PDA

View Full Version : Sons Of Doug Fetterman

Elk
11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Protomen General.
I suppose MVS - The Protomen is acceptable here as well.

Anyways, for you who do not know the Truth about Wily:

Protomen (http://www.protomen.com/act2.htm)

You can also run a youtube search on the Protomen to hear some of their music, and watch the magic that is the Protomen live, as well as a couple pretty decent fanmade videos.

My CDs came in a few days ago, I think I mentioned that in the listening to now thread, but I figured if anything, these paragons of music deserve the first post in Music.

My favourite song of theirs is probably Light Up The Night, best followed by The Fall. I would pick The Fall, such a powerful range of emotions, but Joe and Tom in Light Up The Night are just amazing.

Elc1247
11-20-2009, 05:19 PM
hmm... what genre are they? i might be interested in them.

Elk
11-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, Act I is a Rock Opera, telling the story of Megaman's fight to free the people of his city, and avenge his fallen brother. Act II, is also a Rock Opera, though the musical styles vary more, based on the characters in the songs, which is sort of a prequel, detailing Light and Wily's relationship, and Wily's rise to power.

MVS - The Protomen is a remix album. Makeup and Vanity Set took songs from Act I and made bitmusic versions.
From Act I
dGvqMXYhYhU

From Act II
HP2NePWJ2pQ

From Makeup and Vanity Set
vA7TgueDZFQ

Bonediddly
11-20-2009, 09:08 PM
I've never heard of the MVS before... Sounds pretty epic.

The Protomen are so freakin' epic. They really don't get the credit they deserve.
They're the only Rock Opera group I've ever listened to, but the plot behind the songs just elevates the experience to a whole new level. I love it.

animecrazy004
12-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Epic. Sounds awesome even though I've never heard of them.