, i have nothing against the art style, just... it wasnt really a well balanced game...
and fire emblem wasnt really my cup o tea... so i cant add that to my list...

Kibs
12-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Star fox 64 was the pinnacle of the star fox franchise.

After adventures (which I actually liked) they sort of went downhill, and it seems like the franchise is just going to die out. Just like Donkey Kong did.

Kercon
12-28-2009, 05:23 AM
From oldgen systems I had only Amiga, PS1 & 2 ,GBA =]
So for Amiga I think Sim city 2000 =] was one of my favourite games cuz I think it was one of first strategic games that I played =] of course there was games like The Settlers, Civilization or Dune =]

For PS1 In 100% Final Fantasy VIII ( for best one of series ) and first Persona but I can't remember if it was for PC or PS1 =_= Iron Fist Tournament games was great too =_= for god sake so many hours spent playing it >_< Final Fantasy Tactics =]

PS2 ... I think Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 ( not that old but still =] ) Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner ( second one not that old =] ) Tekken 4

For GBA Golden Sun and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Elc1247
12-28-2009, 05:39 PM
im suprised that you think FF8 was the best... i would have to say that 6 or 7 would have to take that prize... since 8 had just too many problems... i got to the final dungeon at level 24... thats how out of whack that game was...

and for StarFox... it would be nice if they returned to just the arwing/tank combat that the original and 64 versions were... it was supposed to be played like an arcade game of sorts... adventures kind of killed it.

Kercon
12-29-2009, 05:11 AM
^_^ you could finish 7 whit 30 lvl too ^_^ if you wanted it for me 8 was the best cuz it was almost ideal whit fight sys and characters ... ( for me cloud was annoying ... for god sake I really dislike him =_= ) but don't misunderstand I like VII and even cried while playing ( you know when T_T ) and I loved playing VI but like I say for me VIII was best

Shadows_Revenge
12-29-2009, 10:50 AM
8 is also greater than 7 in my eyes (cant say my favorite, 1 is) because the story line is just far superior. Yah Sephy is a better villain than the sorceress, but the overall twists and turns just seemed more satisfying. The cast going from cadets, to top mercs, to rebels floating around on a flying town, it just showed how much thought they put into the story to make it alittle more closer to reality and not trying to top 7 (which was their pinnacle in the fantasy storyline to most)

Bonediddly
12-29-2009, 11:54 AM
8 is also greater than 7 in my eyes (cant say my favorite, 1 is) because the story line is just far superior. Yah Sephy is a better villain than the sorceress, but the overall twists and turns just seemed more satisfying. The cast going from cadets, to top mercs, to rebels floating around on a flying town, it just showed how much thought they put into the story to make it alittle more closer to reality and not trying to top 7 (which was their pinnacle in the fantasy storyline to most)
*cough*http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/final-fantasy-viii/*cough*

Elc1247
12-30-2009, 04:03 AM
^_^ you could finish 7 whit 30 lvl too ^_^ if you wanted it for me 8 was the best cuz it was almost ideal whit fight sys and characters ... ( for me cloud was annoying ... for god sake I really dislike him =_= ) but don't misunderstand I like VII and even cried while playing ( you know when T_T ) and I loved playing VI but like I say for me VIII was best

prepare for long rant...
oh man... i dont get how you can think that 8 has a amazing battle system... its so pathetically easy to beat enemies because of how limits worked in that game... just get yourself to 25% health using demi or something on yourself and keep switching character selection till you get a limit break, then let the ownage ensue, every 10 seconds or so... "IRVING USES LIMIT BREAK! QUICK SHOT! BUDDA-BUDDA... 1 turn KO!" or "SQUALL USES LION HEART! BOOM! EPIC DMG!!!"... bosses were a joke in that game, i could have gotten to the end at an even lower level then 24 if i really wanted to, but i was doing some exploring. plus it was annoying how your stat and magic system work... sucking magic from enemies... then attaching magic to your stats to boost them? run around and grab a ton of ultima and attach it to something, and you got an epic stat... there are just too many blatant flaws in the game, as i will list a few more: enemies level up with you (pointless to kill enemies to level up for an advantage) you get paid based on your rank on a regular basis like a salary (no point in killing enemies for money...) it just makes it pretty much pointless to fight in the game. i got to the end of the game at about level 20 and never ranked up, and managed to get to nearly the top rank and level 100 (max) in about an hour... really... its that easy... and the story... was... well... a sappy and predictable love story... i felt that 8 was the first FF that began the death spiral of FF.
oh man that was long... but yea... those are some of my reasons i think 8 wasnt really that great... if you care to read them.

Kercon
12-30-2009, 08:57 AM
ouch .... that hurt >_< Elc you big mean bully ^_^ ...
You pointed that 25% hp way but in 7 you could put your self in this way too while nuking you self your rage meter goes up >_< and there was materia that give you limit break status ... so ehhh ...
For magic draw sys that was for me superior idea I like this idea and enchanting your self with magic that you draw that give you more thinking in battle ( if you enchanted your self whit powerfull spells each time you used one you wekining your self >_< ) summon sys for me was good idea too .... for the ranks ... hmmm for me it's normal thing why there should be money from fallen enemy ?? You received ingredients from them and loot so you could sell it all if you wanted >_< money and more you are mercenary(that was gardens) so why you should don't receive paid from them. For love story ^_^ ow god I don't think in 7 was that much better >_< and for entirety of story I like more 8 ^_^.

Elc1247
12-31-2009, 04:03 AM
well then you have to remember the giant leap they had to do in thinking since the change from 6 to 7 was pretty big, completely different universe and feel, 7 had its certain kind of feeling, that many people loved, since many can kind of relate to the things of that world.

but yea, i still stand by my opinion that 8 was way too chock full of problems to be considered the best, sure, the other FF games had their share of problems, but 8 was... well... full to the brim and leaking with problems... im pretty sure most people can agree with me on that.

Kercon
12-31-2009, 05:22 AM
Yeah I didn't say that I don't agree cuz is true >_< but still I like 8 more than 7 >_< and still you can kill me but I'm not changing my mind about it ( yeah I know I'm bit of fanatic some times X_X ) ok so lets make truce and avoid this subject for now ( in future we can make full debate and vote on your fave one ) ^_^ cuz I think we are scaring other people in posting here ^_^

Oni
01-04-2010, 12:39 AM
How about this, both 7 and 8 are sub-par and 9 is the best 3D Final Fantasy game?

I do like 8 over 7, however, they are both pretty bad. Honestly, once you take off the nostalgia goggles, you'll understand.

Elk
01-04-2010, 05:02 AM
>Take off nostalgia goggles
>like FF9 the best

does not compute. FF9 was made completely for the sake of nostalgia!

Kercon
01-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Oni ..... ^_^ ( I don't want to be mean but from all FF I dislike 9 most ) dunno why thus ....

Oni
01-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Well, let's just say my favourite Final Fantasy game is FF6, closely followed by FF4.

And I still consider FF9 better than 7 and 8, the battle system was better than both of them, the graphics made sense to the eye and the story was better.

IPaidthePrice
01-04-2010, 04:38 PM
N64:
Paper Mario, Zelda Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask

Gamecube:
Luigi's Mansion, Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 and Battle Stadium D.O.N

Oni
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Since I haven't done so yet:

NES: Mega Man 3
SNES: Mega Man X and Chrono Trigger
Genesis: Sonic 3 & Knuckles
GBC: Magi Nation
GBA: Boktai 2

Force-A-Nature
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
N64:Golden Eye
Xbawkz: JET, SET, RADIO, FUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE.

BRB Trying to get my Xbox to read disks again. :veryno:

Kanashimi
01-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Jet Set Radio is playing a lot on our station for a reason. It's awesome~

Chris
01-05-2010, 01:42 PM
GB: Pokemon (Mainly Crystal but all the others too), Legend Of Zelda seasons and ages, Legend of Zelda Links awakening, A link to the past.

GC: Legend of Zelda Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Four swords

N64: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, Majoras Mask

Zakuro Nakishai
01-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Final Fantasy IX for the Playstation. I miss that game. I'm glad they brought back Zidane in Dissidia Final Fantasy. It brought back some good memories. Lol.

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 06:55 AM
For the GB: Pokemon Series (I would have to say Crystal Version)
For the GBA: Megaman Battle Network Series
For the N64: Star Fox and Paper Mario
For the PS1: Ape Escape, Spyro the Dragon, FFIX, and Tail Concerto
For the PS2: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Radiata Stories, Metal Gear Series, and the Kingdom Hearts Series

christmas4477
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Another Battler Networker! High five!
I love the Battle Network incarnation of MegaMan, It was my first exposure to him.

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Another Battler Networker! High five!
I love the Battle Network incarnation of MegaMan, It was my first exposure to him.

I've been a long time Megaman fan since the NES playing almost all of the incarnations (also loved Megaman Legends) Every new Battle Network game was just a continuation of the fun.

christmas4477
01-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I've been a long time Megaman fan since the NES playing almost all of the incarnations (also loved Megaman Legends) Every new Battle Network game was just a continuation of the fun.

Have you heard of the new Battle Network for the DS, in which they cross over with Star Force?

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 07:50 AM
I think so but my DS has been broken for awhile now and haven't been able to play any games on it. I'll definetly have to look it up.

Rocco
01-10-2010, 08:11 AM
I think my favorite battle network was 2.

christmas4477
01-10-2010, 08:16 AM
I think my favorite battle network was 2.

2 was my first, and will always be my fave. 6 was pretty good though.

Oni
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Battle Network 3 will always be my favourite in the series. The music was awesome, and the plot was great.

Rocco
01-10-2010, 05:32 PM
3 was pretty good, I didn't like how they split into 2 versions.

Oni
01-10-2010, 06:09 PM
3 was pretty good, I didn't like how they split into 2 versions.

It was the exact same game.

XIamSogekingX
01-10-2010, 07:14 PM
They probably looked at the Pokemon video game model and thought, "Yeah...if we can release the same game, with a few alterations and call them something different, we can make more money." I usually just bought one of the versions.

Oni
01-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I actually bought MMBN4 Red Sun AND Blue Moon, for some reason. Allowed me to 100% Blue Moon.

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
01-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I actually bought MMBN4 Red Sun AND Blue Moon, for some reason. Allowed me to 100% Blue Moon.

I love the Battle Network series, I played all of them! Well, all except the first, go figure. Unfortunately, I can't find my BN3: White, and I have 2 copies of BN4: Red Sun.

Oni
01-11-2010, 03:24 AM
I love the Battle Network series, I played all of them! Well, all except the first, go figure. Unfortunately, I can't find my BN3: White, and I have 2 copies of BN4: Red Sun.

I have also played through and beat all three Star Force games. No, I am not going to pick up Operate Shooting Star. It's a disgrace to the Battle Network series, especially when you compare it to the much superior Battle Network 5: Double Team DS.

...Why am I not going to pick it up? Because I have played through to Number Man in the Japanese version, and Geo is very overpowered.

Kate
01-11-2010, 04:09 AM
Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia. The first game was AWESOME! I was really addicted to this series from this game. The combat was good and the story was perfect. Best thing about it, I got to spam Angel Feathers.

PS2 - Final Fantasy X and Dark Cloud. Final Fantasy, mostly everyone knows. Dark Cloud is a rare RPG. I don't know many people who know of the series. My favorite was Xiao. She was just a personal favorite.

PS1 - Final Fantasy VII/VIIIand Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear is AWESOME! Enough said.

N64 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Best Zelda game I've played.

XIamSogekingX
01-11-2010, 07:08 AM
PS2 - Final Fantasy X and Dark Cloud. Final Fantasy, mostly everyone knows. Dark Cloud is a rare RPG. I don't know many people who know of the series. My favorite was Xiao. She was just a personal favorite.

I played Dark Cloud 1 and 2. They offered both at a local rental store. It is definetly a sleeper hit.

Kate
01-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I played Dark Cloud 1 and 2. They offered both at a local rental store. It is definetly a sleeper hit.
Yeah. I just like the first one better. The second game was still good too.

HezaaChan
01-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Ironically not the first console I ever played on (we had a sega saturn and playstation before we found it in the cupboard), but I really love the SNES XD
And playing original Super Mario World 2 player, is just epic :awesome:

Shin_No_Kokoro
01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
To tell you the truth my fave console of all time will and always be the SNES and megaman 7 since it was my first game. Holy was i blown away. Then i would say the gb is the next one with SSBM, ps1 with dukem nukem, n64 with mario party, ps2 Shadow of the colussus, and finishing up with the psp and Disgaea: Afternoon of darkness

Rocco
01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Shadow of the colossus is an awesome game!

XIamSogekingX
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I would love to see a remake or some kind of sequel to that game with updated graphics.

chefofdeath
01-12-2010, 09:09 AM
i would have to say that two oldgen games caught my eye and that was total carnage and UN Squadren

victorious0702
01-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Darkcloud was a pretty good game. I wish moar games were made in that style because i think Darkcloud coulda been even better.

My fav old gen is the playstation
Im a Final Fantasy fanboy so FF7 would be my favorite.

IPaidthePrice
01-14-2010, 01:32 PM
I have to add another one, EarthBound the War of Gyigas for the SNES.

dbull620
01-14-2010, 01:37 PM
PS2 - Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
Gamecube - Metroid Prime
Xbox - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
N64 - Super Smash Bros.
PS1 - Megaman X4 (FFVII a close second)
GBA - Metroid Fusion
GBC - Pokemon Crystal
NES - Super Mario Bros. 3

All those consoles/handhelds, yet somehow I've gone this long without an SNES.. shame on this gamer.

Zero Gravity
01-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Gameboy/Color - Pokemon Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Wario Land.
Sega Genesis - Sonic The Hedgehog 3 + Knuckles
GBA - Medabots: Rokusho Version, Pokemon LeafGreen
NES - Super Mario 3, Super Mario 2
SNES - Super Mario World
Playstation 2 - .HACK//GU, .HACK//Infection - Quarantine, FF X, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Disgaea 1 + 2, Kingsom Hearts 1 - 2
Gamecube - Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, Sonic Gems.

Aero
03-27-2010, 10:20 PM
My top 4:

1.SNES / Chrono Trigger- Everyone was onboard with nintendo when the SNES was on the scene. It made it a wonderful system to own.

2. PS / Valkyrie Profile or MGS- Kinda like how the SNES was back in its day. It had all the games I wanted to play.

3. GBA / Breath of Fire II (Re-release) - All my old favs were re-released for GBA along with some new games I enjoyed for quite awhile.

4. PS2 / Shadow Hearts - I <3 my PS2. I didn't like the selection of games as much as the PS, but since it was backwards compatible I could always play all my old favs on it.

Lite
03-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Hmm... in no particular order:
GameBoy Colour: Pokemon Gold and Silver, because they were amazing. Obviously xD
Playstation: Tombi - That game is so rare, and I'm so happy to have a copy. Best platformer EVER
GBA: Megaman Battle Network series. So much still to do T___T
Playstation 2: Persona series, Kingdom Hearts series, FFX, Dark Cloud series... basically, RPGs!

twillÿ
05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Gonna have to say my favorite past-gen go like this...

1. Shenmue/Dreamcast
2. Shenmue II/Xbox
3. TES:Morrowind/Xbox

Not exactly old, but those are by far my favorite games ever, and they all just happen to be previous generation. :wink: ...if only by a narrow margin.

Jubilee
05-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Playstation 2: Kingdom Hearts series, FFX, Dark Cloud series... basically, RPGs!

Heck yes Dark Cloud!
Also Gold for the GBC of course....
and Spyro for PS1 :3

Mollybibbles
05-12-2010, 10:46 AM
GBA/GBC- Gold, Silver and Crystal (Crystal takes the cake of awesomeness because they introduced cleaner graphics and moving pokemon)

ZshadowX
05-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Snes: Chrono Trigger
N64: Legend of Zelda; Orcina of Time, and Majora Mask
Playstation 1: Metal Gear Solid, Megaman Legends 1 & 2, and Brave Fencer Musashi
Those were the Days

soundbreaker
05-17-2010, 08:54 AM
In a particular order:

SNES - TMNT Tournament Fighters, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Land, Mario Kart.

N64 - Super Smash Bros., Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Lylat Wars, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64.

GameCube - Super Smash Bros Melee, Zelda: Wind Waker.

I still play my older consoles every so often. My collection of GameCube games has plateaued at around 56.

stellarhush
05-17-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm going to say Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 for the PS2 along with Okage The Shadow King.(also for ps2) and for PS1 Jade Cocoon.Sly Cooper is in there for PS2 also.N64 would have to have been donkey kong,and as for Gamecube,the Tales games.Xbox would have to be Fable.

Zelpheropolis
07-04-2011, 06:21 AM
SNES- Secret of Mana
PS1- Legend of Legaia
PS2- Xenosaga series

grimdefeat
07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
snes- legend of zelda link to the past
Sega- streets of rage
PS2- way to many to name but if i had to choose one kingdom hearts 2

Bargain Gamer
07-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Dreamcast: Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur
PS2: Persona 4, Final Fantasy X
PSO: Legend of Dragoon, Metal Gear Solid

JawnVick
07-05-2011, 10:20 PM
well I do love simply playing super mario bros 3 and world

Leviathan Mist
07-05-2011, 11:05 PM
SNES- Secret of Mana
PS1- Legend of Legaia
PS2- Xenosaga series

You have excellent tastes, good sir.

JawnVick
07-05-2011, 11:40 PM
agreed

Zelpheropolis
07-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Thx. #chie

jessileo127
07-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Hmn... When I was younger I had very little moneyies so I only had a few systems and games
1: This one I still play at night when I cant sleep- Gamboy Colour with Pokemon Red
Although am slightly upset that its spelt colour on the actual system. (lol)

2: it was either SNES or the Sega Mega-Drive... Something like that... And we only had one game on it... Sonic, which I never completed

Leviathan Mist
08-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Hmn... When I was younger I had very little moneyies so I only had a few systems and games
1: This one I still play at night when I cant sleep- Gamboy Colour with Pokemon Red
Although am slightly upset that its spelt colour on the actual system. (lol)

2: it was either SNES or the Sega Mega-Drive... Something like that... And we only had one game on it... Sonic, which I never completed

Sonic was always a Sega franchise, until Nintendo bought the rights to use him, but that wasn't until recently. I remember the SNES vs. Genesis/Mega Drive wars clearly. Anyway...

My favorite console is SNES, though PS1 and GBA aren't too far behind. My favorite game is Chrono Trigger, but there are a ton of great games. Super Metroid, A Link To The Past, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario RPG... so many good memories with my SNES.

The Eternal Scholar
08-17-2011, 08:16 AM
My favorite old-gen consoles were always the SNES and the Nintendo 64. I played the N64 until my hands bled, although that was mostly do to the Mario Party minigames. Anyway, games like Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong 64, Star Fox 64, and especially Legend of Zelda pretty much made up my childhood until I got a PS1.

My absolute favorite game for the N64 was always Majora's Mask. First game I ever completed 100%. Such a fun game...*goes to dig out his N64 out of storage*

luigimeister
08-17-2011, 09:56 PM
@Eternal My hands always got blisters from those dumb control stick mini games in mario party 1

Jubilee
08-17-2011, 10:08 PM
My absolute favorite game for the N64 was always Majora's Mask. First game I ever completed 100%. Such a fun game...*goes to dig out his N64 out of storage*

Thing I remember best about that game is the dude who dances in the pink panties.

...you know the guy I am talking bout. http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww205/cajinmagic/jb.gif

deadlymustach50
08-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Top Favorite! Nintendo 64- James Bond Golden Eye- Probably the most successful movie based game out there!

PS2: Racket and Clank Series
PS1: Metal Gear Solid
Gameboy- Pokemon Yellow Version
SNES: Megaman 2
Gamecube- Super Smash Bros Melee
NeoGeo- Metal Slug